collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OMG they got my Venezuelan too! :(( - Update page 6!  (Read 14655 times)

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: OMG they got my Venezuelan too! :((
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »
Was it shipped from Venezuela and then passed through the US into Canada..? Or was it shipped from the US to Canada..? Either way that's still awful that all these gorgeous MIB ponies are being forced to no longer be MIB because they can't simply use a drug dog or a scanner....

My question too? Was there anything indicating where it was originally from on the box (Venezuela)? Cause you think they would do this with most all ponies now, if that is the case.??? How would they know it was Venezuelan? Or perhaps it was a random check?

I haven't ever had any problems with shipping ponies out the U.S. in all my years of collecting, I have been very fortuante.

So sorry to hear about another pony being harmed :hug:

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2012, 02:24:43 AM »
Which mail carrier was she sent with? Was it a courier or regular mail?
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lilith1981

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2012, 03:23:47 AM »
I've written the seller. I know it's not their fault that customs is evil. However I don't understand why it wasn't insured. I spent $30 extra for shipping. It should have been insured and declared for full value. I can't even file for damages.

If they'd declared the value you might have had to pay a loooot on customs fees... plus insurance can be horribly expensive, I know it is over here :(

it is illegal to put a lower value on the customs form in order to avoid customs fees. it means you cannot claim back the true value if the packet got lost, because a false value was declared.

extra insurance is costly it is true :( but surely it is worth the peace of mind.

love pkw xxx

Yep, this.

OK, I misunderstood. I thought they hadn't declared ANY value. Did the seller specify it would be insured? What exactly were those extra 30 dollars for? Sorry, I'm just a bit lost since Spanish post works a bit differently for international shipping :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:47:39 AM by Lilith1981 »

Sternenstaub

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2012, 05:13:47 AM »
Was it shipped from Venezuela and then passed through the US into Canada..? Or was it shipped from the US to Canada..? Either way that's still awful that all these gorgeous MIB ponies are being forced to no longer be MIB because they can't simply use a drug dog or a scanner....

My question too? Was there anything indicating where it was originally from on the box (Venezuela)? Cause you think they would do this with most all ponies now, if that is the case.??? How would they know it was Venezuelan? Or perhaps it was a random check?

I was that wondering , too.
From where was it send original?

Offline Avea2006

• Trade Count: (+136)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2012, 08:16:19 AM »
It was sent through FedEx from Venezuela. When he told me the cost for shipping was $30, I assumed it was for tracking and insurance. He did send me a tracking number and it arrived very quickly (within one week). I still haven't heard back from the seller.  I wrote them here first, but I should have realized that now that they've sold their ponies they probably won't come here. So now I wrote to their email just the other day. I really hope to hear from them soon.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:18:01 AM by Avea2006 »

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2012, 11:45:21 AM »
I have his contact on FB too if you need it^_^
Just let me know!

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2012, 12:06:14 PM »
I've written the seller. I know it's not their fault that customs is evil. However I don't understand why it wasn't insured. I spent $30 extra for shipping. It should have been insured and declared for full value. I can't even file for damages.

If they'd declared the value you might have had to pay a loooot on customs fees... plus insurance can be horribly expensive, I know it is over here :(

it is illegal to put a lower value on the customs form in order to avoid customs fees. it means you cannot claim back the true value if the packet got lost, because a false value was declared.

extra insurance is costly it is true :( but surely it is worth the peace of mind.

love pkw xxx

Yep, this.

OK, I misunderstood. I thought they hadn't declared ANY value. Did the seller specify it would be insured? What exactly were those extra 30 dollars for? Sorry, I'm just a bit lost since Spanish post works a bit differently for international shipping :)

:hug:

the shipping is different from country to countr you are right :) it is always worth looking into customs/insurance/shipping overseas when you sell internationally. import rules vary from country to country, i have learnt this through experience and through my job. i would not say i was an expert though!

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Leegeta

• Firefighter Chick
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »
I hope my pony from venezuela arrives safely =( i did email the seller asking him/her to wrap it up carefully and put "fragile" on the box because overseas shipments tend to get dinged up pretty badly.
*<3 <3Seeking MIB DREAM BEAUTIES! <3 <3*

Leegeta\'s Collection

Offline Avea2006

• Trade Count: (+136)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »
I am speaking with the seller now, hopefully we can reach an amicable solution. :)

Offline Leegeta

• Firefighter Chick
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2012, 07:18:27 AM »
I hope so! good luck Avea!
*<3 <3Seeking MIB DREAM BEAUTIES! <3 <3*

Leegeta\'s Collection

Offline JessicaAFM

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ponies
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 07:33:06 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about your pony :(

Has anyone had difficulties with Mexico to US transactions. I was going to bid on a Mexican pony but now I am not so sure. Granted she is far from mint but I am still worried about what kind of state she will arrive in if customs/homeland security are involved.  :huh:
~Jessica~ My Ponies

Thanks to sd_dreamcrystal for my adoptable.

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2012, 07:34:37 AM »
I hope you will find a solution too.

A new info for everyone!
Today i have received a new package from Venezuela, and my heart skipped a beat when i saw it was opened again from the custom!
But luckily i've asked to the seller to flatten the boxes and put the pony in bubble wrap.
I've been lucky because the custom opened the bubble wrap with a cutter but the blade didn't reached the pony!

Hugs!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:54:02 AM by SoSilver »

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 07:38:17 AM »
I hope you will find a solution too.

A new info for everyone!
Today i have received a new package from Venezuela, and my hear skipped a beat when i saw it was opened again from the custom!
But luckily i've asked to the seller to flatten the boxes and punt the pony in bubble wrap.
I've been lucky because the custom opened the bubble wrap with a cutter but the blade didn't reached the pony!

Hugs!

I was wondering if having the box flattened might not be a better option.  So glad this one reached you ok SS, even though Customs opened the parcel. :hug:
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline JessicaAFM

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ponies
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2012, 07:42:06 AM »
Maybe we out to put together a fact sheet on proper dismantling of a package and pony as well as putting back together instructions. Then the seller can just print it out and enclose it in the package with a note stating something to the effect that this is not just a toy but a valuable collectible and to use care when inspecting. Even though it wouldn't keep them in unopened condition it may still keep most of the value intact if they knew how to properly take them apart and repackage...
~Jessica~ My Ponies

Thanks to sd_dreamcrystal for my adoptable.

Lilith1981

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 07:47:18 AM »
In any case we should put FRAGILE and HANDLE WITH CARE in big bold letters on the package :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal