collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What did you want to be when you grew up?  (Read 11713 times)

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What did you want to be when you grew up?
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »
When I was tiny I wanted to be either a superhero like Princess in 'Battle of the Planets', or a Mounted Policewoman since my Dad was a Special Constable and my mum is a groom. Then I got in to the Willard Price adventure books series and wanted to be a marine biologist. But I've never been very good at swimming. Then when I was about 7 I excavated my first skeleton (ended up being of a chicken) at my mum's work, so my interest in Archaeology stemmed from then onwards. Then I wanted to be a farrier, until I was told they had bad backs, then a saddler, but at the time you needed to do an apprenticeship, and women weren't really accepted by the saddlers of the day. Then I went back to wanting to be an Archaeologist. With a bit of wanting to be a lighting director at the BBC in between.
I then allegedly grew up, went to uni to do an Archaeology degree, but ended up volunteering in a nursery class in between lectures. Which led to a PGCE. Or most of one. And I've been in challenging schools/Special Schools and a respite unit ever since.
Now I want to write and illustrate children's fiction, and be a stay at home parent doing an MA or something.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:38:29 PM by GazeboMouse »

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »
I remember wanting to be a singer, a pharmacist (like my mom!), and the obligatory "first female president". Now I just want to be a kindergarten teacher. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »
Firstly I wanted to be an archaeologist, then amazon, then a lawyer, then a clerk in an oldschool store, you know where all the things are behind the counter and people had to tell me what they wanted.. then I went back to archaelogist and studied that at university.. Then I crashed into the wall with a bang, had to drop school and got a part time job in a grocerystore and after five years I got fired in a not so nice way and is now unemployed.

I don't know what I want to do now :(

Offline Mad-March

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »
I used to want to be a paleontologist, and then I wanted to be a marine biologist because I didn't want to get too dirty sitting in the dirt digging up bones. And now I'm studying to become an artist so none of that really happened LOL

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 10:45:45 AM »
Flitter
Not gonna lie, when I was really REALLY little and had no sense of the world, I wanted to be a horse. Yes, a horse.
Good to know I wasn't the only one who wanted to be an animal!  From about kindergarten to the end of sixth grade I wanted to be a dog. :redface: 
 Yes, it was pretty much until almost my second year of middle school that I realized I could never really be a dog.  Still kinda' dissapointed about that, but oh well...
At about the same time, I also aspired to be a scientist.  My main goal was to do three things: make Pokemon real, make my stuffed animals life-like robots, and turn myself into a dog.
...Since I'm still not all the way grown up, I'd say right now I pretty much want to be a freelance journalist and artist/ book illustrator.
Aww
My older brother once confessed to me when he was younger he said 'I want to be a caterpillar'

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

fluttersquid

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2012, 12:34:32 AM »
(in the order from when I was about 6 to 14) Scientist, Marine Biologist, Archaeologist, Baker, Social Worker/Gerontologist

I ended up losing my grandmother, so I pushed all ideas of gerontology away, and went back to baking. Now I work in a bakery and I love it!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 01:33:49 AM »
Oh, now that I'm thinking about it I wanted to join a traveling carnival at one point. I had big dreams, lol.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2012, 06:47:36 AM »
Oh, now that I'm thinking about it I wanted to join a traveling carnival at one point. I had big dreams, lol.

I wanted to do that too! But I didn't want to wait until I grew up! Of course I apparently come from circus people and carnies so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »
Whale trainer at Sea World  :)  This was my life plan from kindergarten until I was a sophomore in high school and I realized that I should have a backup plan.

Before that plan, I wanted to be the first person to take a horse into outer space!  And then my dad told me that astronauts had to be good at math (trying to encourage me to like math more) and I gave up on that one  :P

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
First I wanted to be a nurse because I loved helping to take care of my mom when she got sick. Next I wanted to be a vet until I considered the whole having to put animals to sleep thing. Next were cartoonist and animator and then just professional artist.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2012, 12:12:10 AM »
I wanted to be a vet.  Heh, I'm a vet nurse now.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 12:15:42 AM »
I wanted to be a gymnist, then a vet, but work experience at the vet surgery put me WAY off that job! Now I work in a petshop!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2012, 12:46:18 AM »
I wanted to be a Veterinarian... I even did my first term paper on it. Then I went to college to go into ecology and conservation but when I hit the Physics I quit that. I now have a an associates degree in Laboratory Technology that I don't use.

I would now love to be a stay at home mom with her own pet supply, pagan supply store - with a pet grooming business on the side... But I don't suppose that will ever happen unless I hit the lottery...

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 03:05:22 AM »
I wanted to be part of the A-Team  :blink:

Then a teacher but realized i HATE kids, then a Vet but didnt like the coursework and ended up working on a MA in Military History

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2012, 08:55:34 AM »
went in phases:

Archaeologist specializing in Ancient Egypt
Special Effects Technician
Video Game Designer

Currently I work as a web/print designer (in a cubie no less) with aspirations to be a freelance illustrator

If that doesn't work..there is always global domination ^_^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal