collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: GRRRRR Pullip Stand!  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
GRRRRR Pullip Stand!
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:49:57 PM »
I got a purple plastic doll stand along with Yuki and it's the most annoying thing in existence.  I can't get her to stand without a lot of effort, and I can't keep her still when I'm trying to do things like take pictures or style her hair.  Half the time, the stem pops out of the base and the other half, her feet slip off the base, and it's very frustrating >.<  Is it just me, or is this common with this type of stand?  What can I do to help this issue?  I just wanna play with her hair T.T  I already broke one of her wrists, and I'm afraid I may break more if her stand refuses to cooperate...

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: GRRRRR Pullip Stand!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 12:00:27 AM »
do you have any stickytack or something similar laying around? stick a little of that on her stand and have her stand on that :) she'll hold her grip better.

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 01:05:01 AM »
To be honest I gave up on those stands long ago. They're so annoying, break easily and I hate how static the dolls look when in them. I just balance my dolls against a wall for pictures and when styling their hair I just hold them between my legs so they can't slip away.

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 05:33:23 AM »
I hate the plastic stands too. Most are some ugly color and don't stay together or the dolls feet slip. Most people sell the metal stands cheap so I just bought a bunch of those. The reflective base looks so much nicer (i think)

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:42:03 AM »
I agree that the feet slipping off is annoying as hell, but I actually quite like the Pullip stands! I'm also looking to buy 2 plastic ones of any colour, if anyone hates theirs so much... :)
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Rabiruchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Lowly Human
    • View Profile
    • http://mim-ser-rabi.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »
The Pullip's stands never bothered me, but since I've got quite a number of dolls around here, I got some barbie stands and also metal stands (for bigger dolls) to make it easy to deal with the dolls in the everyday life XD Maybe you could find a stand that works better for you.
~ Looking for:
  :heart: G1 Ponies: Bashful Bonnet, Goldilocks, Bowtie (shy pose) and Baby Bowtie, Flutter Ponies and Summer Wing Ponies
  :heart: Stock Dals: Heart Macaron and Classical Alice
  :heart: BJD: SOOM Lig/Nodia (head or full doll in white skin)
  :heart: Want other ponies too! Got them?
My WishList

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal