collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Factory Defects?  (Read 17127 times)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G4 Factory Defects?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
I was wondering, who here has gotten pink diamond? I picked her up, but her cutie mark seems rather low on her flank, where is it supposed to be?

I picked her up yesterday and noticed that as well. At first, I thought it was a printing defect but now I think that's just where her cutie mark is located: low on her flank. I checked pictures of other people's Diamond Roses online and theirs seemed placed similarly low on the flank as well.

On the topic of the placement of cutie marks

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On the left is a Rainbow Dash that I just received from Australia (bundled with Rainbow Flash), and on the right is the one that I've had for a few months.

On the left is the Fluttershy that I've had for a few months, and on the right is one I also just received from Australia (bundled with Daisy Dreams).

Really noticeable difference in the placement of the cutie marks here.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:09:46 AM by Okiedokieloki »

cesprins

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 02:09:48 PM »
wow. That much a difference in cutie mark placements? It makes me wonder where else cutie marks have wound up on the body.

Offline Zest

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »
I had recently looked over my tiny G4 collection and I found something quite surprising. OTL
The head and body colors were completely different, but this was really extreme! I'm talking a Lavender head with a violet body.
I never noticed this before and honestly could've *sworn* the difference wasn't that bad/apparent; it's quite disappointing.

Though as odd as it sounds, I think owning a pony with its cutie mark accidentally placed way(way) off from where it should be adds a little quirk to them. xD (oooh, an army of factory error ponies! <3)
* ~ * ~ * Looking for: TAF Yum Yum and Buttons and Spanish Piggies! * ~ * ~ *

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
I had recently looked over my tiny G4 collection and I found something quite surprising. OTL
The head and body colors were completely different, but this was really extreme! I'm talking a Lavender head with a violet body.
I never noticed this before and honestly could've *sworn* the difference wasn't that bad/apparent; it's quite disappointing.

Though as odd as it sounds, I think owning a pony with its cutie mark accidentally placed way(way) off from where it should be adds a little quirk to them. xD (oooh, an army of factory error ponies! <3)

I don't have a problem with the off cutie mark ones either.... I've been giving my extras to my 7 year old foster-sister, and was going to go ahead and give her the ones with the off cutie marks....but the more I looked at them the more I couldn't do it. Fluttershy is one of my favourite ponies, and while I don't really like Rainbow Dash as a character in FiM very much, I love her toy.  So they're going on my carousel  XD

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »
Here's a factory error for y'all: my Cherry Pie came with GLUE in her TAIL. Anyone know how to get it out? I tried a bit of acetone but it didn't do anything.

Also my FS Luna has a dot of glitter glue right in the middle of her forehead, one of my Fluttershys and Pinkie Pies both have tails with half of it too short, and my glittery blind bag Pinkie Pie can barely stand on her own x.x
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2012, 02:15:28 PM »
I noticed the mismatch color heads and bodies on my FIM toys myself. :\ Only Applejack and Pinkie Pie didn't have it but my other three isn't so lucky.

Rococo

« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 04:11:41 PM »
Here's a factory error for y'all: my Cherry Pie came with GLUE in her TAIL. Anyone know how to get it out? I tried a bit of acetone but it didn't do anything.

Also my FS Luna has a dot of glitter glue right in the middle of her forehead, one of my Fluttershys and Pinkie Pies both have tails with half of it too short, and my glittery blind bag Pinkie Pie can barely stand on her own x.x

Would a steady stream of near-boiling water help soften the glue so it would be gently removed? I remember having a chunk of glue in my basic Lagoona's hair once and I ended up just ripping it off without damaging her hair. The glue had thankfully dried in a small chunk though, so I don't imagine one can easily rip the glue off if it's actually "woven" into the pony's tail.

I also saw Flitterheart and Feathermay at target today and they didn't appear to have a mismatched head/body. Nothing like what I have seen in pictures online anyway. I'm going to guess the mismatch is much more apparent under natural lighting as opposed to store/room lighting?

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2012, 05:32:25 PM »
I was thinking boiling water might help. It's not a junk, it's binding around 20 hairs and a bit more than an inch long. I think it's already broken some hairs, too, grr!

I've noticed a lot of the ponies that normal have plastic mismatch haven't had it at all lately in my stores. Except for Twilight.

Obsydian

« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
Out of Lily Blossom, Cheerilee, Honeybuzz, Pinkie Pie, and Blossomforth, only my Cupcake has any sort of defect, and that's just a barely noticeable lighter head. 
Maybe I haven't looked at them hard enough but apparently I'm just super lucky?

Offline Ginger

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2012, 07:41:03 AM »
A lot of my G4s have factory defects.

-Plumsweet has a very annoying hair loop plug in her mane
-Classic crazy head/body mismatch (even the white ponies!!!)
-Brown dirt marks
-Glue marks
-Kinky/crunchy box hair which looks to have been played with for months

Cheerilee from the school-pals set is guilty of everything but the messed up hair loop.

It's fairly disappointing!

As a collector I can be picky, but I KNOW even if I got these as a child I'd be especially disappointed with the crazy hair because at the time I wouldn't have even known how to fix it.

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2012, 08:22:06 AM »
Oh! On the looped hair plugs, I've been able to get them out actually. Around 1/3 of my ponies had it but not anymore. I've always been able to pull it out. I just get the comb teeth lodged under it, push my fingers to the tips of the comb so it doesn't slip out of the loop, and pull firmly but slowly. It can take a lot of work but yeah, if you're slow about it it should pull out without breaking. It helps to have the pony heated of course to soften the plastic and probably any glue too, but I haven't always needed to do that.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 08:25:51 AM »
^ Not only comb teeth, but if you dye your hair using a cap method, there is a silver tool for pulling the hair through the holes. I've found it incredibly useful for pulling these loops out safely.

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »
I bet that would work too! I'm sure there's lots of tools that would work actually. Combs are just what I have most handy :D

The first time I pulled out a loop was on accident. I almost died, I thought I'd broken all the hair or something!

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2012, 10:01:14 AM »
I've only had the looped hair plug problem twice. I used a metal crochet hook to pull it out. This is what I also use to isolate hair plugs and separate tinsel from the rest of the hair

Offline Ginger

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2012, 10:03:49 AM »
Thanks for sharing your advice!!! :D It's coming out!! It wouldn't budge at first but now I'm gently pulling at it with a comb a couple hairs at a time.

woohoo, thanks!

Edit: got them all!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:06:42 AM by Ginger »

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal