collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions?  (Read 27185 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions?
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2012, 09:17:05 AM »
I really can't stand G4 Pinkie Pie. She's much too hyper and in your face in my opinion and annoys the crud out of me. I also don't like the name DJ Pon-3. It's really awkward to read. I preferred the name Vinyl Scratch personally. Also while I like both the original 80s cartoon and FiM, I like FiM better.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2012, 10:05:55 AM »
Well, first and probably most obvious is I LOVE G2~ Love love love love love~ They're so nice and slim and dainty and their faces ARE THE CUTEST THINGS EVER OMGGGG.

Also I don't really like the adult G1s D: they seem a little frumpy to me, there are some poses I do like ( like Twilight's pose is cute) But like the Shy pose is just meh :c Also I think Flutter ponies and Sea ponies have really funky lookin heads D: G1 babies are probably the cutest things in existence though, lol~

And omg chartreuse hair ughhh I hate it. It just looks so.... Weird. Like not really tacky, but BEYOND tacky. Like some whole new level of tacky.

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2012, 10:23:44 AM »
Confession... I can't stand blush rubs on G1's! I'd rather take it off all together than look at it rubbed
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

oddish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2012, 10:48:25 AM »
I'm another one that's not into horses at all. It's odd because there are lots of other hoofed animals I really love, like deer, donkeys and lambs, and I adore unicorns. MLPs are the only horse related thing I'm into, since I prefer deer/goat/The Last Unicorn-like unicorns over horse-like ones.

But other than that I think my opinions are pretty inline with popular opinion...

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
I personally don't like coupling ponies that aren't originally meant to be together. I think it's really nice that other people do, though :3

This.

I might for the sake of art pair up a male with a female.  But I don't go around coupling up ponies.  I also did not play wedding with my ponies when I was little.

I also do not change the gender of ponies.  If Hasbro released them as female, then female they shall be and the same for males.

Post Merge: February 24, 2012, 10:55:34 AM

I'm another one that's not into horses at all. It's odd because there are lots of other hoofed animals I really love, like deer, donkeys and lambs, and I adore unicorns. MLPs are the only horse related thing I'm into, since I prefer deer/goat/The Last Unicorn-like unicorns over horse-like ones.

But other than that I think my opinions are pretty inline with popular opinion...

I love horses! Sort of.  I love the idea of horses and I really, really love unicorns.  However, I have been around real live horses a few times before and they are big and a little intimidating.  I've decided that I really like mostly imaginary horses after all.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:55:34 AM by Sunset »

oddish

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »
Post Merge: February 24, 2012, 10:55:34 AM

I love horses! Sort of.  I love the idea of horses and I really, really love unicorns.  However, I have been around real live horses a few times before and they are big and a little intimidating.  I've decided that I really like mostly imaginary horses after all.

Haha, I like them as much as I like any animal. I live in the country and there are lots of horses around, but I don't have much direct experience with them. They certainly are big and kind of intimidating, but on the occasions where I've been near them and had one walk up to me I like to pet them. I know for a little while when I was a kid I wanted to take riding lessons but it never happened, maybe it would be different if I had...

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »
For me I just can't stand the G4 ponies they are selling. Every one of them has mismatched color, major factory flaws and they are just ugly to me. They don't look anything like the FIM characters.  I do like the G4 blind bags as they to look like the characters. Why they can't recreate those with brushable hair I will never know. Sigh

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »
I love Donkey Pose too. :D
Hmm... I'm not too keen on Mimic, she's pretty but there's other ponies I'd rather buy than her.
As much as I love FiM I'm not that keen on the toys, the price is part of it and also because of the amount of QC issues I've seen it puts me off. I don't really think they're worth the price they're selling for

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »
I always liked sea creatures (hence my love for Sea Ponies) and dogs and cats. Think about it-- how cool would My Little Octopus be!

Giggles sorry but I keep thinking of a rainbow colored squid that shoots water at me. My little Squiddd.
ok enough silliness:
I just wanted to point out that everyone likes something different about MLPs and I think thats good because the world would be boring if everything or everyone was the same.
I do like pink.
I do like real horses. so I guess im the odd one out because I used to ride them and I always loved horses.
I love all pony poses even the weird funky ones.
BBE are poor creatures that need love too so I too pity on them and they have a shelter here.
I only like MLP style fakies
I love basic hasbro related customs. I still do customize G1s but not as often as I used to. I accept ponies with cancer if they maybe rarer or hard find.
I love mimic shes very special in my herd because of all her controversy.
I love ponies with long hair. I do customize ponies with long hair too enough to style braid ect.
I love TE ponies and the G3 donkey pose has 'grown' on me its ok but im not a super fan of it.
I love megan and molly too.
I love princess ponies and tinsel too.
Though sometimes I like to take a G3 and detinsel them for fun if I think its a pony I really love.
Most often I just leave the tinsel alone.
I love perfume puffs they really know how to rock that fro' lol
even though im not a huge fan of sea ponies I think they are ok.
The only ponies im not too particularly fond of are G3.5s and G2s.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:13:37 PM by SkyCakes »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »
I don't like mimic, but I love G3 Donkey pose.  there, there's mine. :P

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2012, 02:10:22 PM »
I'm back and forth with myself on this opinion, but sometimes I just wish they would have left My Little Pony alone and not came out with FiM or the G3.5s...or even the G3s.  I think the G2s are endearing in a weird sort of way and work with the original line.  I enjoy liking something that not a lot of people are into or know a ton about...so with the increasing popularity of ponies due to FiM - well - I don't know.  I just wish it'd go back to how it was with the original lines.  While a bigger fan base is cool cause of the different people you can meet - and while there are more pony products emerging which is cool - it's just...I don't know.  Not the same.  I think that's why I've been almost completing converting back to G1s only.  Going back to the roots :)  Just my opinion obviously (which may not be the most popular, clearly, in tying with this thread, lol).  Interesting to read everyone's opinions!  Seems like many of us have unpopular opinions that may have a strand of popularity afterall, lol.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2012, 02:12:33 PM »
Ok...When the FiM ponies first hit the stores, I detested them.  I did not like Fluttershy's eyes at all.  When you look at them straight on, it looks like there is something *wrong* with them.  Overtime, they have grown on me, and now I buy all of them for my daughters.

I only collect a certain type of pony, but I love looking at everyone's diverse pony collections.  I guess I don't have any negative opinions.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline pop-girl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/mlppopgirl/pop-customs
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2012, 02:21:58 PM »
I don't care for Rapunzel at all and feel that Mimic is way over rated.

I adore G1s but think the first Pegasus and unicorn molds could have been skipped. I can't stand the Firefly pose or the Moondancer and Glory poses.

3D symbols really bother me - they look like tumors growing out of the pony's butt. :P
I mean if you imagine a pony coming to life how awkward would it be to have huge protrusions coming off your flanks? Just EWWWWE.

I think some of the flutter ponies looking down at them, look like a frog in the face, a very cute frog, but they do look froggish to me :P

I've always thought they looks as though they had their cheeks stuffed with marshmallows but now that you mention frogs... :P

I mostly like the G4s but don't care for the earth pony eyes. I think they look like they're hopped up on caffeine and and a little insane.

*I might not save Truly if she was going to fall off a cliff. Truly = nauseating

This totally made me laugh! :lol:
Love & Miss My Pony Peeps!  :lovey:

emera_lazzaly

« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2012, 03:49:14 PM »
I am really not a fan of accessories. If you are going to give a G4 an animal, make it match up with the show, I mean really, it's not that difficult!

And like someone else said, put the plastic into the PONY SIZE, so we can have G1 sized ponies again!!  The G4 are too little :(

I'm not a big fan of pony clothes, the just look uncomfortable. And I don't like the Quackers pose, it just looks awkward.

Not a fan of flutterponies, they are weird looking.

I LOVE pink! And that includes pink ponies! Yes it can get a little redundant but it makes me so happy!!

I love tinsel!

I don't really like horses but I LOVE MLP!!

I love love love TE ponies <3

I can't stand the BBE ponies, they are just creepy.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:53:28 PM by emera_lazzaly »

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal