collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 142537 times)

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #570 on: March 02, 2012, 10:41:56 PM »
wystearya - It was one of the Targets I called today. This employee helping me on the phone was a lot chattier and friendlier than the other stores and when I said I'd been calling all over she said that they were told there was a manufacturing problem. That would explain why shelves are so bare everywhere, right?

Nova - I am so glad you got your SS Draculaura, congrats!

I had a good haul tonight myself! Spent too much money from my income tax return but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't buy these now. Didn't find the twins but I got SS Lagoona, SS Abbey, Classroom Ghoulia & Frankie, The Hydration Station, and Clawdeen's Bed... plus Lagoona's swimsuit fashion pack and Deuce's casketball fashion pack and picked up Spectra's fashion pack from my best friend. :) I feel satisfied with my haul for today for sure!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #571 on: March 03, 2012, 12:01:09 AM »
wystearya - It was one of the Targets I called today. This employee helping me on the phone was a lot chattier and friendlier than the other stores and when I said I'd been calling all over she said that they were told there was a manufacturing problem. That would explain why shelves are so bare everywhere, right?

Nova - I am so glad you got your SS Draculaura, congrats!

I had a good haul tonight myself! Spent too much money from my income tax return but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't buy these now. Didn't find the twins but I got SS Lagoona, SS Abbey, Classroom Ghoulia & Frankie, The Hydration Station, and Clawdeen's Bed... plus Lagoona's swimsuit fashion pack and Deuce's casketball fashion pack and picked up Spectra's fashion pack from my best friend. :) I feel satisfied with my haul for today for sure!

quite the haul you got there, I only got the twins and SS lala and I feel like I spent a ton of money :P

and thank's for the advice!

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 03, 2012, 12:38:37 AM »
Ok guys,I am through looking in store.Every things out of stock except for wigs costumes and diaries!So if anyone has Cupid or Toralei and is interested in a trade for a custom sculpture,please PM me!(I cant pay online.)
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 03, 2012, 05:34:31 AM »

I think it suits her. It feels a little more rockabilly.

she looks more like the cartoon now.
looking into a re-branding.

cesprins

« Reply #574 on: March 03, 2012, 08:31:29 AM »
Ok guys,I am through looking in store.Every things out of stock except for wigs costumes and diaries!So if anyone has Cupid or Toralei and is interested in a trade for a custom sculpture,please PM me!(I cant pay online.)

Yup, I have similar experience. I don't collect MH, but I always peak to see what they have. I've traveled from michigan to chicago area and checked many grocery stores, and every single one is wiped clean of the dolls. It's rather eerie to say the least.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 03, 2012, 10:42:29 AM »
I managed to find the Werecat Twins last night at my local TRU. They were nowhere to be seen on the shelves, not even a price tag, but I noticed that they suddenly had a few shelves full of the Fearleading 3-pack, so thinking they may be pushing their prior store exclusive before putting out the twins, I decided to check with customer service on my way out, and lo and behold, they had a few of them out back. I'm very grateful that two employees offered to look for me, as they weren't showing in their system at first.

I was really excited about this set from the prototype images I've seen, but I have to say that I'm honestly a bit disappointed with them in person, which is a first. Something about them seems really rushed, I don't know if it has to do with them being a store exclusive or what, but the quality control just isn't there. Some of them had big chunks of paint missing or white smudges across their cheeks, it wasn't pretty.

I managed to get dolls with decent paint, but their hair was an absolute nightmare straight out of the package, glue and loose hairs galore. I gave them a good boil wash and darkened their hair stripes with a fine-tipped Sharpie used for labeling CD's (no smudging) and they look a lot better than they did however. Oh well, I guess they can't all be winners. I do like having them for set completion's sake, Toralei doesn't look so alone anymore, but they just aren't my favorite.

I can see why so many people are having difficulty finding these dolls with good paint though. The position in which the dolls are showcased in the box doesn't seem to line up all that great with the front panel and it leaves Purrsephone's head a bit squished in the shallow end of the box. I really wish Mattel would redesign the shape of these boxes, it's bad enough that they always seem to topple everywhere in the store like dominoes, but now it seems like it's actually becoming a detriment to some of the dolls inside. :huh:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:47:17 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #576 on: March 03, 2012, 11:37:24 AM »
I bet you made your twins look amazing like you do all with all of your dolls Mandy! :) Will you be taking pictures of them?

Question to all of you... if you were going to sell DT Lagoona and DT Clawdeen from the two playsets nude... how much would you ask for them?

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 03, 2012, 11:41:44 AM »
I bet you made your twins look amazing like you do all with all of your dolls Mandy! :) Will you be taking pictures of them?

Question to all of you... if you were going to sell DT Lagoona and DT Clawdeen from the two playsets nude... how much would you ask for them?

The sets are quite expensive...I'd say maybe $20 each? I would not expect to pay any less than that personally. In fact, I'd probably expect to pay even more...

AllIsLove

« Reply #578 on: March 03, 2012, 12:10:22 PM »
Is the black and grey Skull Shores Frankie widely available yet, or is she still slated for an April release in North America?

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 03, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »
took a bus out to TRU today... they were stocked with about 20 SS ghoulias, one Lala, and one lagoona.  I snagged the lala and lagoona for myself.  they also had the hydration station, the fearleading 3 pack, and the classroom frankie, ghoulia, and lagoona.

I wanted to buy sooooo much stuff - but then I found blind bags!  I bought them all because they all seemed like they had different numbers.

I spent $70 or so :(((  lol.... budget blown.  PB&J for the rest of the month!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 03, 2012, 12:17:55 PM »

*cough*Iwouldtradeoneofthemtoacertainsomeone*cough* :P

But in all seriousness, I agree with Tuney and charge $20 for them since they came in a playset sort of thing.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 03, 2012, 12:23:36 PM »

Aldepending on where you bought them I would personal say 10-15. As the Bunk bed is 30-35 and the HS is 40-45. I could see charging 20 each if they came with there clothes and such but not a nude doll. But they are yours to price as you wish.

Congrats Mandy on finding the Twins.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 03, 2012, 01:17:01 PM »

Aldepending on where you bought them I would personal say 10-15. As the Bunk bed is 30-35 and the HS is 40-45. I could see charging 20 each if they came with there clothes and such but not a nude doll. But they are yours to price as you wish.

I agree on this.  I could see $20 or more if the dolls had their stock on, but nude, I would balk at anything over $15.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 03, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »
I spent $70 or so :(((  lol.... budget blown.  PB&J for the rest of the month!
I hear ya!  When I was at TRU the other day, I couldn't believe it when I walked out after spending $120.  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:   I've never spent that much on toys at one go.  So yep, bring on the PB&J, potatoes, and beans!

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 03, 2012, 04:28:32 PM »
OK, I got a question for those of you with multiples of Ghoulia.   Does she have the same face shape in all the releases?  I like her first release face, but it looks like some of them are not the same.  One (maybe Dawn of the Dance?) looks like the face might be wider.   Or is that just the difference in her make-up?

Thanks!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal