collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 142422 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #405 on: February 29, 2012, 04:35:32 PM »
Jupi, oh, Jupi! Your DOTD Ghoulia is absolutely divine. I love what you did with her bangs! I'm going to have to try that.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 29, 2012, 04:47:33 PM »
:cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:

I'm really disappointed in the price gouging retailers are doing on MH dolls as of late. Amazon has bumped up signatures to $22, the killer style dolls to $16 ( :shocked: ), and Skull Shores for either $18 or $19 (I haven't seen them in stock lately, though). TRU has signatures going for $25 now... These dolls are hard enough to find as it is. I think it's a testament to how much I like them that I'm sticking with them, though.

Actually a lot of things are going up in price. It's not just popular dolls.  Even at the dollar store I work at, a lot of things have gone down in size just so that they can stay at the $1 price point. I keep joking that we'll be carrying only travel sizes by the end of the year, but who knows.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 29, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »
Would someone mind pointing me to the thread that deals with repairing broken MH legs? I'm eyeing a broken gal on ebay, wouldn't mind buying her and fixing her up...

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:46 PM »
tuney, i pretty much just ripped them out...there are missing plugs, but for now its styled to hide it.
I will be ordering some hair from restoredoll tonight, that I'm told is a match

also, mail came!! now if only SDCC Ghoulia wasn't so bloody expensive *huff*

but look at them :heart:

I like what you did with SS Ghoulia!

And seeing them together- I still love DT Ghoulia the most. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 29, 2012, 05:31:57 PM »
:cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:

I'm really disappointed in the price gouging retailers are doing on MH dolls as of late. Amazon has bumped up signatures to $22, the killer style dolls to $16 ( :shocked: ), and Skull Shores for either $18 or $19 (I haven't seen them in stock lately, though). TRU has signatures going for $25 now... These dolls are hard enough to find as it is. I think it's a testament to how much I like them that I'm sticking with them, though.

That is exactly how I feel! When I saw Killer Style Frankie had gone up to $16 on Amazon I was so upset. They also raised the price of Draculaura's car from $22 to $28! I actually sent an e-mail to their customer service telling them how disappointed I was in their service for this. I mentioned that I won't be buying my Skull Shores dolls from them either. For such an inflated price, I can go to TRU, which is more likely to have stock anyway.

I'll probably still have to buy things from them because as I've said, they're the best place for me at least to find new releases (particularly Basics) but I'm very unhappy with the whole situation. Raising prices just because something is desirable is something I expect from other retailers, not Amazon. (I did get a lovely letter back from a Customer Service rep which made me feel a little better, even if I know it won't actually change anything.)

Jupi, I'm amazed  how adorable your Ula looks without bangs! Great style. I think that must have something to do with why I find the face of my DotD Ula so extremely enchanting. I have no problem with her bangs, but how, she's a stunner without too.

I certainly don't like the bright yellow mixed with Ula's pink tones, in fact I just don't like bright yellow, at all. But I'm sort of resigned to it on my otherwise gorgeous 2.0 Draculaura, there's just so many touches of it in the outfit that I couldn't get rid of it without ruining a lot of its detail, which is something that's really important to me to have in MH outfits. She still looks better to me with yellow touches than say, 2.0 Cleo's bad 80s aerobics instructor look all around.

Luckily, they haven't really used the yellow in her designs in a while, and I hope it stays that way. Her pinks, blacks, and whites are all you need. (I say this from experience with my own wardrobe! Except I use purple. <3)

Also, Tuney, this time I have no idea what you're talking about. Red roses? Perhaps you mean one of your custom dresses. I would love an official Ula design involving roses!!! (Just, not with yellow. XD)

Post Merge: February 29, 2012, 05:34:26 PM

Oh, and here's the link to a broken leg elastic tutorial you asked for (at least, this is the one I have bookmarked in case I need it):

http://monsterhighcatzi.blogspot.com/2010/09/defect-legs-fix.html
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:34:26 PM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 29, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
Keelee: Red Roses is my favorite pony...yellow with pink hair!

Thanks for the link! XOXO

Post Merge: February 29, 2012, 05:40:48 PM

Oh, and exactly what sort of elastic do I need and where do I buy it? It's obviously not your average elastic band...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:40:48 PM by tuneful87 »

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 29, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »

Haha, oh! I'm such a pony noob. Yes, that sounds like it would work for a pony, though I think it pretty funny that a girl with "Red" in her name is predominantly pink and yellow. My favorite pony (from my childhood) is white with sparkly white. (Not that I don't love colors - especially RAINBOWS!)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 29, 2012, 05:43:47 PM »

I think of Fluttershy- but those again- are pastel colors and work. Makes it springy.
That color on Draculaura's dress is like an oidie yellow.
Haha, oh! I'm such a pony noob. Yes, that sounds like it would work for a pony, though I think it pretty funny that a girl with "Red" in her name is predominantly pink and yellow. My favorite pony (from my childhood) is white with sparkly white. (Not that I don't love colors - especially RAINBOWS!)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 29, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »
Yeah, the name doesn't go AT ALL! Here she is in all her pink and yellow glory, with a dash of red!

Post Merge: February 29, 2012, 05:47:06 PM

Oh duh, she was right in my siggie. How did I not notice that?!?! BHAHAHA!

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #414 on: February 29, 2012, 06:01:08 PM »
Jupi, oh, Jupi! Your DOTD Ghoulia is absolutely divine. I love what you did with her bangs! I'm going to have to try that.

THANKS! I dislike Ghoulia with bangs....but this gives her a swoop sorta 80s feel and i kinda like it! much improvement over the blunt bangs - ick

Jupi, I'm amazed  how adorable your Ula looks without bangs! Great style. I think that must have something to do with why I find the face of my DotD Ula so extremely enchanting. I have no problem with her bangs, but how, she's a stunner without too.
Thanks! I was debating it, but when i saw the art of her (classroom) without them, I HAD to do it :D

I like what you did with SS Ghoulia!

And seeing them together- I still love DT Ghoulia the most. :D

I am considering rerooting just the bangs....i love her without....the bangs really kill her.
but I have to agree, DT is still my fav too :heart:

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #415 on: February 29, 2012, 06:05:14 PM »
the hotpink/electric yellow combo had to go
I couldn't agree more. Who the heck thought yellow went with pink? -___-;

UM....Are we forgetting the lovely, gorgeous, GODLIKE RED ROSES?!?!?! *has somewhat of a massive heart attack*

That's different, Tuney! Red Roses (who I adore) is pastel pink and yellow, which looks lovely together. Lala has hot pink, bright yellow, black, and white. Those colors just don't go together at all and yellow is a very loud, casual color. It doesn't look right on her fancy, aristocratic clothing. :/

My thoughts behind the addition of yellow is because of her love of sunshine and because it does clash with the typical vampire style.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12:16 PM »
jupiternwndrlnd: They look amazing! Makes me regret that I don't just collect Ghoulias! XD

Comin to think of it, we haven't seen any new ghoulia comin up in the new range of dolls for this year? have we? :S
*runs to check*

Ok..forgot about the Roller Maze Ghoulia X) But I do wish for a Sweet 1600 one or a Halloween one!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:14:13 PM by SweetScoops »
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 29, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »
I see what you guys are saying about yellow not working with the whole vampire theme. But I kinda like it. I bet you I could put Laura in the perfect yellow and pink outfit and make y'all love it! hehehe

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 29, 2012, 06:20:20 PM »
I see what you guys are saying about yellow not working with the whole vampire theme. But I kinda like it. I bet you I could put Laura in the perfect yellow and pink outfit and make y'all love it! hehehe

How about Gloom Beach Lala? I love those colors on her! <3
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 29, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »

It's a dare. :D I would love to see it done well.

EDIT: I can almost see Gloom beach working. I still wish it was a better yellow- but it's a bit more coherent.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal