collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 142548 times)

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #1005 on: March 15, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »
My man surprised me with Holt today! He said he found him at Walmart just as someone was putting them out. He said they put out a Ghoulia and a 1600 doll with a key also. It may have been a layaway box that didn't get paid for. I'm not sure but happy nonetheless!

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 15, 2012, 06:45:02 PM »
Just letting everyone know the werewolf set is on target's website now with a picture http://www.target.com/p/Monster-High-Dolls-Howleen-Wolf-Clawdeen-Wolf/-/A-13845881

also can anyone tell me where I can get some extra stands? Or can anyone sell them to me? I need 4
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:01:45 PM by kadajkitten »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 15, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »
So is it possible to give a CAM girl the thighs and upper arms of a regular doll? I want to recreate a Skeleton CAM using the arms, thighs, and torso of a Spectra, but I don't know if it's doable. I'm guessing not.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1008 on: March 15, 2012, 08:33:02 PM »
Does anyone happen to have a complete signature Ghoulia they want to sell? I really need her and the prices on ebay are making me cringe. I mean I know she's old and harder to find, but thought I'd give it a shot.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:22 PM »
Quote from: tuneful87
So is it possible to give a CAM girl the thighs and upper arms of a regular doll? I want to recreate a Skeleton CAM using the arms, thighs, and torso of a Spectra, but I don't know if it's doable. I'm guessing not.

It's possible, but from every account I've heard, it's a pain in the butt. Here's a tutorial-[size=78%]http://paintedplasticsmiles.blogspot.com/2012/01/tutorial-mh03-putting-kit-parts-on.html[/size]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:37:33 PM by crimsondeity »

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1010 on: March 15, 2012, 08:44:01 PM »
Thanks so much for that link crimsondeity!
Will come in very hand. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1011 on: March 15, 2012, 08:49:58 PM »
I got so frustrated about the torso that I ordered and never received that I stuck my skelegirl kit onto a spare goulia body. I left her upper arms since those are covered by the dress. I had bought some of the light grey werewolf thighs to use, so I chopped off ghoulia's legs completely and used a small piece of elastic and a lot of super glue to attach the new thighs so that the skeleton legs could snap right in.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 15, 2012, 08:51:34 PM »
possible? yes... fun? most certainly not ... recommended? not for the faint, weak of heart, or easily frustrated ... cost? .......... try it on a CHEAP doll first lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 15, 2012, 08:55:17 PM »
Sweet! I totally just made a Monster High OC out of bordom. Now lets see if I ever have the guts to make a custom of her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 15, 2012, 08:56:48 PM »
I got so frustrated about the torso that I ordered and never received that I stuck my skelegirl kit onto a spare goulia body. I left her upper arms since those are covered by the dress. I had bought some of the light grey werewolf thighs to use, so I chopped off ghoulia's legs completely and used a small piece of elastic and a lot of super glue to attach the new thighs so that the skeleton legs could snap right in.

Who did you order from?  I got one off etsy and I am still waiting :(

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1015 on: March 15, 2012, 08:59:16 PM »

Mine was from etsy from ClaireSparkman. She stopped replying to my communications so I reported her on etsy and have filed through paypal for a refund. Waiting for paypal to resolve the case.

AllIsLove

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1016 on: March 15, 2012, 09:50:41 PM »

Mine was from etsy from ClaireSparkman. She stopped replying to my communications so I reported her on etsy and have filed through paypal for a refund. Waiting for paypal to resolve the case.
If you ever decide to try Etsy for a custom torso again, I'd highly recommend JemGirlCreations - yes, she's in Australia, so depending on where you are it can be a little bit of a wait, but I was very happy with her work, and her communication (she even sent me a picture of the items before mailing them). If you buy more than one torso at a time (or torsos and shoes. Her shooooooooes! eg. She does ADORABLE clear MH heels with cupcake sprinkles inside them! And Lagoona's seashell heels!), it also saves on postage.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1017 on: March 15, 2012, 09:56:48 PM »
yeah, I've seen her listings, but that is SO expensive. I could buy a whole CAM set for almost $10 less than the price of 1 torso from there.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 15, 2012, 10:27:07 PM »
One of my contacts on flickr (dms_a_jem; no relation to Jemgirl) has started selling torsos for about $5-$7. She's sold out currently, but she said she'll have more in the next week or two. I know several people have ordered from her and been pretty happy. It might be worth checking out. Here's a link to her etsy store-http://www.etsy.com/people/dmsajem

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1019 on: March 15, 2012, 10:30:51 PM »
Sadly it's a bit too late at this point XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal