collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some newb questions  (Read 870 times)

Offline Astralwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Some newb questions
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:16:59 PM »
Alright, so I've been working clearing the tail rust from a couple ponies and now I just need to glue their heads back on, but which kind of glue should I use to reattach them?
And also, what kind of paint do you use to repaint ponies? I'm hoping to make a custom G4 Snuzzles (my first custom also!) and I don't know how the whole painting process works. Could someone please help me out?

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Some newb questions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:28:40 PM »
I use regular craft tacky glue to reattach the heads. Namely, if the pony is sold and a collector wants to check inside for whatever reason... the glue is easily removed by some hot water. :)

As for paint, acrylics work fine. Many people (myself included) use cheaper craft paint with decent results on ponies. It's a combination between ingenuity, tools and skill/practice. If you know what you're doing, you can do an excellent job with cheaper materials and tools. Then again, if someone is entirely new, even the best materials will not make up for practice. :3

I use... small sable brushes for my painting as they tend to be more affordable when they are small and leave less brush strokes. I use thin coats, and also mix my acrlyics with a good shiny clear coat so it has a bit of factory sheen to it. :D

Also holding your pinky to the surface of whatever you're painting and go slowly and carefully helps to steady your hand. :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Some newb questions
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:42:17 PM »
well i personally know nothing about customizing ponies haha!
buuuuuuut i do know there are a TON of tutorials in the customs forum
theyre stickied at the top ^_^

good luck! and be sure to post pics of your firstborn!! :)
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal