collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BJD FAQ  (Read 20918 times)

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: BJD FAQ
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 07:53:23 AM »
Does anyone know which companies/stores sell small animal bjds? I found a couple but there must be more. I don't was them to be bigger than a g1 pony. Thanks in advance!  ^.^

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 08:56:53 AM »
Does anyone know which companies/stores sell small animal bjds? I found a couple but there must be more. I don't was them to be bigger than a g1 pony. Thanks in advance!  ^.^

do you want little bipedal animals or ones that are on all fours?

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »
I like the bipeds like the dalsoo otter. SO cute!

Knibitz

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
dollfactory would be a fantastic place to start :) they make the dalsoo and lots of other cute animals

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 09:33:45 PM »
I know you have said before that people mix and match heads and bodys, but are they all compatable with eachother? I mean, what if I tried to put a souldoll head on a luts body?

Also, any recomendations for stands?

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 09:46:28 PM »
Oh man, I hadn't even thought about buying stands! *adds to the shopping list*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 10:39:41 PM »
I have a random question:

Can BJD's move their eyes?  If so, how?  I've been looking over dolls, to determine which I'd like to save for, and noticed that many of them have pics of them looking in different directions, but haven't seen any info on it.

SuniMoon

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 11:51:27 PM »
I have a random question:

Can BJD's move their eyes?  If so, how?  I've been looking over dolls, to determine which I'd like to save for, and noticed that many of them have pics of them looking in different directions, but haven't seen any info on it.
A resin dolls eyes are held in place with putty, so you can adjust what direction they're looking. In order to do so, you must take off they're wig, pop off they're head cap, and adjust their eyes. So, yes, you can move their eyes... But there isn't a mechanism for that like Pullips.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »
Thanks for the links, Knibitz :) Daisy Dayes Elise is beautiful, I've drooled over her personal centaur girls before.

I've heard that Bobobie and Resin Soul are sister(?) companies and noticed they stock some of the same dolls...do you know if there's a difference in the dolls or service, depending which site you order from? I wonder about shipping times and those pesky customs costs as well...
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Knibitz

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2012, 11:54:34 AM »
stands can be found at ebay. Honestly, I just have my dolls sit when they're not standing. SD sized dolls are heavy, and I've had dolls fall and take stands with them anyway ^^;

if you still want them, I always find stands on ebay. If you want higher quality stands, dollmore sells some. I know denverdoll and thedollmarket sell them too.
a doll stand is a doll stand is a doll stand for the most part.

yes, bobobie and resinsoul are sisters of sorts. Resinsoul does have a double jointed body though and many argue better aesthetics to the body, so I always recommend resinsoul over bobobie.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2012, 01:12:34 PM »
yes, bobobie and resinsoul are sisters of sorts. Resinsoul does have a double jointed body though and many argue better aesthetics to the body, so I always recommend resinsoul over bobobie.

That's good to know, thanks :) I might be getting a windfall soon, so my first BJD could be on the cards :D
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2012, 01:24:55 PM »
Knibitz- do you know if Pangs are On topic at DOA?

Knibitz

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2012, 01:46:34 PM »
I want to say yes...
I can't find anything that says they're off topic, but I also can't find any posts on doa specifically about them either, but looking at them, I would assume so - as long as they're resin.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »
I found a really old thread on them from 2008. I may just resurface it and see what happens :)

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 07:15:27 PM »
I have gotten myself into a perdicament... I love souldoll Eliot's face sosososo much, http://souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1978 , but I wish he were taller in comparison to the girl I want (luts annette - http://www.eluts.com/shop/step1.php?number=32 ) unfortunatly, they do not sell his head separatly... what are the odds of me finding someone selling his head? Do dolls depreciate? or should I expect to spend more on a second hand head? also, if I cannot find it, do you think a souldoll zenith head would fit on a luts senior delf body? ( http://souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1986 and http://www.eluts.com/shop/step1.php?number=291 ) [just so if you somehow happen to be unfamiliar with them, you don't have to go hunting ^^)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal