collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sneakers? Boots? Heels? Flats? Your favorite?  (Read 14872 times)

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Sneakers? Boots? Heels? Flats? Your favorite?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »
I love them all.  In the summer I like to wear sparkly flip-flops and wedge sandals, but in the winter I wear all sorts of boots.  I also have quite a selection of platform pumps that I wear to church and on date nights with my hubs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 11:37:30 AM »
I have to stick to sneakers (skate type) or flat boots. I would wear more of a range but I have flat feet so I have to have flat shoes, also if the shoes don't have a thick sole I tend to destroy them in a month or two due to the fact my feet wear shoes down weird. My shoes tend to wear out on the heel to one side.
At the minute, I am loving my combat boots though. I got a second hand pair from a local army surplus.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 01:48:08 PM »
My absolute favorite shoes are my Chacos!  Once the temperatures warm up, I live in those shoes.  I have hiked hundreds of miles, tromped through rivers, climbed a couple 14ers, and wandered around Italy in them  :)  They give great tan lines too!  XD  I actually have 3 pairs now... right before the honeymoon my wiener dog ate the straps off of one!  There was no time to send them in for repairs (my fav part of Chacos is that you can send them in to get re-strapped instead of buying new pairs), so my dad bought me a new pair!  I decided I'd keep my old pair as my "get dirty and hike" shoes and my new pretty black pair as my "fancy Chacos."  And then, 2 days before the wedding, the dumb dog ate one of the black ones too!!!  I about blew a fuse!  I was heartbroken, but then one of my mothers-in-law called me the morning of the wedding while I was getting my nails done.  She had taken my husband to REI to try on Chacos because the same dog ate his Tevas and I had convinced him to try Chacos instead.  She wanted to know what size I wear and she bought me my third pair and stuck them in his suitcase for the honeymoon.  So now I have 3 pair!  XD

The wedding presents  ;)

Beyond that, I only have 2 pairs of flats that I like (most pinch my Achilles tendon), but I wear them all the time.

I wear running shoes and my old racing flats a lot actually.  They're super cute and it's kind of a fun reminder of when I used to actually be able to run  XD

I have a cute pair of boots that I wear all the time in the fall/winter/spring.

And I love my high heels.  I just got a super cute pair and I can't wait for spring to come along so I can wear them!  I have a couple dresses that will look great with them  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 01:53:28 PM »
Ooooh Zenna, I love those!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 02:30:45 PM »
Zenna, I LOVE Chacos!  I think I spent the second half of my college experience in them.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »
Boots!  But only if they are horse riding boots :)

I've got to try chacos, I have heard by many people that they are really comfortable.
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 03:06:03 PM »
As someone who just today went on an 8.5 mile walk (to commemorate one year of being a pedometer owner), I vastly prefer walking shoes. My boots are old and getting worn out, and walking long distances makes for hurty feet. Shorter distances are okay. I need new boots!

Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 03:32:15 PM »
I would love to try chacos. They look comfy and nice!
I'm a bit wary of shoe recommendations though. When the whole world was all about crocs I couldn't stand those things. They were so uncomfortable and hurt to walk around in.. even left bruises on the tops of my feet.

I love sneakers. I just got new pair for christmas but I'm mostly saving them for summer. I don't want to mess them up in the yucky winter weather. I have a hard time picking out sneakers because I do not have a big arch in my foot and that stupid built in arch support thing on the side of sneakers hurts. It's in almost all of the ones I tried on which is pretty frustrating. My mom kept making fun of me saying the only options I have are skate shoes and converse! Those are just not my style.
I love boots too so I wear either sneakers or boots depending on what looks best with my outfit, and in the summer I add flip flops to my shoe choices.

I can't wear heels at all. I'd fall and break my ankle! Flats are ok I just don't have any at the moment. I don't get dressed up too often. I have a pair of "nice" boots with a small heel that I wear on occasion.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
I would give up every shoe I own to keep my Chacos  :)  I recommend them to EVERYONE!  The initial cost is expensive, but I wore mine (and when I say wore, I mean I worn them rafting, tromped through mountains, rivers, mud puddles, rocks, my college campus, Vegas, Italy, and Disney World in them) for 3 years and they were still in great shape until the devil dachshund ate them, lol.  The soles still look brand new and they just needed to be restrung, which wasn't expensive at all.  They're actually made of the same material as a firefighter's boots and totally indestructible.  Even my stubborn husband, who thought that his Tevas were the best, fell in love with his Chacos from the moment that they hit his feet  :D

--> www.chacos.com <--

And the best part is that you can just hose them off (or stick your feet in a river) when they're dirty!  Mine are actually green, I know they look totally brown from mud in the pics  XD  When they're REALLY bad, I'll wear them in the shower lol.

Sorry, I'll end my raving  :P  One thing you will notice is that people who love their Chacos LOVE their Chacos!  XD

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »
I'm a high-heel girl.  I wear them probably two out of three days.  I'm a weirdo, heels tend to cause me fewer foot problems than most flats (I get blisters from most shoes).  I love how they make me look, so it's win-win!

I wear boots or mayjane-type flats on the days I don't wear heels.  I also were waders in the field (the boots that are also overalls).  You're all jealous, I know. ;)

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 11:14:25 PM »
I wear black 10" steel toe work boots everywhere I go. I wear 'em to casual outings, formal outings, though I give 'em a shine before a formal night out. It's very male of me, but I like wearing boots. I've been wearing boots for so long that shoes feel weird. I'm so accustomed to going out with my feet feeling like they're well armoured that the contrary is weird.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 12:37:44 AM »
Sneakers are usually what I wear... I don't own enough boots to appreciate. Flats give me blisters due to my narrow feet, while my heels just don't fit me (lower size was too tight, bigger size was too big!)

Offline Matcha

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 12:52:39 AM »
All I wear are sneakers and the occasional flip-flop. I probably have like... five pairs of shoes in total.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 05:25:06 AM »
I live in dolly shoes! I am really tall so even a small heel and I start to tower over people....my dollys are smart and come in every colour combo you can imagine, some are fancy, some are not so fancy...but they all keep me at a nice "above average" height....so I am happy
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 07:08:36 AM »
Sneakers gal here.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal