collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mimic is gaining a lot of attention, does this mean the poneconomy is back up?  (Read 6085 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
I've been watching Mimic on ebay recently, athough I don't currently have the funds, I would like to one day own her. In the last few seconds, a Mimic with some dents on her body and smudging to her symbols has gone from £66 to £110! Mimic is absolutely beautiful but she does have some dents, so I am wondering how her price check compares to this? I am really really confused, how is she gaining so much attention? Oh and thank you to people who have helped me about £77.00 Buttons! Please help me out :D
Does this mean our pone-conomy is back to a safe place so that sellers can once again get a reasonable price for their ponies? I know I've sold things and got so little for them adn kicked myself about it afterwards!
Any thoughts on this? :)
xxx
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:07:48 AM by Icecrystalline »

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: OK, so I thought £77 Buttons was a lot, Mimic with flaws £110?? :O
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:57:39 AM »
Wow again that's high! But as someone said FIM has seen a lot of new collectors so they're in demand!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: OK, so I thought £77 Buttons was a lot, Mimic with some flaws £110?? :O
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »
I would just say what I mentioned on your other post...she is "worth" what someone is willing to pay

I paid £70 for my Mimic about 3 years ago [a lot even then but I really wanted her]...maybe pony prices are recovering [we can all hope lol!]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: OK, so I thought £77 Buttons was a lot, Mimic with some flaws £110?? :O
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:02:39 AM »
Agreed, I totally overspent on my Wave Jumper and Sand Dollar, what I paid was eye watering. I really hope this means our poneconomy is back up, it would be great news to those of us who plan to sell off our collections! :)

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
i paid $90 for my mimic, she's in excellent condition though.
i think part of it has to do with her high price, people see the high dollar amount and want her that much more because she's valuable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
I think $90 is a good price for Mimic, I would be very happy to pay that (If I had the money and if mum would let me LOL) I never used to like her, but I fell for her parrot and colours. She's just too pretty! xxx

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
LOL i hear ya!!!! i told my mom i did a partial trade for her, so she wouldn't be so mad at me. (i was a little late paying car insurance)

at first i told myself i didn't like her (mostly because of her price tag)
but then i got a parakeet and named her Mimic because it just fit, and then i HAD to get one. and barnacle got here, and he needed mimic here so they could get married. so the way i see it, i had to buy her or barnacle would have depression and we don't want our ponies to be sad >_> though i doubt my mom would see it that way. LOL.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
lots of new collectors due to the show, whenever they come out with a remake or a new something it makes people want to collect the older things also, and it brings alot of old collectors back into it,(it is like whoa! I had forgotten all about my little pony! i loved it as a kid! i think i will look my old ponies up and see what they are worth-omg! I cant believe i sold her for .10 cents at my yard sell 20 years ago!!!)  I know the new FIM brought me back into mlp after being out of it for a decade or so.
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Haha awesome way to do it! I've offered trades but no-one is interested sadly! I have some money but it is for my driving lessons- my mum would actually murdered me if I tried to spend it again! Aww I think Barnacle and Mimic are super cute together! my pony couple that I own are Cascade and Salty, I got them in a bundle the other day and they need some love! If I got Mimic, I think I would match her with either Barnacle or Salty, not sure who yet but they are both bachelors!

Post Merge: February 18, 2012, 06:40:00 AM

Bigmlpfan: Yes I can see that now you mention it, my love started from seeing abandoned ponies at car boots really! I know what you mean though! There are so many new collectors! It's great having a bigger community :)

Post Merge: February 18, 2012, 06:41:04 AM

Just an update: Buttons is now at £91.99!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:41:04 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
I paid $80 for mine. That's the most I was willing to pay, and she was in NM condition.

I got into collecting because of FiM, sort of the same situation that bigmlpfan brought up. I loved ponies in the 80's, but for the most part forgot about them until they were popular. But the only reason why I wanted to spend so much on mine was because she was a childhood favorite. If she wasn't, I wouldn't have bought her because of the price, even though she is a really pretty pony!

I think that with more people in the community buying... that brings in more demand, more people willing to buy. I'm not so sure about selling though, because initially, a new collector buys them up but isn't willing to part with them until a) they get duplicates b) they start buying lots and sell the ones that they don't want. But at least there are more buyers.

Sadly though, most people who are into FiM do not really get into the older gens, unless they liked them as a child, or they really just want to get the mane 6 G1 and G3 versions. Sometimes they do get into collecting for other reasons though. Ponies grow on you like nobody's business! I have one friend who LOVED her ponies growing up, loves FiM... but really doesn't like G1s at all. While I'm really fond of both!

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
It may not be so much the economy is up but that people are getting their tax refunds.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Dragonlady! You are fantastic! Of course! It's tax return season! Im 17 so I had no idea! Thank you! xxx

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
It may not be so much the economy is up but that people are getting their tax refunds.
Exactly. I know when mine hit the bank I caught myself up on G4s xD

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Plus just like any other market things fluctuate.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Wow! $175 seems like a lot. I'm so glad I got her for $8! She is pretty!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal