collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I have hundreds of Ponies to sell...How do I DO this????  (Read 9815 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: I have hundreds of Ponies to sell...How do I DO this????
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »
I agree with taking lot pictures and then listing the ponies by name. That way, you can list them all and not have to do it individually, unless of course someone asks for a specific image of a pony they are interested in.
Also, if you happen to have a Port-o-Bella, I'd be all over that! Been looking for a loose one for what seems like forever.  :D

Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 12:11:18 PM »
If you're not in a hurry there will be the WI pony meet that you could bring the ponies too. We haven't started organizing yet for this year but it's generally in like June, July or August and not sure on location but hey, you could always offer your place if you don't want to travel with your ponies! I will say that G3 ponies generally don't sell that well at pony meets unless you can confirm beforehand that someone wanting G3 ponies will be in attendance.

Otherwise if you need to start selling soon I would recommend using a Facebook album to load pictures of your ponies on. Even if you don't have a FB account it would be worth it to use their albums. They are much easier and faster than Photobucket, easy to move the photos, add and edit information under each picture, etc, etc.

For G1 pricing you can search ponies here to get a good idea of average value:
http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/PRICE/

I would just do groups of ponies, like either start at Year 1 and work your way through or do sets like all the TE ponies you have or SS ponies. Don't try to do it all at once 'cause you'll get overwhelmed.

G3 they are not the most profitable so I would recommend not spending as much time on those, maybe take group shots of like 9 ponies each (3x3) and then do any additional photos or descriptions as you have interest in them. Or even just throw some groups on eBay. For a quick scan to see if you have any of the more rare or exclusive G3 ponies here is a great page to use: http://www.strawberryreef.com/Topics/rare.html
Otherwise the average value of a G3 is about $3 each.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 12:14:57 PM »
If you're not in a hurry there will be the WI pony meet that you could bring the ponies too. We haven't started organizing yet for this year but it's generally in like June, July or August and not sure on location but hey, you could always offer your place if you don't want to travel with your ponies! I will say that G3 ponies generally don't sell that well at pony meets unless you can confirm beforehand that someone wanting G3 ponies will be in attendance.

Otherwise if you need to start selling soon I would recommend using a Facebook album to load pictures of your ponies on. Even if you don't have a FB account it would be worth it to use their albums. They are much easier and faster than Photobucket, easy to move the photos, add and edit information under each picture, etc, etc.

For G1 pricing you can search ponies here to get a good idea of average value:
http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/PRICE/

I would just do groups of ponies, like either start at Year 1 and work your way through or do sets like all the TE ponies you have or SS ponies. Don't try to do it all at once 'cause you'll get overwhelmed.

G3 they are not the most profitable so I would recommend not spending as much time on those, maybe take group shots of like 9 ponies each (3x3) and then do any additional photos or descriptions as you have interest in them. Or even just throw some groups on eBay. For a quick scan to see if you have any of the more rare or exclusive G3 ponies here is a great page to use: http://www.strawberryreef.com/Topics/rare.html
Otherwise the average value of a G3 is about $3 each.

Holy crap! I wanna go to a Pony Meet! I am SO all over that.  My place might not be the best to do it, BUT we do have a park just down the road from me where they have gazebos you can reserve (not sure if it costs anything). Literally it's 5 minutes from my house. Do you guys pick different places to have it every year? Where do you guys usually have it? How many people usually come? Can you send me more info on that please?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:17:21 PM by MidnightFireflies »

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
We are having a pony meet in Minneapolis MN as well. No dates set in stone but people were thinking of Labor day weekend. Do not know if you would be interested in that as well.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 12:41:15 PM »
The G3 market is terrible right now...you would be much better selling them in lots [except for rares] I would think as other wise you could be doing a lot of work for very little return...

For the others I would say list in batches - maybe 20 to 30 auctions...let them run...then list another batch. If you list hundreds all at once you risk spending all your time answering questions and taking more pictures...

And as Rel has said...I would recommend ebay over here. While its nice to stay in the community for ease of sales, for better awareness ebay is always going to win out...

Just my thoughts...

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »
My g3 list is very short (finally!!!) and I would really like to complete it, so if you have anyone on my list (out of her packaging) and have decent prices it's pretty much a guaranteed sale.... lemme know :D

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »

Holy crap! I wanna go to a Pony Meet! I am SO all over that.  My place might not be the best to do it, BUT we do have a park just down the road from me where they have gazebos you can reserve (not sure if it costs anything). Literally it's 5 minutes from my house. Do you guys pick different places to have it every year? Where do you guys usually have it? How many people usually come? Can you send me more info on that please?

The last few pony meets have been at member's houses ^-^ Milwaukee is closer to me than a few of our past meets. I usually don't mind the drive though, it's fun to go up north sometimes and go places I've never even heard of before.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 04:14:26 PM »
Add me to the list of folk who'd be interested in G3s  :biggrin:

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 04:32:44 PM »
I might be interested in some G3!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 04:38:03 PM »
Seeing as how so many people are interested in G3's here, I will post a list within the next few days and you guys can just pick whatever you are all interested in =)  Can I post the list in this thread or do I have to do it in the for sale/auctions catagory?

p.s. I have TONS of + feedback on the TP (same name there) and Ebay. Here's my ebay link to check:

http://myworld.ebay.com/ayla827
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:39:52 PM by MidnightFireflies »

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »
You'll prolly need to do an official sales thread in the sales forum to make it easier.  If you put your list here the mods will probably move this thread over there. ;)

Another trick that has served me well in the past for unloading G3's is to put 4-5 common ones and one rarer one in a lot and eBay it. Then people will bid in order to get the rare one and they have to take em all! XD

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
You can start posting by sets / by year.

I know I'll be happy to complete some ponies that way =D

Also by color or pose.  Or by pony if multiple times released o.o

Good luck with your sales =D

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 10:12:55 AM »
Me and mlp4me also live in WI. We live in the Green Bay area. I'm definately saving money to go to this year's pony meet. I've even thought of offering my apartment but I don't know how big the meets get.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
I would also suggest that you start with the ponies you like the least.  That gives you more time as you are selling to hold on to your favorites and decide whether you really want to part with them.  Nothing worse than seller's regret.  It's much worse than buyer's remorse.

Also, if you aren't selling because you need money now.  You might pack up those G3's and just hold them in storage for a while.  Maybe you will decide you still want them later or maybe the prices will be better in a couple of years.  I predict we will have a lot more G3 lovers in a few years when all of those who were kids during the 2000's get old enough to both have money and be feeling nostalgic.  But that's just my opinion.  This comes from someone who saw G2's in the stores as a teenager and thought "ugh" because they weren't like my precious G1's.  And now there are lots of collectors who are adults (!) who love G2 because those where *they're* favorite toys as a child.

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »
I kinda have picked through my favorites...lol such as *GASP* Beach Belle and Caribbean Delight. Those gals are coming WITH ME! I'm gonna start with color. I'm starting with WHITE this afternoon. I will post when I have the list up, right now the dishes are eating all of my counter space and laughing at me so I need to teach them who's boss atm. 

Somebody post the next color I should go through please! First Poster to select a color will be the next color I tackle!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal