collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollymix are still around!  (Read 13401 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Dollymix are still around!
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2012, 11:27:19 AM »
Hm, maybe I'll order some myself if someone in the UK would be willing to be my middle man. Like I said, I don't care which ones I get and if I get duplicates - I just want more! Thanks for all the info Hathor.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »
Thanks, Lyra, and everyone else for the info.  I just sent a message asking them if the ship internationally and how much it is if they do.  I'll let you all know what I find out.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2012, 01:34:57 PM »
No worries! As mentioned...I am more than happy to be a middle man if they wont ship international for you...

And sorry Lyra...I just dont remember which came in which wave...I am sure someone else may....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2012, 11:12:20 AM »
Ok, so I got a reply back from the Little Factory.  They do ship international.  You must order at least one box of 10 packs and it costs roughly $14 USD if I did the conversion correctly (10.50 in pounds?)  A box of 10 cost 19.90 pounds (sorry I can't find the little symbol, please correct me if I have the currancy wrong.)  So that would be $26 no including whatever tax there is.

Which brings the total of buying one box and shipping it to the US (not including tax) would be $40.  Divided by ten that would work out to roughly $4 for a single pack.

I replied to the email and asked if there would be discounts on shipping for ordering multiple boxes.  If it saves a considerable amount of money to order in bulk, I wonder if anyone else would be interested going in together to order several boxes?

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »
Absolutely! About $4 per pack is I think what I paid when going through a UK member last time, but if it ends up being cheaper for more boxes, I would definitely be interested in going in on an order. I want at least 1 box, maybe 2 :)

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »
No worries! As mentioned...I am more than happy to be a middle man if they wont ship international for you...

And sorry Lyra...I just dont remember which came in which wave...I am sure someone else may....

Thanks anyway ^^; oh and sorry if I jumped in on the question about the website!! I just looked it up for the first time after reading this thread (it had never occured to me to look up the company name on the packet, d'oh)

Even its a little more expensive per packet (nearly £2 a to £1.50, and the costs of mail) As the bags are random and I end up with doubles buying them here n' there in store, it really works out cheaper in the end, even for people living in the UK to get them in bulk like this (on the assumption that every packet in the box is different)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:37:08 AM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »
I found the dates weren't a good way of telling as time went on, as both waves ended up with the same dates! I've only ever found first wave in Tesco Forecourts, but have found both in Asda and Morrisons. I prefer getting them from Morrisons, as they're easier to locate! And are still in the boxes.

Let's see if I can remember each wave.

Wave 1: Firefly, Mainsail, Minty, Blossom, Lickety Split, Heart Throb, Lemondrop, Powder, Tic Tac Toe, Glory
Wave 2: Snuzzle, Bluebelle, Princess Sparkle, Sundance, Medley, Applejack, Cotton Candy, Cherries Jubilee, Shady, Gusty
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
After I realised you couldnt tell packets apart and I ended up with so many doubles when trying to help people out I stopped collecting....I didnt realise LadyG that that all started to blend together by date after a while...dang, so much for that theory...

The company didnt used to be as accommodating - last time I am sure Chrissytree had to commit to a minimum order and that she had to send payment by a method other than paypal...its pretty cool that they will sell single boxes now and great they will ship international!

However, shipping international seems a little steep...I just sent 16 blind bags to the US for £3.50 because once they were unbagged and well protected in padded envelope they came in under 200gm...however I guess the £9 they are charging you will be because they ll be sending them in their bags, with sweets and in their big box which is probably about right for that! I hope you guys manage to track down what you are looking for!

PS - @Lyra - we are all here to help one another - its so cool!
Loa is my love god!

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »
Yes, hathorcat, thank you for the offer.  I meant to say that in the last post and just got distracted.  :biggrin:

I guess I should have also asked about wave 1 and wave 2 info.  I guess I can send another email when I get home.  I just don't have access to my home email at work.

As far as being cheaper or not to buy them individually from ebay/another collector, well, I don't have any at the moment and this would be an easy way to get 10 at least without having to buy a few here and a few there.  Plus, it does seem that they are going for about $4-5 a piece *before* shipping.  At least the ones I've seen.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »
Plus... >.> I really like dolly mix. So if I can get the sweets too, I don't mind paying :P

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2012, 08:23:18 PM »
I would be interested!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »
I got my first two dollymix ponies today...gee they are tiny and cute...I got heart throb and blue belle...I have more on the way to me. Im looking for the folling so if anyone has the following hit me a up with a PM,thanks
Wave 1:  Mainsail, Minty, Blossom, Lemondrop, Powder, Tic Tac Toe, Glory, Snuzzle, Princess Sparkle, Cotton Candy, Cherries Jubilee, Shady, Gusty

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2012, 10:27:26 AM »
So here is the response I got to my most recent emails.

Thank you for your enquiries.

It's difficult for me to give a delivery cost quote unless I know how many
boxes I would be sending.
Once I know the number of boxes, I would be able to find out the best rate
for delivery and give the quote to you.

With regards to the contents of the packets in the boxes, all our products
are packed randomly, so a selection in a box should have a varied selection
of characters. This may result in there being more than one of the same
character in a box of ten, or all different characters. I cannot guarantee
you would collect all the characters of eg. Teeny My Little Pony if you
bought 2 boxes, just as I cannot guarantee which character would be in each
individual packet.

I hope this answers your questions!

So, I intend to buy one box for myself, mostly just for the fun of it.  If I get multiples of the ponies, well then, I'll have something to trade with.  If anyone is still interested and would like to see how much the shipping is if they were all sent together, I'll ask her for a quote.  But I will need a specific number of boxes to tell her.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2012, 01:07:34 PM »
I will admit that when I purchased them in batches of 10 in the past...most of the time I tended to get at least 10 different ones [with maybe just one double and one missing]...hence why we were talking about them in waves...but maybe they have changed how they go about the boxing of them now...

Loa is my love god!

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2012, 01:17:16 PM »
Hmmm I'm not sure I'd want a whole box. I really only want firefly. If anyone gets a double or doesn't want their firefly, shoot me a pm. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal