collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What should I do with my manktastic Bubblefish?

Give her to someone who has the skills and desire to restore her
Bait and completely customise her!
Restore/customise her, keeping the customisation as minimal and close to orignal as possible
Enlist the help of someone to help remake a replacement pocket for her

Author Topic: Baiting Bubblefish  (Read 968 times)

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Baiting Bubblefish
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:03:58 PM »
So I generally don't like baiting or customising G1s. I think there are exceptions - bad cancer and regrind etc on common ponies...well, I can understand that. But I have to admit, I wince a little when I see people baiting Big Brothers and stuff, unless they're in really, really bad shape.

Anyway, I have a pretty dire Bubblefish that I got in a 'bait' lot. She has scratches, glitterglue, stains, missing mane plugs, no pocket, bad pindot, etc. The only things she has going for her are that she has no cancer, no regrind and no actual body damage, beyong what's on the surface.
 My thoughts are that I, personally, couldn't completely restore her - firstly, I don't sculpt, which would be needed to remake her pocket.

So, what should I do?

If there's anyone who would genuinely be interested in restoring her, then I'd be more than happy to give her away.
 If not, I could either completely customize her, or give her a re-customisation - customise her, but try and keep it close to her original looks. Or I could try and enlist the help of someone to sculpt a pocket for her, but it seems like an awful lot of time and effort for two people to restore a non rare/HTF pony.

I'm currently leaning towards re-custom. What do you all think?
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Baiting Bubblefish
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »
I would be interested to see a revamp here.  The same general theme and feeling of bubblefish but customized to be a little more personal to you or have a more modern take, etc.  Good luck!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline DevlishSmooch

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:00:02 PM »
I would be interested to see a revamp here.  The same general theme and feeling of bubblefish but customized to be a little more personal to you or have a more modern take, etc.  Good luck!

I second this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Customs   WANTED: Non-discolored MO Scribbles (an even, creamy white would do)/MOC Bubbles!     DS Ref Sheet

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:51:49 PM »

I second this.

I third it!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »
Omg, I am totally doing the same thing with a bunny hop at the moment! Can't wait to see what you do with yours, as I'm reasonably certain as this is my first ever batch of customs, and as I started 5 at once, you'll be done first  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal