collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone else think those pullip dolls..  (Read 8867 times)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else think those pullip dolls..
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 12:44:12 AM »
Dals just look cranky all the time! Haha which I didn't like at first but yeah I think it's cute now.

Blythes are just.... stare-into-your-soul creepy! Their heads remind me of awkwardly grown-up versions of creepy old baby dolls.

Now I don't even remember exactly what it was that freaked me out about pullips. I think their eye size was just unsettling since I was used to drooling over more realistic dolls.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 01:25:25 AM »
I just had a look at Blythes. I was expecting them to be a lot different but they look like Pullips with creepier eyes. Ahh!
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 02:27:20 AM »
How can you not love something this cute  :lovey:

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 06:35:38 AM »
I'll admit that Princi and Noir are slightly creepy (in an AWESOME way, I think!) But I think most pullips are adorable.  Blythes can be creepy. I think it's bc their face and eyes are so round and their heads are oddly flatter from the side. I have an Enchanted Petal but I couldnt get into them like pullips. 
I'm creeped out by the large BJDs. I don't think I could ever own a doll bigger than a pullip tho the smaller BJDS and animal ones are cute.
I have about 40 pullips all mostly on the same shelving unit. I do wonder how many vistors get freaked out by them!  :lol:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 06:43:09 AM »
There's a very good reason why I will never own one.  It's less that they look creepy, and more that if one tumbled off my shelf or was played with by a child, that Pullips break very easily.  I would be infuriated if I spent $200 on a "play doll" and it broke because it hit the floor. 

This is why I collect Barbie - type dolls, and American Girl dolls.  They can withstand being thrown across the room and not suffer!  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LilSpark

• Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »
I have about 40 pullips all mostly on the same shelving unit. I do wonder how many vistors get freaked out by them!  :lol:

I have 17 so far and they sit on a high shelf next to my bed all together. Everytime my best friend (a guy) comes over and sleeps here he is scared of them and shocked when he sees that I have gotten a few more since the last time  :lol:

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 07:57:26 AM »

I have 17 so far and they sit on a high shelf next to my bed all together. Everytime my best friend (a guy) comes over and sleeps here he is scared of them and shocked when he sees that I have gotten a few more since the last time  :lol:

muhaha!
NO ONE can find PAJA creepy, right?

Offline LilSpark

• Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 08:11:16 AM »
Look at her SCARY GREEN EYES  :yikes:

:P

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 08:54:27 AM »
There is something a little bit unnerving about them. I do think Fanatica is pretty, though  :) .

Blythes and Byuls on the other hand... nooooooooooooooo way. They look a little too evil for me.

Blitzn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »
For the most part, I don't think Pullips are creepy. Principessa and Noir are like intended to be creepy, but I think that's what people want hence their high price. Many types of dolls can be creepy, intentionally or not...but their just things.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:34:39 AM by LilSpark »

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 10:00:40 AM »
I like Pullips and own a handful of them myself, but I can totally understand why some people would think that they're creepy. I think it has a lot to do with their eyes, it seems to put them into the "uncanny valley effect" category. It's the same reason I personally find many baby dolls or BJD's a bit creepy at times.

My boyfriend is actually very unsettled by the Pullips and told me that he was happy when I stopped buying more of them, lol. The first time I got one he walked into the bedroom and jumped when he saw it sitting on the dresser. They're not out at the moment, but when they were, I noticed that he kept turning their heads away from the bed at night because they were on an adjacent shelf and he said they gave him the creeps.

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »
They totally used to creep me out! I really didn't like the at first, but lately they grew on me.... Ack.

ETA: Dals even grew on me! They took longer, but they did. Blythes however I really get creeped out by! I also don't find them pretty at all, just personally. Their eyes are evil  :blink:

Lol I was the same way, it took longer, but Dals grew on me too (Hanaayame's on my want list.)  I still think she always looks too serious, tho.  Byuls, tho...they look kinda like angry toads XD

Edit: ok, sorry, ms byul, I took a quick look, and not ALL of you look like an angry toad...only some of you XD

Byuls remind me of surprised/scared lil bulldogs w their jowls. I have Cocotte but I agree she does have a quirky face.

Offline LilSpark

• Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »
My boyfriend is actually very unsettled by the Pullips and told me that he was happy when I stopped buying more of them, lol. The first time I got one he walked into the bedroom and jumped when he saw it sitting on the dresser. They're not out at the moment, but when they were, I noticed that he kept turning their heads away from the bed at night because they were on an adjacent shelf and he said they gave him the creeps.

That is too cute^^

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 10:58:07 AM »
Pullips and other dolls with large heads and tiny bodies do look odd with their unnatural proportions. I can completely understand being unnerved or scared by them. I don't personally feel that way, even about Blythe, but I don't think it's irrational to feel that way~

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 12:38:18 PM »
My mom asked me to leave Elizabeth (she's a vampire Pullip) in her box because she swears she's going to come alive and kill us in our sleep.  :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal