collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OH MY GOD THEY DID IT!!!!!!! New toys, and white Celestia!  (Read 9765 times)

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: OH MY GOD THEY DID IT!!!!!!! New toys, and white Celestia!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »
They look pretty neat :)  nice to see some fan favorites there  definately getting nightmare moon, she looks great!

although i really wish they didnt look so goofy lol.  the unicorn mols faces bug the heck outta me :P   I might get dj, and zecora just because they are neat (just wish they looked a little nicer face wise but thats cause im insanely picky) 

and wow lancer, my best advice is to ignore those people!  they are obviously trolls, and just not nice in general.  who has the time to harrass people like that?  yeesh.   I know quite a few awesome FUN bronies (a lot of guy friends i accidentlly led to the herd!)   So please dont let the psychos get you down :) *hug*     there are idiots in every fan base.   
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

BabyRainbou

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »
I do have a question though and I hope someone can explain it to me (don't judge, lol I just started collecting again after a few years off and collect both G1 and G4 and whatever else I find ). Just what is a brony and why is there so much arguing between bronies and collectors? I just don't get it

Well, bronies are self named fans of the Friendship is Magic show, generally men in their twenties. Some of them are... not so kid-friendly, or previous generation-friendly, and they're pretty vocal about things, so Hasbro notices them.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »
I'm a little upset the collecting community didn't get the news first

This, a little, and that the people who are being rude and pushy will continue to be that way because now it will seem to them that they can get their way  >_<   Though really there are probably a lot of people in this comm. that watch EqD (I check on it for toy news and new episode info.) so of course collectors still get the info.

ANYWAY,
it's super exciting to see new toys!  :cheer:
Glow in the dark Zecora and DJ Pon-3 look cool. I bet they'll come with some really neat accessories! The blue uni (Trixie/Lulamoon?) is really pretty, and is that Flower Wishes I see in the back?!  :happy:
I know tons of people will be happy about the yellow uni and Nightmare Moon, that's pretty awesome!

I'm one who was never really upset about Celestia being pink, but it's definitely interesting to see her in white now. (Still not sure if I'd want a talking one, I never did get the pink one and now this ver. won't match my other Celestias  :huh: . I wonder if they will make other versions in white after this.)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:50:22 PM by 3377345 »

Offline babymoondust

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »
Just to ensure this one stays on-topic, I started this thread for the brony / collector divide shtick - http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,287023.0.html

[EDIT] - Thread was deleted, despite the fact that this topic is still annoyingly cropping up in just about every thread about any new content. Meh.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:57:30 PM by babymoondust »

Offline Everlyn

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
Zecora! I think she was the pony I wanted as a toy most. Glow in the dark is a little odd, but hey.

Can we have a normal sized white Celestia, though?

While I collect all gens, I have to put some hearty agreement with Lancer - I was just thinking similar thoughts myself. Like, you know, it took how long before Hasbro had involvement in the Pony Fair? Dunno, sucks, a little, and you can't help bit feel a little snubbed, being a collector. (I do and I haven't been collecting half as long as many people here!)

That doesn't mean I can't be really happy with G4s, but it just makes me a little sad it took the new fanbase to make any changes, is all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Terra and YLH!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »
Mixed feelings.

I do want to get them. White Celestia looks great.

But i do hope Hasbro will not start listening too much too bronies. If that happends there will be no more brushable manes and no more characters that have not appeared in the show. While i love the show, i feel character design is lacking. Simple and often copy pasted cutie marks, no more multicolored manes and male ponies with limited color options are not something i look forward to.
Also makes me sad that Hasbro seems to have forgotten about older fans. And because most bronies seem to dislike older generations..i wonder if that means we won't be seeing much based on older generations again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »
Mixed feelings.

But i do hope Hasbro will not start listening too much too bronies. If that happends there will be no more brushable manes and no more characters that have not appeared in the show. While i love the show, i feel character design is lacking. Simple and often copy pasted cutie marks, no more multicolored manes and male ponies with limited color options are not something i look forward to.
Also makes me sad that Hasbro seems to have forgotten about older fans. And because most bronies seem to dislike older generations..i wonder if that means we won't be seeing much based on older generations again.

This echoes my thoughts completely...I love Zecora....a non pony pony....shes like Zig Zags great great granddaughter!

I love the fact we will be getting new character brushables - whether they be reflective of the show or new  characters....but I do hope this isnt an indication that everything is going to be show related/show sourced....I prefer Honeybuzz, Star Swirl and Diamond Rose over the monotone background ponies that we see in FiM...

And I will join the "nose out of joint" group with feeling that after years of begging we were politely ignored for even silly things like "what only seven characters???" core 7 debacle...but apparently being loud and agressive and [from what I understand] largely not actually buying the toys that hasbro make there money from...you get things...*shoulder shrug* 

Now if HB keep the Comic Con and Fair Ponies G3 and if we maybe get more G1, 2 or 3 nods in the other brushables I ll go with the fact they are trying to keep all fan bases happy...

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 01:42:18 PM »
I really do not understand the fascination or obsession with Trixie, if anything I thought she'd be the last pony to be considered in the G4 line (despite her pretty design) but alas that is another direct influence by the bronies. Glad to see Princess Celestia white, an accurate Nightmare moon and a Glow in the Dark Zecora, how exciting and fun! However I extremely dislike that Vinyl Scratch is officially known now by Hasbro as DJ Pon-3 because it's a stupid name imo, and she wasn't a prominent character in the show whatsoever. It is hard to deny that Hasbro seems to be directly catering to the brony fanbase, though perhaps we should view this as a tool to be utilized, afterall we do want many of the same things. To be elitist and say that we deserve to be the voice of MLP is unjust however...I understand and feel the sting, have we not been the most loyal of fans? Still, it's our continued support along with the bronies that allows MLP to thrive thus securing the future of MLP for everyone. I look forward to seeing more characters from the show brought to "life" and can't wait to get my hands on that Nightmare Moon!
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »
I really like zecora and the blue unicorn who is apparently trixie?
I think the white colour is an improvement, but I don't like the massive talking flappy fabric-wing Celestia, will wait for castle friends sized release.

Mixed feelings.

I think Hasbro ARE catering to older fans as opposed to the...scary g3.5 thing we had before g4! XD The toys aren't quite as good as g1 and g3 but...there has been an improvement since g3.5 and Ihope it keeps going that way. They keep putting stuff into the show based on older generations (applejack, twilight, recently cherries jubilee) also everything we saw in G1 was new and original...so I don't mind if newer generations do a lot of new and original ponies
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
Like I said before, I really wonder if Hasbro is even aware that there are collectors and bronies, as opposed to just adult fans. Maybe they're listening because newer fans are louder, or maybe they're listening because there's more fans overall. I don't consider myself a brony at all, but I'm still excited about these. I wish Hasbro would have listened sooner, but what I personally wanted is essentially the same as what newer fans wanted.

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 01:55:53 PM »
These are exciting, and I'll prolly get a few of them, esp. Zecora! But what I don't get is why they're making stuff like Shining Armor when they could be making some serious money doing add-ons to existing sets and pleasing fans at the same time... for a major example, we've got Sweet Apple Acres barn, a farm truck (kinda silly looking, not characteristic of AJ but whatever), and several versions of AJ now... but what we DON'T have is a set with Big MacIntosh and Granny Smith!! NEED!

*taps microphone* Is this thing on? I don't think this thing is on...

So rather than bring to life all these minor random characters like DJ, why don't we do the ones everyone loves like the Apple family or even someone with more personality, like Sapphire Shores and a big stage for her to sing on and wear Rarity's sparkly outfits?

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~Art~
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »
Wow!  Hasbro made a villain into a toy for the first time in MLP's 30-year history!  That is incredible!!

And don't be hatin' on the bronies!  Bronies and old-school collectors have much in common.  Not least of which is that we want show-accurate toys.  I think the reason that bronies have successfully moved Hasbro to action is not because they screamed louder than collectors, but because their very numbers and output dwarfs that of the traditional adult collector demographic.  There are tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of bronies worldwide, and the numbers just continue to grow.  Us collectors number in, what, perhaps a few thousand?
And bronies are incredibly prolific in showing their passion for the show - the quality and volume of fanworks is astounding.  Fanart, comics, music, fanfics, customs, plushies, PMVs, original animation - it's mind-blowing how much media is produced as a response to this show.  After months of continued, never-waning passion for the series, of course Hasbro is gonna sit up and take notice of this demographic, and assess them as a potential market.  I'm so happy they finally responded with some of the "most-wanted" merchandise, e.g. a white Celestia.

I really hope they produce enough toys to meet demand - I'm sure many a Toys R Us store is going to be swamped come autumn.  LOL!  And lets also hope that these toys sell well enough to encourage more "waves" of fan favorites made into official figurines.  I haven't been this excited for upcoming MLP merchandise in a very long time!  :D

This, this, this! They are passionate and that isn’t something that people should get mad about. That passion has inspired them to throw great charity drives (Not to mention the big thank you package they put together for MLP staff) and that deserves something. Yes there are some bad apples but judging them all based on that is not only rude but completely hypocritical from a community I thought was so loving. Honestly, I've seen more self entitled whining from the “true collectors” on these boards than I’ve ever seen from a brony and I think it has a lot to do with jealousy so people need to give them a break.

On a side note. Why doesn’t Celestia have molded wings like Cadence?
~Originally Soull~

Offline babymoondust

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »
I am sure Hasbro, like any other company, listen to the CASH, rather than being an over-sensitive group of people who are able to simply be "bullied" into manufacturing products against what they deem profitable. I think it's safe to say they know what they're doing with this.

Many of the bronies I've seen on various forums, plus YouTube, (actually the majority of MLP unboxing videos I've come across - whereby someone unboxes and reviews purchases - are usually done by bronies who buy an absolute tonload of MLP merch), there are many, many bronies who try to get their hands on as much MLP stuff as possible.

I am positive that previous collector requests from previous generations have not been turned down by Hasbro as a matter of how non-aggressive those requests have been in nature, but that surely Hasbro didn't feel they would make enough of a profit out of them. I do want to stick up for the brony community on account of how much awesome content that they make, so prolifically, of their own in response to MLP. I've never seen the likes of it. And it seems clear to me that yes, they do buy.

lovekangaroo

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »
Hasbro just can't win. they don't listen to fans and people get mad. they listen to fans and people get mad...

Dojo

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »
  All of my money. Take it.

I'm also surprised people were able to identify Trixie, kind of hard to tell with how small the image was and how her cutie mark blends in a bit!

Ugh, seriously?  This is getting a little much.  Hasbro had clearly stated that white Celestia was not on the cards.  Now they've gone back on their word, proving again that if you whine, bully and send enough hate mail, you can get what you want even if the powers that be said "no".

For years, we have asked for Sea Ponies, boys, or ANYTHING that wasn't Core Seven?  Did they listen?  No, of course not.  I guess we were too polite.

Okay, there are more "bronies" than there ever were of us.  But, from what I've seen, most of these guys do little to support Hasbro.  Many don't collect the toys, some even think the G4 toys are "UGLY OLDER GENS" because they "don't look like the cartoon".  A lot don't even get the Hub and download the show illegally from sites like Youtube.  So what possible benefit can they be to Hasbro (except maybe publicity for the MLP line...but if I were a parent and stumbled upon some of the clopfics/hate mail that come with those fans, I'd run a mile and take my pony-loving kids with me!)

Sorry for being negative, I'm glad G4 collectors, bronies and non-bronies alike, are getting some of the things they want but already I'm seeing the whiny "Where's teh :muffin: Pony and Doctor Whooooooves... *SOBS*  We can't have everything we want - Hasbro are so meeeeean!" comments popping up online.  Seriously?  You've got far more than we ever got in G3 days.

I dread to think what the next few hours and days hold for myself and my friend, who are already getting so much hate mail from self entitled bronies.  I wish Hasbro wouldn't continue to boost their egos by giving them what they want.  Hey, I know, maybe Hasbro's next trick should be to make a cute little playset out of the clopfic some sicko wrote about my persona being enslaved by her "husband" (my friend, who the self proclaimed "brony nazis" decided they despise for no reason) and my parents being killed in a horrific car crash.  After all, that should please the many "brony" fans who spread the story across the internet and drew fanart to go along with it...and that's all that matters nowadays. >.<

Once again, sorry if this offends anyone.  Feel free to delete or edit as you see fit.  I know I'm not a part of the G4 collecting community, and it's not really my place to comment in this thread anyway.  I'm just a little upset that MLP, the one thing that used to bring me so much pleasure, has become such a big source of stress.
I do apologize that there are a handful morons sending you hate mail. However, in a way you're lowering yourself to their level by how much you're generalizing. This brony fanbase has just boomed to such high  numbers. There are bound to be bad apples. Theres bound to be all kinds of different people within it too, good or bad. There is most definitely parts of the brony fandom, that I as a brony am not crazy about either.

Mixed feelings.

Now while one obviously can't underestimate bronies influence, I think you're over estimating it now. To think they would STOP making all sorts of other toys that they make is a bit silly. Except Celestia, which is pretty much getting replaced by Cadence. In favor of not having two somewhat look-a-likes and show accuracy as wated by collectors, bronies, and maybe even kids alike. ADDING stuff to sell is quite a big difference than taking stuff off the shelves.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal