collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your favorite collection - other than ponies!!  (Read 39364 times)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Re: Your favorite collection - other than ponies!!
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2012, 08:33:26 AM »
My nail polish collection. I love things that are glittery and sparkly so it's nice to be able to play with my nails as it were. =) I have a TON of polishes, no pictures yet. Someday I might have a more fancy way of storing them than photo boxes.

Offline TheFuzz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
Transformers! I'm such a Hasbro junkie...
Since I'm tight on money and I might have to sell some of my toys, I've done a lot of thinking about my collections, and Transformers would be the last to go if it came down to it. I love them even more than ponies!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2012, 08:20:59 PM »
Oh no! :(  I wanted that poster set!  I should have ordered it when I had the chance!

The Zelda 25th Anniversary posters? We should go into mourning together! We'll dress our ponies in black and write poetry about the futility of life on LiveJournal or wherever. XD

I even emailed Nintendo's customer support on the Club Nintendo website to see if they were getting more posters. But the guy who emailed me back said since it was limited edition, they didn't plan to make more, but he would "record my interest". I guess if Nintendo gets enough complaints about people who couldn't get the posters, they might bring them back, the way they did with the Ocarina of Time 3D soundtrack CD's.

Here's my recommendation if you want to buy the posters: wait till the second week of February. Nintendo is supposed to have mailed the posters out at the end of January, so people will likely start selling them online in a week or two. The people selling them on eBay right now at excessively inflated prices don't actually HAVE the posters; the descriptions all say "will ship when posters arrive". So you could buy a faulty product and not even know it, because the seller doesn't have the posters yet to know their condition either! Also, I suspect the prices on the auctions will come down a lot when people actually have the posters in hand. In December, the first batch of posters mailed out then were only selling for about $35-$45, not the $70-$90 the "pre-order" auctions for the second batch are going for right now.

And finally, the first batch of posters that were mailed out in December had a visual glitch on one of them (I'd be glad to PM you a link to an article about it), so Nintendo is mailing out replacements. I don't know if the second batch mailed in January has the glitch or not, but if the glitched poster is considered "rare" it might contribute to inflated prices, so I'd wait to see which version the future auctions are selling! Might be good to ask the seller if they don't mention it. Again, the pre-order auctions going on right now don't know which version they're getting. Me, since I don't plan to sell the posters ever, I'd rather have the fixed version, which probably won't be as valuable as the glitched one. Hope all this rambling helps you!
Don't look for me!

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »
Yes, that helps, lol!  I'd be happy with either set. :)  I have the othe set of three, but all I've done is keep them in the mailing tube in the back of my closet. XD  Hopefully, I can snag a set for cheap, or they'll add more.  Until then, me and my ponies shall be wearing black. j/k
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool to have like...a collection convention? Idk, I guess I just find it really cool to see or read about other people's collections (especially toy collections!).

I think this would be awesome!!! I love looking at collections also and save pictures of collection photos I come across on the internet.

Offline EStRanger

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2012, 09:19:23 PM »
Yes, that helps, lol!  I'd be happy with either set. :)  I have the othe set of three, but all I've done is keep them in the mailing tube in the back of my closet. XD  Hopefully, I can snag a set for cheap, or they'll add more.  Until then, me and my ponies shall be wearing black. j/k

Glad to help! I have that other Zelda poster set too--in fact, that darn set is why I didn't have enough Coins to get the 25th Anniversary one! Darn you, Nintendo! I'm pretty sure they did that deliberately so Zelda fans would buy even more games and devices to get Coins. I know *I* would've fallen for the marketing trick, if I weren't being responsible and saving my money for responsible adult things right now. :/

BTW, I'm going to go ahead and paste the link about the glitched poster here, since other Zelda collectors may be browsing this thread (it's about collections, after all!), and I'd love to save you guys some of the pain I went through on these poster shenanigans. XD I browsed the link and it's clean, so it should be safe to post here. Click the picture of the poster to see the larger version showing the glitch, and you can decide for yourself if you'd rather have the fixed one if possible. :)

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171033

Back on-topic, here's another collection I have: rocks/fossils! I love picking up unusual rocks on my walks. There are tons of fossils to be found around here too, since it all used to be underwater millions of years ago. I also like to collect unusual polished stones. There are some really pretty chunks of polished jasper, agate, and snowflake obsidian in my collection. I'd like to take up crystal collecting too. :)

Hmm, maybe my love of pretty rocks explains why I also collect marbles, both flat and round.... XD
Don't look for me!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2012, 09:54:24 AM »
My favorite collection is my Baby face Dolls.  I have 12 right now.  5 are my originals from childhood.  2 of the 12 are from series 2.  I have all of series 1.  I would never ever sell these dolls b/c I love them so much.  My Mom also has 3 dolls now--lol.  I have some pics on my website of my dolls:

http://andreaseighties.weebly.com/series-1.html

http://andreaseighties.weebly.com/series-2.html

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2012, 10:48:10 AM »
MH, and now I'm starting LPS. I also really want to start collecting children's books. I have a few from a hospital sale, but since then I haven't been actively searching for them. I think once my finances are in better order I can start collecting. I really want an oooold version of The Water Babies with the original illustrations, and that's going to set me back over a hundred bucks.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2012, 10:52:14 AM »
My Disney Princess doll collection. It's not very big, but I have my most favorites and their prince's (Except for Prince Eric!).

I also help collect Warhammer 40K models with my fiancee.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~Art~
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
My main collection is anything spider. Toys, clothes, books, statues, you name I want it.
My side collections at the moment are G4 Ponies and black Megatron repaints. As a joint collection me and my boyfriend go after any toys related to our favorite video games (heading the list is Resident Evil and anything Bioware).

~Originally Soull~

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »
Apart from the ponies, I also collect what I term "Items of natural History" :D That is, skulls, feathers, dried bugs, stuffed animals, shells, fossils interesting pieces of wood, crystals, antlers...my house is a bit like a weird museum filled with that and the ponies!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »
Kitty In My Pocket! I love them because they remind me most of my childhood. :D

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2012, 06:04:02 PM »
I would have to say...my Dala Horses! ^-^

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2012, 06:53:43 PM »
I would have to say...my Dala Horses! ^-^

Dala horses?

Post Merge: February 02, 2012, 06:54:08 PM

*searches* oh, gorgeous! Do you have little ones?

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Ligress

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart! (art is not updated but I am active to respond there!)
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
Lots of Hello Kitty...some Nightmare before Christmas...some Lion King.
 Erasers and tiny cute things....food plushies. =)
~ Have facebook? Selling or buying a custom pony, vintage toys  or pony extras?~
* MLP Extras for sale **http://www.facebook.com/groups/CUSTOMPONIES Vintage Toys BUY SELL TRADE *
Avatar Icon by L Correia My Ponysona Ligress

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal