collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your favorite collection - other than ponies!!  (Read 39427 times)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite collection - other than ponies!!
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2012, 09:48:19 PM »
My garden gnomes <3  I've been collecting them for the past eleven years, and there are literally only two rooms in the house that don't have gnomes in them.  For the longest time, I didn't "let" any of them live outside, but now that we live rural, I've trusted a couple with my hardy hibiscus bushes.  My gnomes are a lot like my ponies are to me, in that I can't not smile when I look at them, and they're a collection that is a little more socially acceptable to the general public for a "grown up" to have.  Even though I've got somewhere around 40 of them, when I say "I collect garden gnomes," I get the "Oh!  That's pretty neat!" response, where when I tell people "I collect My Little Ponies," probably half the time I get that kinda queasy eyebrow look and a "Oooooh... that's neeeeat..." (I'm sure some of you other "grown ups" have had those responses, too).  It doesn't bother me either way, but it's nice to have a collection that can spread throughout the house and have company not ask me where my kids (that I don't have) are.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2012, 01:39:14 AM »
My garden gnomes <3  I've been collecting them for the past eleven years, and there are literally only two rooms in the house that don't have gnomes in them.  For the longest time, I didn't "let" any of them live outside, but now that we live rural, I've trusted a couple with my hardy hibiscus bushes.  My gnomes are a lot like my ponies are to me, in that I can't not smile when I look at them, and they're a collection that is a little more socially acceptable to the general public for a "grown up" to have.  Even though I've got somewhere around 40 of them, when I say "I collect garden gnomes," I get the "Oh!  That's pretty neat!" response, where when I tell people "I collect My Little Ponies," probably half the time I get that kinda queasy eyebrow look and a "Oooooh... that's neeeeat..." (I'm sure some of you other "grown ups" have had those responses, too).  It doesn't bother me either way, but it's nice to have a collection that can spread throughout the house and have company not ask me where my kids (that I don't have) are.

Sorry to hear that you get raised eyebrows over your MLP collection.  For my part, I DO have children, but I make no bones about the fact that the My Little Ponies are mine, all mine.  LOL.  I know I'm not nuts, just someone who has never quite grown out of My Little Ponies. ;) I honestly don't care what other people think.  If they're too stuffy, serious, and judgmental, that's their problem, not mine.  But I can definitely understand feeling annoyed by it or maybe a bit lonesome.  That's what the MLPArena is for.  WE won't raise our eyebrows at you!  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2012, 02:40:06 AM »
it's nice to have a collection that can spread throughout the house and have company not ask me where my kids (that I don't have) are.

I don't think I have any normal collections! The ones that I currently add to are MLP's, Hellhounds, Tribbles, Warthogs, Guinea Pigs/rodent/Capybara and if I find a cute one Devil Dolls... I have Hellboy (courtesy of hubby) and the devil dolls from the Living dead dolls.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2012, 05:33:14 AM »
I didn't think  I was either, but I am completely in love with this one!! She is adorable!
that's sort of what happened to me too.
I thought I was totally not into 2005 ones, even found them scary in a way, until one day I found one who was just lovely  ^.^ and now I have another 4 besides this one, he kind of spoiled me, lol!  :lol:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2012, 06:05:40 AM »
I finally dug out some pictures of my Smurf room in it's hayday.  Sorry for the poor quality I had to scan them from a picture I had printed out from my computer. :blush:

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline gustystarr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2012, 07:02:16 AM »
Well other than ponies I collect vintage Barbie's,mainly the clothes, because I absoulty adore the time period they repersent. I also collect bells, just about anything Beatles, magizines, and I want to start collecting old LPs. 

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »
I have a collection of the older Pokemon cards. I stopped collecting after the 4th generation. I also collected beanie babies as a child, mostly dragons, cats, and horses. I don't do those anymore, but I still love them as much.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »
as for me i have some lovey stieff animals they are quite nice i love them I need to find a guide book for them though there are lots on my wish list with them though. 

Offline Balto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/mlptalesnut
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2012, 07:39:27 PM »
My biggest collection is definitely my model horses - I'm pretty sure I have over 600 at this point. Mostly Breyers, but I have a modest collection of Peter Stone horses as well along with customized ones.

My other pride and joy is my vinyl record collection. I think my LP collection is around 300 at this point. Being from a generation that traditionally doesn't listen to vinyl, I kind of had to build my collection from the ground up because I just didn't grow up with them. Nothing more satisfying then listening to those pops and crackles, though. :)
Thanks to Moonflower for the avatar!

sarafina

« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2012, 08:30:40 PM »
Nothing more satisfying then listening to those pops and crackles, though. :)

Totally!  Listening to LPs is more of an "experience" - and I love flipping the record over, too. :)

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2012, 11:02:35 AM »
Nothing more satisfying then listening to those pops and crackles, though. :)

Totally!  Listening to LPs is more of an "experience" - and I love flipping the record over, too. :)
Yah I agree 100%! I love the way vinyl sounds and I can't go back to cds or digital music after hearing good ol' vinyl. I was telling a friend a while back, while we were argueing about music, That I had something she'd never have with her more reacent music, she rolled her eyes and asked what " could that possibley be?" and I broke into a grin and cried " YOU CAN'T LISTEN TO THE CRACKLE AND POP OF VINYL AND NEVER WILL!" and she cracked up. Ever since I've been into records especalliy LP's even more than before. I even go down into my creepy basement for hours to listen to them on the turn table down there.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »
My Pokémon collection.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2012, 05:33:16 PM »
So I showed off my TCst collection on the "Favorite non MLP collection" thread buty I think TCats deserves its own thread...come you TCat fans, let's see your stuff!

What think ye of the new series?  I think it's pretty damned good.  But the season finale!!  O_O  Won't reveal anything here.  But man.

Here's mine:

OK we start with the Cats Lair!

Next, the top shelf: We've got the lunchbox, Mumm-Ra's Tomb (you can turn the little compartment in the middle and put the transformed version of Mumm-Ra in there so he can "transform") And of course Transformed Mumm-Ra, mummy Mumm-Ra, Ma-Mutt, and Safari Joe, the greatest hunter in the galaxy.  He hunts sentients as well as beasts.  (He's got pox/cancer!  >P )

Next, the carrying Case, a scary Lion-O gumball dispenser, The Snowman of Hook mountain, and the Berzerkers: Hammerhand, Ram Bam (the red one), Top Spinner (the purple one), and Cruncher (the one in front)  Aaaand the toy Sword of Omens, my absolute favorite TCats toy.  it's a childhood toy, too.

Next!  The good stuff.  From left to right:  RobearBert, Wilykat and Wilykit (the ones that came with Tygra and CHeetara), Cheetara in the HoverCat, Tygra and Lion-O in the back, RobearBelle, Snarf, and RobearBob in th front, Panthro in the ThunderTank with Bengali at the turret, A really baity Jaga in the back, and the poseable Wilykit and Wilykat.

Next shelf:  "Young" Tygra as he's called, Pumyra in the back, Lynx-O on the ThunderClaw, a Tuskan Warrior, Grune the Destroyer, in front of them the Burger King cup.  Next, Poseable Ma-Mutt, Orange-maned Lion-O, Poseable Snarf, the BK Snarf Pencil Topper, a little projection light, and the Control Room playset, designed for the little PVC figures.  (Better pic of that coming up soon)

And the Mutants!  I love these guys.  >: ]  To then left is Jackalman, in a Skycutter, an MOC Monkian (though the bubble came loose and he came out at one point...still he's in good shape), Rataro piloting the Fistpounder (came with box), Monkian in the back, and Vultureman up on the turret. 

Next, accessories!  First pic:  Jackalman's club, Vultureman's claw thingy, Two Tygra whips, one from Tygra and one from "young" Tygra, Lunx-O's Light Shield, The two battery packs for the Mumm-Ra and Lion-O figures (their eyes light up), The Rat Sais, the Red Claw Shield, Bengali's hammer, Pumyra's Sling, Monian's helmet, a ladder from the Lair, and the front of the "Mutant assault vehicle" that came with the lair.

Second pic:  S-S-Slithe's ax, the shield, lance, and helmet for the Snowman of Hook Mountain, a disk from the projector (there are two others if I remember right), Grune's mace, Panthro's nunchucks, Two daggers belinging to big Mumm-Ra, a staff belonging to mummy Mumm-Ra, a spiked thing also belonging to Grune, Monkian's mace, Tuskan Warrior's gun, orange Claw Shield, Hachiman's sword, the orange and red Swords of Omens, and one of the twins' hoverboards--I only have one.

Fistpounder box, TCats Lite Brite wannabe, inserts for the Fistpounder and Lair, and a scary Lion-O mask.

Vintage books, comics, the Panini sticker album (I am addicted to those), and a product list from the Fistpounder (It's the Italian one--and the big comic with S-S-Slithe Is Back on it is a UK comic):

Me modeling an awesome play kit:

Wildstorm comics (some of the artwork on these...yikes!):

A closer close of the PVC figures and the Control Room playset--the little lever makes the circle in the middle pop up to eject enemies:

Some new figures:

And last, but not least...some REALLY amatuerish custom figures!  I was a total novice when I made these, LOL.  The Alluro one (the biggest one) is pretty good but otherwise...argh.  I did mke the weapons decently, though, out of Sculpey:

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:31:57 PM by hyenacub »

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »
nice cub :) i was watching a show about vintage toys recently and isaw a thunder cats figure worth 15k it was never released

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2012, 07:36:20 PM »
Hmmmmm!  That might have been the Redeye prototype.  I TOTALLY want that one, too.  There's a prototype Feliner (a ship) I want too, but it was also expensive

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal