collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's happening with ABC's X-mas raffle? (update 05/24/12)  (Read 34697 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening with ABC's X-mas raffle?
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2012, 12:15:01 PM »
I don't think anyone has received anything since his thread started but I think a few people received items before she disappeared.

I believe the only items ever sent were the ones Kalavista and I provided and shipped.

So this means that in fact ABrownCrayon never sent *anything*?  :|

I can't help but think it's very selfish of her, working happily on her wedding 24/7 while owning several people a lot of stuff.

And how cruel to leave people waiting like this when what they donated/sent was for charity. It's like she's counting on people not saying anything out of fear of looking petty and greedy.
Like "oh they won't dare complain, they should be doing it for the good cause anyway"

That did indeed go through my head before I started this thread.  I don't want to be petty, but if you start a contest like this, you owe it to those who participated to follow through, no matter what the good cause is.

I messaged her on facebook, but she said she never got it.  I still have a copy of it in my sentbox, so I'm not sure what to believe there.  I think it's sad that this toy drive probably won't be an annual tradition now, after this.  I thought it was a great idea.

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2012, 06:19:15 PM »
I think it's sad that this toy drive probably won't be an annual tradition now, after this.  I thought it was a great idea.

I think it could still be done next time, if anyone else wants to do it.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2012, 07:19:42 PM »
I think buttercream is trying to say it's been tainted. Best of luck to you guys. I really hope ABC starts responding.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2012, 07:36:55 PM »
I remember when this wa started.  I had thought to myself that I would never be able to do something like that because of all the work to organize everything before doing a draw and all that.  I'm normally organized, but this would have taken a lot of time.  I wonder if she realized after starting this up that it was so very time consuming and got busy and forgot, and then when remembered figured it was just too late?  It would be nice to know, though... right?

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2012, 07:55:07 AM »
I think it could be done again this year, but I think it should be a couple people taking on the responsibility instead of just one. I can imagine running something like this takes a lot of time and effort and maybe ABC didn't think about that at first. I would really love to do something like this next year because I feel like it encourages some people to donate a few toys to a good cause if they can. I would hate to see something like this not be able to happen again because the first one was 'tainted', but I can understand why some members would be hesitant to participate if it was done again.
I just don't want to sound like a big meany about it because we knew we were buying ponies to give to kids in need, and usually when you do that your award is knowing that somewhere there will be a happy kid. With these we were promised a chance at a prize if we did to encourage more donating. I just would hate for some people to view us as 'selfish' because we want our prizes that we were promised.

Hopefully once ABC's honeymoon is over we will be hearing back from her soon. I hope this thread does not become a lost cause.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »
Clearly the next time we do something like this, IF we do something like this, the person hosting the raffle should NOT be in the midst of a life-changing event like marriage.  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2012, 08:27:39 AM »
Pardon me for putting my nose where it might not belong, but reading about this whole mess makes me quite cross! it's not any more Ok to just abandon everything because it was a raffle and not outright sales!

MyHatBarks, you seem to have some comms with ABC, is there any way you could get her to at least post ButterCreamDreams poster out to her so she can get it signed??

Obviously all these items need to go out asap, but the poster seems to be the most pressing as the event is rapidly approaching!

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »
It sounds like abc has stopped replying for the time being. So I don't know if saying anything really matters :-/

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »
:(   I guess we'll have to wait until after her honeymoon and go from there...

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline MyHatBarks

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2012, 02:26:20 PM »
I haven't seen or heard that she's back yet. =\ Sorry guys. I will try to ask about at least getting the poster out as soon as I do though.

Nora & Ru visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »
I thought the honeymoon was over?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2012, 04:05:29 PM »
Thanks MHB.   And if or when you talk to her if you could ask her to please get that poster out first, that would be great.

In the meantime I guess we wait till she gets back. :(
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2012, 03:21:59 AM »
At this point I just wish people like this would run their projects somewhere else instead of the arena.
If they are not going to be more responsible than this, why run it on here in the first place? I mean she could have done it from her personal blog or facebook or something. That way it would only be her own name she is lowering the credibility of. Running it on here she is making the arena look bad as well.

I have only ever once ran a project on the arena myself, it was a custom contest. I asked a custom mod before announcing it on the board and once it was on I felt it was a huge responsibility as by running it I was, in fact, representing the arena. I knew that if the contest would somehow fail, not turn out well, it would not only make me look bad but it would drag the arena down.
Mid way into the contest I ran into some irl problems. That did distract me and for some time I could not reply to the contest thread as often as I would have wanted to. But I kept up a positive attitude and made sure to go through with everything that was expected of me so that the people on here would not be affected by my personal problems. Not until the prizes had been sent out and I had thanked people and wrapped everything up, I would allow myself to relax.

The way ABC's donation raffle turned out makes me think people shouldn't be allowed to run huge projects on here involving a lot of people and money/goods, unless they have a back up person, a creditor, who will step in and take responsibility in every way if needed.

-

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2012, 03:57:01 PM »
A back up person is really a good idea!  If I were to ever host/run something, I think I would definetly need someone to hold me accountable and to fall back on if I couldn't hold to my duties!

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2012, 08:44:28 PM »
That's a shame. I would've loved that Firefly. I'm such an optimist though, I believe she will get it straightened out.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal