collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: POUNDS FOR PONIES - We are on our way! Sign-ups closed.  (Read 66572 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
This is a wonderful idea. Good luck everyone! :)

I'd participate (this is just the type of motivation I need) but I not only have no way to get measurements/weight (no scale) but I'm too ashamed to post that stuff publicly or even tell my boyfriend, lol. Everyone here has a lot more guts than me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
I really want to get 'just dance' as it packs a workout and is so much fun!

Zumba is a dancing game too, for the wii.  I hear it is a lot of fun too!  You use a belt to put the wii remote in for it to rate your moves with the dance and it tells you the percentage of the dance you got right at the end.  Do you have to use the dance mat or the wii balance board with Just Dance?  I've seen it but didn't look into it.  There are so many dance games to pick from!
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
This is a wonderful idea. Good luck everyone! :)

I'd participate (this is just the type of motivation I need) but I not only have no way to get measurements/weight (no scale) but I'm too ashamed to post that stuff publicly or even tell my boyfriend, lol. Everyone here has a lot more guts than me!

Aww, don't be ashamed (my husband has no idea what I weigh, he doesn't know its about 50 pounds more than him LOL) maybe you can pick up a scale at a second hand store?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
I've always been shy about my weight (I had some issues being overweight and then with anorexia when I was younger) and with how high it is now oh god I will never admit it. I had a baby though so its not my fault, its his! xD
And I'd love to do that, but I have no spendable money. >.< Its very annoying because that's like my biggest setback keeping me from getting motivated. And even if I could buy one I'd be too ashamed about having my boyfriend's mom (who I live with) know, lol.

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
Gotta find a tape measure! Kids lost mine...

Disregard the Prologue

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
I'm going to enter! Just need my measurements. Which I am not looking forward to ;.; This is my fourth "diet" day (not so much a "diet" as changing of eating and excercise habits) and it's driving me NUTS. I'd love some support and a little incentive never hurt anypony! I'm just stumped with how much I think I could realistically lose in 90 days....

Taxel: I know how you feel. I think I'm the biggest one in this group, but I think because we all have the same goal we'd be able to support each other without any shaming, resentment, or bullying. The arena is generally a loving and understanding place!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:12:30 AM by xkelpiex »

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I think I will give this a try! Might keep me motivated, as I lose steam pretty quickly!  :lol:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 172.4

Measurements using tape measure:    (need to get one)
Chest: each boob is as big as my head lol  :lol: Too big! And gravity is not being a kind friend  :blush:
Waist: To much fat there to see where it is!
Hips: have four kids, what do you think? :lol:
Butt: Flat as a pancake, need some booty muscle!  :P

GOALS
1.) What is your goal weight?
I would like to get down to 135-140

2.) What are your goal inches?
I'd like to lose lots and get back into my jeans
3.) What habits do you want to break?
I need to stop drinking pop and eating fast food! I have gone about 5 days with no pop and about two weeks with no fast food, so it is a start!
4.) What habits do you want to develop?
Good ones, hehe! I want to eat healthier and not as much. I tend to just munch on stuff because it tates good, most times I am not even hungry, because I just ate a big meal, but I snack anyways cause I LOVE FOOD!  :lol: .

PLAN
1.) What program will you be following (this is important, you need a PLAN for success, so be detailed)?  This includes how many days per week you are exercising... how many minutes/hour(s) you are exercising that day... WHAT type of exercising you are doing... etc.

I'm going to try to exercise daily Monday-Saturday 
Monday~  Power 90 Fat Burning System DVD
Tuesday~ Same
Wednesday~Same
Thursday~Same
Friday~Same
Saturday~ Power 90 Fat Burning Express (Choo Choo, Chugga Chugga) lol had to add that!  :lol:
Sunday~Rest

2.) What steps are you going to take to improve your nutrition?
I'm going to continue to taking my vitamins. I am going to try to take Fish Oil as well, though the tablets are sooo biiig. And eat more fruits and veggies. In additon I started keeping a log 3 days now,of what I am eating through the day.

WHY
What are your reasons for wanting to get into better shape and play with us in this journey?
1.My main reasoning is that I have been having heart problems. I never used to have them and since I have had a seditary life-style for the past 6 years, I have developed heart issues. I have problems with my blood preasure too. I have so much weight gain in the tummy especially, I wear my hubbys T-Shirts, cause they seem to hide my fat better. I would love to have my own shirts to wear!

2.My hubby! He has been going to the Gym faithfully now since the end of December and he is looking Fantastic! We are both overweight, (him not so much now). We were gamers on AOC, DAOC and WOW. We spent about 3 years on our butts in front of the computer, raiding and eating lol  :lol:  We don't play Role Playing games online anymore and are now trying to get ourselves healthy again. It is pretty sad when I get so winded that I can't even walk to the end of an acre of our property and back to the house, without having to take a break  :lookround:  and I have no flexibility, my legs and ankles hurt because of the pounds I am carrying. I have no muscle, since I have been so seditary all these years!  :shocked:

3.To feel good about myself! I am hoping that I can shed the pounds before Summer, so I can actually wear shorts and not pants. And go swimming with the kids without having to wear a T-Shirt. I am so self concious about my weight, I wont even put on a bathing suit to swim at my parents house  :cry:  Time for it to go!  :mad: :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:55:20 AM by angelponies »

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Finally took my measurements!  I know I'm already pretty smallish, but I've been wanting to shed like 15-20 pounds... they just don't seem to go anywhere!  If only there were an exercise that would shave inches off the hips and belly, but increase the chest!

:lmao:

Didn't make my workout yesterday, but I've been helping my mom move all week and she lives on the third floor.  So at least I got a solid couple hours of stairs and lifting!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 11:34:18 AM by ZennaBug »

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I'M JOINING!

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 252

Measurements using tape measure -
Chest: 47"
Waist: 44"
Hips: 52"

GOALS
For the 90 day challenge, my goal is to lose ten lbs. After that, my main goal is getting under 200 lbs
Right now, simply lose two inches off measurement.
EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. I have a probleem with binge eating and craving sweets and carbs to the point that I become incoherent if I don't get it. I've kinda been "detoxi"ing my system these past four days bu getting over these cravings and following a healthier diet. It's been painful.
Three meals and two snacks a day. Single portions at meals. Less gluten and dairy.

PLAN
1.) What program will you be following (this is important, you need a PLAN for success, so be detailed)?  This includes how many days per week you are exercising... how many minutes/hour(s) you are exercising that day... WHAT type of exercising you are doing... etc.
Walk one hour a day and follow a classical stretch dvd (believe me it's quite workout for someone my size) three times a week. Defy my cravings with fruit instead and in small portions. Sleep less. Typically I sleep 16 hrs a day! NOT GOOD. I need to be more active and awake, and I'm hoping my new eating habits will give me more energy to do so.

I'm drinking gluten and lactose free nurition shakes as I've been told that one of the reasons I am gaining weight is because my body isn't absorbing enough nutrition from what I eat. My intolerence to dairy and gluten is preventing this, so I will be eating less of both. Trying to go cold turkey and cutting them out completely at this point just isn't plausable, but in the future, I do hope to almost totally go GF and DF.

WHY
What are your reasons for wanting to get into better shape and play with us in this journey?
I am getting so big that it is taking a toll on my body and health. I have fibromaialjia and it's making it worse. I am in pain all day every day. Also, I want to look better and feel better about myself. I know I will never be thin, but a little trimmer and I might even pass as attractive lol

And that's it I guess! I chose a goal of ten lbs, because I know it's one I can complete and if I lose more than that in the process, then hey, I'm not going to complain!

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
Yay! I'm so glad you joined Kelpie! and truthfully you're not that much heavier than I was at Christmas time 231lbs
(it's so weird talking in pounds, but I will convert from kgs each time i post my weight since I know most of you guys are using lbs)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Age. 29
Height. 5"4
Weight. 148
chest. 48
Waist. 38
Hips. 43
Goal. I would like to be 130....but i really want to feel preaty.
goal inches. I would like a smaller chest..but not sure if that can happen...genetics. my tummy needs the work and my bum....hehe.
Habit breaker. I keep sneaking fast food and candy on my erronds. It cost and i can use that money for pony.
goal starter. Keep up with working out. I get a good for a moment but then give up later.
Plan. I want to keep a 15 min work out going. I do 10 bike crunches. 10 scissors.  10 sumo squats. 10 lunges. 10 dead lifts 10 arm work outs. Each week i will add weights and reps. I plan to do this for 3 reps twice a day.
nutrition plan. Drink more water and stop eating fast junk:p
Why....i wanted to miss america since i was seven. I tried even though i was 210....i did win titles so i know this goal is not just beauty alone. Well i never did get my state title...but there is mrs. America program....so now i am wanting to look to get in shape to take my state tittle 2013....silly but a dream is a good motivator....my other goal is to win...meaning i want to be sucessful to promote others and donate ponies to help others suceed. I tend to do better giving to others:)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:52:05 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
  If only there were an exercise that would shave inches off the hips and belly, but increase the chest!

:lmao:

I was thinking that same thing day before yesturday!  :lol:
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline Teagan_Louise

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://tangaar.devinantart.com
Height: 5'4
Weight: 84kg [about 185lbs]

Measurements using tape measure -
Chest: 41"
Waist: 33"
Hips: 42"

GOALS
My goal is to get to 65, but at the moment 75, and then work my way slowly from there
I want to get ride of at least 4-5 inches off everything, I have large/wide hips as it is, so I don't think I will be losing too much from there lol
Cut down on the junk even more then I have over the last few years, and stop being so lazy.
I already eat a well balanced diet, I need to introduce more fibre, and start being more active.

PLAN
Monday: 10 min yoga/stretching, 30 min Zumba
Tuesday: 10 min yoga/stretching, 20 min aerobics, 10 min cardio
Wedneday: Repeat Monday
Thursday: Repeat Tuesday
Friday: Rest and be lazy
Saturday: Repeat Tues, every second week repeat Mon
Sunday: Rest and be lazy

I drink lots of water, I've cut down on a lot of junk, and started to eat more greens, I already eat quite a lot of veg, meats [mostly chicken] and some fruits [can be kinda fussy with them]

WHY
I want to start loving myself, I'm sick of being so ashamed of my body, I want to be able to wear a bikini and feel good about myself, instead of refusing to go swimming, I want to be able to wear more revealing cosplays instead of keeping completely covered, and to help strengthen my back. It is injured, have the last 2 disks slipped, and it causes me a lot of pain daily. If anyone touches my lower back, or even adds a slight bit of pressure, my back starts to spazm and also give off an extremely painful pinchy feeling. I need to be careful with what I do exercise wise, otherwise I can end up in physio for at least 2-3 sessions to get my backed worked out from pulling it out in doing one thing or another.

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
Height: 5'3
Weight: 137 lbs

Measurements using tape measure - will fill in after I get a tape measure today
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:

GOALS
125 lbs
I'd like to lose several inches off of my thighs and get rid of the "muffin tops" without losing chest... that's probably wishful thinking, though!
Eating fast food too much, having Pepsi in the house, eating when I'm not hungry
Getting physical activity every day. It's hard when my back's bad, but I should be able to manage taking the dog for a good walk or a yoga video, as long as I don't overdo it.

PLAN
Monday: 20 minutes cardio,  min stretching
Tuesday: 40 minutes yoga or pilates
Wednesday: weight training (light) 20 minutes
Thursday: 25 minute walk (or indoor cardio); Yoga class for the next 4 weeks (1.5 hours)
Friday: weight training (light) 20 minutes
Saturday: 20+ minutes any cardio
Sunday: nuthin'

Drinking more water and less pop, replacing unhealthy snacks (chips, candy) with fresh veggies, eating more whole grains for fibre

WHY
I want to set a good example for my kids of what a healthy lifestyle looks like. I want to have more energy. I want to fight depression. I want to be able to wear a bathing suit without feeling embarrassed by my huge legs. I want to look good for my husband, who loves me no matter what I look like, but deserves the best I can be. I want to set a goal and stick with a plan until I reach it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:18:31 AM by EmberBright »

Disregard the Prologue

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Yay! I'm so glad you joined Kelpie! and truthfully you're not that much heavier than I was at Christmas time 231lbs
(it's so weird talking in pounds, but I will convert from kgs each time i post my weight since I know most of you guys are using lbs)
I was down to 238 from 300 in August. Then I got a job at a donut and coffee shop. My addiction got worse and worse as time went on and now I am where I am. I really don't wanna reach 300 lbs again, so I'm finally taking a stand!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal