collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have You Caught the Skylanders Bug?  (Read 11600 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Have You Caught the Skylanders Bug?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2012, 03:00:05 PM »
Bumping this topic up  :bump:

My husband and I have been playing Skylanders since about February or March I think. It's pretty addictive! We've managed to collect all the characters except Warnado, Camo and Wham Shell and we've played through the game and extensions but still need to work on leveling up some of the characters and playing for completion on a few levels. We've been taking a bit of a break from it the last couple weeks but we're super excited for 'Giants' to come out this fall!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2012, 04:00:19 PM »
We still need the Dragon's Peak add-on and the above three. We can't wait for Giants too!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »
May I ask what Skylanfers is like on 3DS? I've been very keen on Skylanders for a while, but can't afford to gamble $80 on PS3. I love spyro. I'm going to have a look today. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2012, 07:04:12 PM »
May I ask what Skylanfers is like on 3DS? I've been very keen on Skylanders for a while, but can't afford to gamble $80 on PS3. I love spyro. I'm going to have a look today. :D
Aren't the starter packs the same price on all platforms?  I don't have any experience on 3DS (we have for PS3) but you cannot play 2 player on 3DS like you can on PS3.

We waited a long time to get it too because of the price but then we found it at TRU for 50% off, $35US.
So definitely keep an eye out for sales! I bet it will go on sale again before Giants comes out.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:07:54 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2012, 09:07:37 PM »
Aren't the starter packs the same price on all platforms?  I don't have any experience on 3DS (we have for PS3) but you cannot play 2 player on 3DS like you can on PS3.

We waited a long time to get it too because of the price but then we found it at TRU for 50% off, $35US.
So definitely keep an eye out for sales! I bet it will go on sale again before Giants comes out.

For some reason I thought I might have been cheaper, how wrong I was, lol. :P
Yes, I am going to keep an eye out. I don't want to pay full price for it, I think I may get it on PS3, it seems better on there, at least I think..
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
Anything Spyro that is not the original 3 by Insomniac I refuse to buy or play.

>_>
<_<
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Deines

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »
http://supersketchsquad.blogspot.com/2012/02/stealthy-elf.html

Yes, so much that fanart happened.  :lol:  Haven't been able to play for a bit, but will in a few weeks

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 06:33:59 AM »
um yup T.T my son is addicted to this game, he saved up his allowance to buy half of the starter pack, i bought the other half since i knew i would play it too xD. at first we couldnt find ANY extra figures, but now, months later, the hype has worn down a bit in my area and we are finding lots of skylanders yaay but boo for our pocket money xD.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline XOXO

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/#!/toyzombies
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »
Not sure if there's a demo on any system.  But I feel I should mention that each game comes with three characters - more than enough to play and enjoy any game of this sort.  The extra characters and such are simply that - extra.  You buy them if you want, but there's nothing demanding that you do so.  In that way it is no different from DLC.  You forgo the DLC and you are left with less than the full game.  You download all of the DLC and you can easily spend several times the cost of the game itself just for a few extra scenarios, quests, characters and such.  But it is optional either way.

I wish more people understood this. My coworkers & I have been ripped apart countless times by grandparents & parents whose kids have told them that they absolutely can NOT progress in the game without a certain Skylander. It's always our fault that they, "spent so much money on a game that their kids can't even play," and when we finally convince them that we aren't hoarding them in the back, we get spend a good twenty-thirty minutes hunting down the character that they want. They're all in our system under the same SKU, so we have to call each store individually and have them drop everything so they can go see what they've got on the sales floor. Luckily the craze is dying down a little since Activision's keeping our stock up, but I'm seriously dreading the launch of Skylanders Giants. D:

Anyhoo! Sorry to rant. I picked the game up for my 3DS back when we had it on sale. It was definitely fun & addicting, but I burned out pretty quickly. >.<

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 12:11:14 PM »
I've recently found Warnado and Camo! I freaking love Camo, he's adorable! I'm getting the Dragons Peak pack on my birthday on Wednesday, and Sunburn will be the last dragon Skylander I need to collect. I can't wait for Giants, I hope there will be more dragons, phoenixes, griffins, and other such creatures!

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »
i love cameo too i havent found him yet!

hey does anyone know if there is actually a difference between the dark colored skylanders? iv never seen them in stores until recently but my son was interested in the dark looking chop chop xD is there any difference or is it just something to hunt down and collect?

Offline Scraleos

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2012, 10:03:53 AM »
Are you talking about the Legandary Skylanders? They don't look any different in game, but thier stats are higher :)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »
i guess i am talking about the legandary skylanders xD, well thats good to know, but i wonder why they dont look different? it would be cool to have a few dark looking ones in there xD my son is convinced that they are the skylanders that kaos uses to fight against us haha

Offline Scraleos

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »
I could be mistaken though! I'll check now...

They do have different colours in the game! My bad.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2012, 12:59:13 PM »
hahah oh thats kinda cool then xD