collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 164435 times)

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1275 on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »

*sigh* They need to make a Monster High Anonymous.

Totally Agreed! LMAO I need to go BADLY! I dont have the Cash for this stuff but i get it anyways and my poor creditcard has to suffer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: February 16, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
I'm sorry, but I think the whole DT line is.....really lame.

BURN WITCH, BURN!!!!

Kidding, just kidding! I totally agree with you on the clothing. However, I do like Clawdeen's slippers!

WAAAAAAAAA I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING!!!!!!!

Of course, the shoes are the best part ;)

Post Merge: February 16, 2012, 08:37:11 PM

I'm sorry, but I think the whole DT line is.....really lame. It's nice to have a doll to buy who's a bit cheaper (my first MH was a DT Ghoulia, because I wasn't sure if I would like them or not), but one of my favorite parts of the line is the clothing and the DT line just has boring clothing (imho).

Of course this is all personal opinion, and I really shouldn't complaining because I reaaaaaally don't need more dolls to buy :P  Plus the three new characters are SO AWESOME.

I kind of see where you're coming from on this, but that's the reason I like them I think. The more muted make-up choices and simple clothes really endear them to me. Sometimes all the high fashion and glam just gets that little bit overwhelming. Which is kind of why I'm a bit put off by the new DT Clawdeen, it could just be the poor photo but her lippy looks a little too much for a sleepover. *fussy fussy*

But that's just me. :p

Ya okay, I agree with you there. Idk...maybe it's just because they haven't released a DT doll yet that I really HAVE TO HAVE, but, like I said, they all just seem a bit meh. Plus it seems like the last DT line stayed in stores FOREVER and even went on clearance and didn't sell, which makes me think they weren't all that popular with anyone.

Idk, I guess that's the reason it surprises me that there's a second set of DT; the first set didn't seem that popular at all.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:37:11 PM by okapishomapi »

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 16, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »
I tortured myself by going to every store in a 20 mile radius that might carry MH. I came home with Lagoona's Hydration Station at Target. It sucks not having anything to buy! Where is everything Mattel?!?!

By the way... I keep finding Cleo (the one without the pet) at every store. Anyone know what set she is out of? Who do I keep missing????

That's 2.0 Cleo. She was released late last spring. Her current case assortment is 2x Operetta, 2x Nefera, 1x Toralei and 1x Cleo. So, you're missing out on the three newest girls (that have been released anyway).

Thanks so much! I have all of those so I can wipe the sweat off of my brow. lol I was so worried that I was missing the pet-less Frankie, Ghoulia etc. I wonder when I missed those? *sigh*

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 16, 2012, 08:38:14 PM »
I'm sorry, but I think the whole DT line is.....really lame. It's nice to have a doll to buy who's a bit cheaper (my first MH was a DT Ghoulia, because I wasn't sure if I would like them or not), but one of my favorite parts of the line is the clothing and the DT line just has boring clothing (imho).

I didn't think I would particularly like the line either - pajamas? But then I bought DT Ghoulia, mainly for her amazing Brain Puffs, and she simply charmed so much she has practically become my favorite doll. So I feel like I really need the others to go with her.

I love those Brain Puffs :D I do really like that Ghoulia, too - like I said, she was my first MH and I love her. I just wish I had a better outfit for her :P

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: February 16, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »
Quote from: okapishomapi
Ya okay, I agree with you there. Idk...maybe it's just because they haven't released a DT doll yet that I really HAVE TO HAVE, but, like I said, they all just seem a bit meh. Plus it seems like the last DT line stayed in stores FOREVER and even went on clearance and didn't sell, which makes me think they weren't all that popular with anyone.

Idk, I guess that's the reason it surprises me that there's a second set of DT; the first set didn't seem that popular at all.

I didn't see them on clearance around me. Although I do think that a portion of the collecting community passes on the non-signature lines; and it's not like most parents will get all of a set for their kids. So I can see them sticking around longer than the new characters.

Quote from: MsTwilight
Thanks so much! I have all of those so I can wipe the sweat off of my brow. lol I was so worried that I was missing the pet-less Frankie, Ghoulia etc. I wonder when I missed those? *sigh*

The characters that received 2.0 versions were Lagoona, Cleo, Frankie and Clawdeen. All but Lagoona were released in mid-June, in the same case that Spectra made her debut in. The Abbey case removed Cleo and Clawdeen and added Lagoona. Clawdeen was in the case that Toralei debuted in. Lagoona was fairly rare, only getting released in that case. I only saw her on shelves twice- once when someone beat me to her, and the second time when I found her, and there were only two or three on the shelf.

As of right now, none of the 2.0 characters are slated to be in any upcoming cases. The next case will contain Rochelle Goyle, Operetta, Nefera, Abbey and one TBD doll, most likely signature Jackson. Hope the info helps! Perhaps a member here has access to them, or check Amazon. Of course, there's always Ebay, but the prices on everything seems pretty high right now.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:22:17 PM by crimsondeity »

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: February 16, 2012, 09:55:24 PM »
If there was a MH Anonymous, I would definitely need to join.  Not that I'm addicted to MH or anything... >_>

And general fashion and shoe packs?  Big yes please!

VincentVJ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1281 on: February 16, 2012, 11:20:11 PM »
I just got a Operetta, but I think... she isn't really what i want. So I'm thinking I maaaaay want to trade her.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: February 16, 2012, 11:36:03 PM »

As of right now, none of the 2.0 characters are slated to be in any upcoming cases. The next case will contain Rochelle Goyle, Operetta, Nefera, Abbey and one TBD doll, most likely signature Jackson. Hope the info helps! Perhaps a member here has access to them, or check Amazon. Of course, there's always Ebay, but the prices on everything seems pretty high right now.

Darn, I was hoping for 2.0 Lagoona or 2.0 Clawdeen in the next case assortment. Though I will be happy to pick up Jackson, and ecstatic for Rochelle, I'm really struggling to catch up on the older dolls. XD Eventually...

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: February 16, 2012, 11:53:06 PM »
I still see a lone 2.0 doll here and there on the shelves on occasion but the next time I'll be there its gone. Could Mattel be sending out more of the earlier assortments of the 2.0 dolls as well as the newbies?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: February 16, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »

Darn, I was hoping for 2.0 Lagoona or 2.0 Clawdeen in the next case assortment. Though I will be happy to pick up Jackson, and ecstatic for Rochelle, I'm really struggling to catch up on the older dolls. XD Eventually...

I am so glad I started collecting this line back when there were only 9 dolls to worry about. I fell a bit behind a few months ago, and that was hard enough to get caught up on- I can't imagine what it's like getting into it now and wanting the majority of the line. I'd suggest checking places you wouldn't normally think to look, like Burlington Coat Factory, Family Dollar or Big Lots. I've heard of people finding the dolls at all those places, so you never know. And as wardah mentioned, sometimes you'll find the odd older doll in Target or TRU.

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: February 17, 2012, 12:03:07 AM »

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #1286 on: February 17, 2012, 12:30:45 AM »
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_004W003843806000P?prdNo=10

Is this proce right? =0

Haha, no, I saw that too! She'll be $9.99 when released on April 13 --- 4/13! Someone entered the wrong value somewhere.

But seeing her, Venus, Rochelle, and Robecca listed is KILLING me! I can't wait.

...I'm going to be so poor this year. It's not even funny.

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #1287 on: February 17, 2012, 12:33:57 AM »
So she's going to be available in kmart! Awesome! :D

If there was a MH Anonymous, I would definitely need to join.  Not that I'm addicted to MH or anything... >_>
Admitting you have a problem is the first step. lol.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:35:48 AM by WickedWonderland »

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1288 on: February 17, 2012, 05:35:41 AM »
I'm kind of realizing I can't, for the life of me, fit all the dolls I want on my shelves. And I'd have serious trouble justifying all of them to myself. I'd love to do the thing where I buy a doll, get tired of it, sell it to buy another one, but I keep finding reasons why I shouldn't sell that particular one (oh I haven't seen a classroom Frankie with such nice hair before! But GB Lala looks awesome in those fashion packs!) so I just keep stockpiling them. If I intend to keep the Halloween girls MIB then I deffinitely won't have room.

And I still need Spectra, SS Lala and Abbey, damnit. Think I'm passing on most of the new releases though. Howleen's cute but not worth the double pack, I don't like the faces on the Werecat twins, Robecca doesn't do much for me and the only rollerblading girl I like is Operetta, but I need to see her hair first. I do need Venus and Rochelle, though. :/

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: February 17, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »
Wow! I think I found all the stock of the Howleen pack...I was picking a set up for someone today and my local store had 3 in stock!!! No other Monster High it should be pointed out...nothing else at all but plenty of this set! he he he and no doubt they will all be cleared out by tomorrow
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal