collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 164436 times)

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1230 on: February 16, 2012, 09:29:22 AM »
I have something I wish Mattel would make for these dolls.   More outfits!   Not just ones that come with dolls, and not just ones for specific dolls.  I want general outfits for *any* MH doll to wear.   I am loving the fashion aspect of these dolls, but noticed that so far, all the outfits either come with a doll or are designed around a specific doll.  Why can't they just make some general 'mix N match' outfits?  They would be so much fun, especially with the new CAM packs. 

I have used Bratz clothes for my MH girls -- they work pretty well.
Tho I would LOVE it if Mattel would put out a whole pack that JUST contained shoes....and give me the "CHEESY" shoes *pfffts at Tuney* I ADORE all the wild "themed" shoes. I want them all!!

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 16, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »
I have something I wish Mattel would make for these dolls.   More outfits!   Not just ones that come with dolls, and not just ones for specific dolls.  I want general outfits for *any* MH doll to wear.   I am loving the fashion aspect of these dolls, but noticed that so far, all the outfits either come with a doll or are designed around a specific doll.  Why can't they just make some general 'mix N match' outfits?  They would be so much fun, especially with the new CAM packs. 

Also, in line with more outfits, I would *love* to see a MH closet!   It could be skeleton-themed with bone-styled hangers.  And maybe a couple of drawers for shoes and accessories.  I'd love that too!!  <3

YES!  I want some generic clothes.  Ok, not some, LOTS, but any would be good at this point. And some more shoes.  Lots.  Here's to hoping!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 16, 2012, 10:30:08 AM »
I've been checking Walmart's website almost daily to view their stock on Cupid. Today I noticed that a store in Westerly had them in stock. My husband happened to be in the area for work. So I asked him to go. I called ahead and they told me on the phone "The order never came in." I was disappointed with that answer and called my husband to tell him not to bother.

Being the man that he is, he stopped by anyway and found her on the shelf!  >_< Don't quite understand what happened there. She kept me on hold as thought she was looking into it. Did she totally lie?

I'm sorry I couldn't pick up any for the members here  :blush: Tomorrow is payday so I didn't have enough for two. John asked me if I wanted him to hide one but I didn't think that would be far for anyone else that was looking too.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 16, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #1234 on: February 16, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »
.unless they finally hook Heath up with someone (strangely enough, my personal preference would be Abbey)
I like that pairing too and I kinda think they hinted at it a little in the special when he was listening to Abbey giving advice in Cupid's place. They both are rather direct and not very subtle.
Yeah, they're an odd pair (even despite the fire/ice quality) but I think they'd be cute.

I've been sort of paying attention to th trends of the guys

There was Deuce in a 2 pack, then Holt as a singular signature, then there was the cheap Jackson release and later a dancey Deuce
Then there was Clawd in a 2 pack, Gil as a cheapish release, a Dancy Clawd, and now a singular signature Jackson

While I once suspected Gil would debut in a 2 pack with Lagoona, I think we'll see a Slo-Mo and Ghoulia two-pack...unless they finally hook Heath up with someone (strangely enough, my personal preference would be Abbey)

unless its all random! There probably isn't a trend, though, line isn't even two years old yet.

Wow, that is really neat theory and it makes a lot of sense! And Ghoulia is the only one of the original main characters to not get a 2.0, so a double pack with her and Slo-Mo is very possible. Of course, I'd prefer a Gil/Lagoona set, since Lagoona is one of my faves (Operetta and Venus are super-close), and Gil is one of my favorite guys.

As far as Heath and Abbey go, I can totally see it. Aside from the scene you and wardah mentioned, there was a little flirtation between the two of them during Abbey's introductory arc in the webisodes. And it would give Mattel the opportunity to use a tagline like "Fire and Ice" :P

It's just a pet theory and I could be proven wrong easily, and honestly we won't know til we know, but it's true, Ghoulia is the only girl who didn't get a 2.0 look and from that custom floating around we know a Slo-Mo doll isn't undoable.

Post Merge: February 16, 2012, 12:06:57 PM

OK so I get to be the first to show the share the latest news? Yay me

Dead Tired 2 line

So far pics of Clawdeen and Lala
This could be fake but I'm hopeful the Clawdeen at least is real

I think the messed up boxes is like the DDG boxes reusing Operetta's signature art and Lagoona's DotD art, just getting it out as a prototype
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:06:58 PM by Ravie »

YellowCat

« Reply #1235 on: February 16, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »
I can't believe I found Operetta today!  I looked at a Walmart in another town and there she was on the shelf with a bunch of DOTD Cleos and wave 2 Frankies. :) :) :)

So, has anyone washed all the gunk out of her hair and then styled it back to the way it came.  I want to know if it's possible before I wash her hair because I'm loving her victory rolls but I can't stand the gunk.  Maybe a boil perm with rollers in her bangs and sides?

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 16, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
A second set of the main girls in pajamas, really? That seems kinda weird to me. Even Skull Shores had mostly dolls who hadn't been in Gloom Beach (And Frankie's so different I'd hardly count her as a repeat!). Hmm. Mainly, I'm sad because I didn't buy the original Dead Tired dolls! Now I want them terribly, and they've probably been discontinued. T-T Sooo expensive on eBay.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1237 on: February 16, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »
wow i have been away for a bit on vacation .. but wow! I love all the new stuff coming out..  the haloween dolls are SOOOO cute. and I love the new girls too they are awesome.  The rollerskate girls are very cute!! and i like the look of the dot dead girls too.

I can't wait to see them in stores but i hope they wait a bit to release them as i still got to get caught up and the MH shelves around my area are bare.  I was lucky to find nefera at target yesterday but her and cleo  were   the only ones there that and  some 1600 draculauras.
 still an the look out for operetta, and glad i ordered my cupid online because i haven't seen her in stores  around me anywhere.

My walmart even had a sign saying they were sorry  for  advertising cupid  because they didn't have her in stock due to  things beyond there control.

I love all the MH stuff, but they really need to get the stores better stocked :)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 16, 2012, 01:01:05 PM »
Noooo a 2nd dead tired line! TT,TT;

Loving Clawdeen but if I want to get these new ones, I'mm gonna have to get the first set too >,< *Hates being a set completer*

Maybe there's a chance we'll see a dead tired Abbey like in Game of DeNile. Hopefully Spectra gets a DT release too!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #1239 on: February 16, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »
ARGH are you KIDDING me?! After weeks of looking for the Dead Tired girls EVERYWHERE, I finally cracked and ordered a set off eBay for $22 each. Two days after they come in, my Target has ALL THREE for $11.99 each!

Arglebargle life hates me.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 16, 2012, 01:50:01 PM »
I really want the first DT Draculaura. She's so cute! This new one isn't as nice, and I'm worried I won't be able to find the old one. I'm not buying any toys for myself til mid-march so, I hope I'm not screwed.
Also, I don't change my ghouls' clothes. They stay in their stock!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 16, 2012, 01:58:54 PM »
Really another DT line? Is this genuine? I cant help but feel the first line was so much cuter...Lala was much prettier? She looks kind of half hearted in this one...I suppose at least its a release I wont need!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

picklepud

« Reply #1242 on: February 16, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »
Finally snagged the Wolf sisters set yesterday.

Really loving Clawdeen.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 16, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »
I hope that new DT Laura is for real. I dislike most of them for one reason or another, but this one appears to have a great face and great hair.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 16, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »
I wonder if they'll stay with the new Draculaura look where she doesn't look like she's drooling.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal