collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have questions? We have answers!  (Read 44938 times)

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Re: Have questions? We have answers!
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
Several people have asked about donations to the site, and I wanted to let you guys know that we are working on it :)

It might take a week or two before we can get something set up, we have several issues to iron out before we get to that point!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »
Several people have asked about donations to the site, and I wanted to let you guys know that we are working on it :)

It might take a week or two before we can get something set up, we have several issues to iron out before we get to that point!

Thats great! Thanks for the update....good luck getting everything else sorted out!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »

3) my avatar has the "this photo has been moved" thingy from photobucket. even though it hasnt been moved

I had to manually go into my Profile and fix my avatar.  Some links got a little loopy in the switch over.  Try re-entering the URL in your profile.

i have tried that several times with different pics.... no luck :/

My photobucket did that to me a few months ago, on other sites as well.

The galleries will be back!
i dont have any problems posting any of my photobucket pics (see below). i only have problems where my avatar is concerned

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:35:10 PM by relcelestia »
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2012, 01:44:33 PM »

i dont have any problems posting any of my photobucket pics (see below). i only have problems where my avatar is concerned

Like Butterflybuttons, I had a similar problem with Photobucket regarding my avatar on another forum, and it only seemed to be a problem with my avatar, as all the other images I posted were fine.   Not to say that it is 100% something with PB, but can't rule it out completely.   It's gotten to the point where I save avatars to my harddrive and upload them to my profile from there.

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Offline relcelestia

• Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2012, 01:58:30 PM »

Like Butterflybuttons, I had a similar problem with Photobucket regarding my avatar on another forum, and it only seemed to be a problem with my avatar, as all the other images I posted were fine.   Not to say that it is 100% something with PB, but can't rule it out completely.   It's gotten to the point where I save avatars to my harddrive and upload them to my profile from there.
ok i will just do it that way then ^_^
thanks!!

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
excuse me for making a topic with my question too quick.
i should have read this first.. *blush*

here's the question:
I am a bit confused. Is feedback only visible when clicking on a members profile?
Or am i being impatient and will the feedback section come up later?

Thanks in advance!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2012, 02:11:46 PM »
I like how feedback is now calculated as positive, neutral, & negative rather than the star system before. It makes it much easier to see a members's over all percentage, rather than scrolling through everything to look for the blue stars.  :biggrin:

I was wondering if there's anyway to have feedback removed if the member was banned? I have one negative & the member who left it ended up getting banned for shady business & multiple id's. I don't feel that's it's fair to be negatively rated by a scammer. Also when I clicked on her name, her profile appeared to be the same as an active member profile. Because of that, I'm wondering if previously banned members may have slipped through the cracks in the massive transfer of information?

Offline relcelestia

• Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »
I guess this isn't a question, but more so a request.

Can the main banner be a link back to the forum index? :) It's the main way when I navigate on any page to get back to the "home" page.   

for me that is already the case... when i click on the mlp arena banner it takes me to the index... :)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
Will this layout remain the same? I'm slightly mourning the loss of the awesome old style layout. (obviously I'm not being pushy or trying to rush anything, just curious XD )

For the most part, yes it will. It's a whole different board creation, so they are all unique.

I hope some well designed themes will pop up than. Honestly, i feel the old arena layout looked a bit more "professional". O.O
Most forums use a layout like this these days. I will get used to it and i do like some of the new options but a part of me feels that, design-wise, the current arena took a step backwards. I guess nothing can be changed about it anymore though.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »
excuse me for making a topic with my question too quick.
i should have read this first.. *blush*

here's the question:
I am a bit confused. Is feedback only visible when clicking on a members profile?
Or am i being impatient and will the feedback section come up later?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback is on individual profiles now - you can search for members using the Members list above.

I like how feedback is now calculated as positive, neutral, & negative rather than the star system before. It makes it much easier to see a members's over all percentage, rather than scrolling through everything to look for the blue stars.  :biggrin:

I was wondering if there's anyway to have feedback removed if the member was banned? I have one negative & the member who left it ended up getting banned for shady business & multiple id's. I don't feel that's it's fair to be negatively rated by a scammer. Also when I clicked on her name, her profile appeared to be the same as an active member profile. Because of that, I'm wondering if previously banned members may have slipped through the cracks in the massive transfer of information?

You can contact Loa about getting that feedback removed. There were some glitches with banned members, but I have cleaned them all up now, so you shouldn't be seeing them anymore. If you are, please let me know.

Post Merge: January 15, 2012, 02:43:59 PM

Will this layout remain the same? I'm slightly mourning the loss of the awesome old style layout. (obviously I'm not being pushy or trying to rush anything, just curious XD )

For the most part, yes it will. It's a whole different board creation, so they are all unique.

I hope some well designed themes will pop up than. Honestly, i feel the old arena layout looked a bit more "professional". O.O
Most forums use a layout like this these days. I will get used to it and i do like some of the new options but a part of me feels that, design-wise, the current arena took a step backwards. I guess nothing can be changed about it anymore though.

We are working on trying to make it more homey, it's just going to take some time. This is only day 1, we're all learning. Our top priorities are making sure our data and settings are where they should be. Cosmetic updates are second.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:43:59 PM by Kiwi »
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »
Feedback : Is feedback all caught up ? I think I left feedback for someone on the temporary thread, but their feedback doesn't reflect that. (It looked like these feedbacks were being manually updated as of this morning). Should I give this person feedback on the new arena, or is it something that will be done?

So, does this mean the temporary feedbacks will eventually be added? or do we need to ask trade partners to leave feedback again?
Sorry, I'm just not quite clear on this....

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2012, 03:00:50 PM »
I got one that may be just me, is anyone else having probs loading photos? Cause mine loads pages super fast but crawls for photographs, I just want to know so if it is at my end, I can try to do something about it cause its driving me a tad mental :P

I can't get any of my pics to load from Photobucket.  What am I doing wrong??

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline sparkleset80

• Trade Count: (+178)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2012, 03:11:32 PM »
I was trying to catch up on leaving feedback and I sent one and it said an error occurred but it also said that it needed to be approved first... does that mean everything is ok, it just needs an approval?

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »
I got one that may be just me, is anyone else having probs loading photos? Cause mine loads pages super fast but crawls for photographs, I just want to know so if it is at my end, I can try to do something about it cause its driving me a tad mental :P

I can't get any of my pics to load from Photobucket.  What am I doing wrong??

Did you log in to photobucket in the little window that shows up when you reply?  Then you click on a picture from there and scroll to the bottom where it will give you the url.  Just copy-paste that  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2012, 04:13:19 PM »
Feedback : Is feedback all caught up ? I think I left feedback for someone on the temporary thread, but their feedback doesn't reflect that. (It looked like these feedbacks were being manually updated as of this morning). Should I give this person feedback on the new arena, or is it something that will be done?

So, does this mean the temporary feedbacks will eventually be added? or do we need to ask trade partners to leave feedback again?
Sorry, I'm just not quite clear on this....

I will double check with Loa, but I'm pretty sure the others will be manually added as we get caught up. We have to parse through it all to make sure none is duplicated (ie left in the thread and submitted through the regular system).

I was trying to catch up on leaving feedback and I sent one and it said an error occurred but it also said that it needed to be approved first... does that mean everything is ok, it just needs an approval?

Yup, all feedback has to be approved now.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal