collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have questions? We have answers!  (Read 45736 times)

Sam_rules

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Have questions? We have answers!
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »
I´m still not used to the new arena and I´m not sure if I really like this - but what are these G1, G2 and G3 buttons someone wrote about on page 3 or 4? I can´t see any Pony buttons, not even the pony smileys :(

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2012, 12:23:47 PM »
so i noticed that the old link now automatically links to this site ... which is great, except that I cant access any of the old posts..
for example, many people have thier wantlists hyperlinked in their sigs... but we cant see them cause it goes to the new index automatically instead

so can we put off the automatic redirect untill all the old posts are transfered?

Post Merge: January 19, 2012, 12:26:18 PM

I´m still not used to the new arena and I´m not sure if I really like this - but what are these G1, G2 and G3 buttons someone wrote about on page 3 or 4? I can´t see any Pony buttons, not even the pony smileys :(
its not on the smiley section. its in icon next to the subject of the thread. you can add it to a new thread or you can have it on your reply *points up to the "thumbs up" icon i added to this reply*.
the old arena had them too, but now we have more options such as a G1,2,3,4 icon.

also, the pony smileys are visable when you click on the [more] link under the regular smileys. smileys are not avalable in a "quick reply" only on a normal reply
hope that makes sense! :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:31:03 PM by relcelestia »
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Sam_rules

« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »

Post Merge: January 19, 2012, 12:26:18 PM

its not on the smiley section. its in icon next to the subject of the thread. you can add it to a new thread or you can have it on your reply *points up to the "thumbs up" icon i added to this reply*.
the old arena had them too, but now we have more options such as a G1,2,3,4 icon.

also, the pony smileys are visable when you click on the [more] link under the regular smileys. smileys are not avalable in a "quick reply" only on a normal reply
hope that makes sense! :)
I have these little boxes with a red x next to the reply where an icon should be. And when I click on "more" under ths line of smileys, there are the same boxes and no pony smileys. Only the usual ones ... maybe they are only shy and will show up in the next days :)

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »
so i noticed that the old link now automatically links to this site ... which is great, except that I cant access any of the old posts..
for example, many people have thier wantlists hyperlinked in their sigs... but we cant see them cause it goes to the new index automatically instead

so can we put off the automatic redirect untill all the old posts are transfered?

I am going to ask the same thing as Rel, the only Classifieds we have are the Archived versions at the old Arena
and people who are trying to look at my Ponies are being redirected back here.
 I am working at getting my photo bucket set up to act as classifieds for my future pony Sales, but can we please leave the old site so people can still look.  I don't know when there will be classifieds here and I really hate selling on ebay if I can avoid that. :cry:

Also my right mouse click does not let me correct my spelling errors on here and I am not finding spell check on the buttons above.  I am sure there is one, directions please?
:dumbpc:
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 19, 2012, 07:17:37 PM »
I meant to ask about the spell check, too, as it is driving me crazy when Firefox lets me know I misspelled something, but I can't fix it by right-clicking on a word. :help:

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2012, 03:11:11 AM »
This is probably just a minor thing but when on the forum default theme/MLP_pink theme the icon for read messages (in My Messages) doesn't work, it's just a red x.

Edit:
I have another problem. When I log in from the index page I get the message that my password is incorrect and I have to log in again. This is even though I know for sure I haven't typed it wrong. If I log in from another page there is no problem, only on the index page :huh: . It is rather annoying as the index page is where I usually log in. It has been like this since day one but I was hoping it would go away. It will log me in from the index page if I already have been logged in and then have logged out and then log in again within the same browser session. I don't know if it's a bug? Is anyone else having this problem?

Aand one more minor thing  :blush: . When I'm replying to a message and I click Preview, the preview page jumps to the smilys/text area in the Modify message section and not the preview just above it. It would be nice if it jumped to the preview  ;) .
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:01:26 AM by The_Loner »

Bee-chan

« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
When you saved the link to the arena in your favorites, did you save it before or after you logged in? I had that happen to me too and had to go back and delete the previous favorites listing and save it again after I logged in.

AH! That worked! I had the same problem as well, but your advice seems to have worked. All I did after I saw the initial redirect to the new address was simply edit the old favorites location. Guess that was part of the problem.

Post Merge: January 20, 2012, 02:34:25 PM

One more question about the new Feedback / Trader system:

When I tried to leave feedback for MissSleepless ( she sold me an aaaadorable UK G3 Stylin' fakie and tossed in 4 extra Dolly Mix ponies! EE! X3 ), I received a message saying that the feedback had to be approved before it could go live.

Feedback needs to be approved now before anyone can see it?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:34:25 PM by Bee-chan »

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2012, 06:18:06 PM »
i checked the log in forever option, and everytime i go away from the arena and come back, it says i'm logged out. thus making me only put in my user name to log in without a password.

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2012, 07:05:11 PM »
Will we ever be able to access the old WYP posts? There was a thread that was on my mind from before the transition, but I can't access it anymore. It wasn't a big deal until I realized that I have some old WYP threads I'd like to be able to eventually access (when my grandfather passed away, when I lost my dog and then my kitty....) You know, kind of like a diary. Will those posts eventually be archived somewhere that they can be accessed? Thanks for all of your hard work Mods! :)

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2012, 08:16:19 PM »
All the old threads will eventually be moved over here.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2012, 09:22:55 PM »
I meant to ask about the spell check, too, as it is driving me crazy when Firefox lets me know I misspelled something, but I can't fix it by right-clicking on a word. :help:

I had that same issue earlier. I wonder if it's related to the problem I keep running into where I can't paste in a reply most of the time, which makes posting links or photos a pain. Both of those things work sometimes (like right now, I was able to right-click on NightWing's name and it gave me the spell check options), but earlier when I was replying to another thread, it wasn't working. It seems random, but I'm sure there's some kind of thing that determines if it's going to work or not.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »

I had that same issue earlier. I wonder if it's related to the problem I keep running into where I can't paste in a reply most of the time, which makes posting links or photos a pain. Both of those things work sometimes (like right now, I was able to right-click on NightWing's name and it gave me the spell check options), but earlier when I was replying to another thread, it wasn't working. It seems random, but I'm sure there's some kind of thing that determines if it's going to work or not.

When you're in the post/edit/preview screen, there is a button that looks like an arrow to the far right.  That toggles the "view" on and off.  When it's on, you can see your smilies, colors, bold, etc right there.  But you can't right-click.  Just click it to toggle it off by clicking that arrow again.  This will turn all of your text to BBCode and you will be able to right click again  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Shorelines

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2012, 02:35:11 AM »
oh, i see now.
but i am pretty active around here, i thought i would have more squares, lol.

intressteing :)

i really like the Trade Count :)
i really need to get better to give feedback... i tend to forget that
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:36:43 AM by Shorelines »

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2012, 05:06:23 AM »
I have another question:
How do you tell which posts in a thread are new posts you haven't read yet? On the old Arena the new posts had a different color icon but here the icons are the same. Isn't there a way to tell the unread posts from the read ones?

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »
new question~

Will the Nirvana spotlights come back in the Nirvana section?

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal