collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is this? (Alicorn Rainbow Dash - KO?)  (Read 809 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What is this? (Alicorn Rainbow Dash - KO?)
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 09:50:41 AM »
I wonder if the body is hollow or not, if its not I wonder if one could take an exacto knife and carefully carve the bumps and leg tab off and sand it down xD I think it would cause the area to be whiteish though as plastic tends to do if its stretched or stressed...

I agree this is the DaP princess Luna mould minus those tumors and leg tab, im actually holding her right now and comparing her wings, body, bottom of whooves, it all matches! :) The legs on this girl look bent like the walking pose, maybe because of cheap pvc, heat, and storage.That head is so baffling though! It looks similar to DaP Lunas head shape but if you take her hair off, there no horn!!!! O_o
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:56:44 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 10:41:28 AM »
To me there is something weird about her eyes....she just doesn't look Rainbow Dash even if she has RD's cutie mark...

She popped up in another thread as others have mentioned. If she did nothing else, she helped confirm for 100% that the other fashion style ponies we have seen recently [starting with those with the Pinkie Pie Chinese New Year] are all fakies as well.

Sorry to hijack the thread.....but were there some G4zilla fakes????? I have the Pinkie Pie Chinese New Year and she's *big* lol!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 05:16:49 PM »
She popped up in another thread as others have mentioned. If she did nothing else, she helped confirm for 100% that the other fashion style ponies we have seen recently [starting with those with the Pinkie Pie Chinese New Year] are all fakies as well.

The head mould is interesting though - I still cant quite work out where that is taken from. Unless thats what the Luna head looks like under the moulded hair and its just so different I am not recognising it.
I doubt that is the mold from DaP Luna. Why do I say this? Because I've taken apart DaP Fluttershy and believe me they would have to have done some reconstruction of the head where the hair sits! and since they didn't bother removing the molded parts that held the hair to the body... yeah

Yeah...it doesnt look right but I couldnt visualise the head without the moulded hair so thought perhaps I was just being silly. I do wonder where they case it from as I cant think of any Hasbro release in this size with that head but I am probably just over looking something really obvious. Hey...maybe they just did it all themselves!

To me there is something weird about her eyes....she just doesn't look Rainbow Dash even if she has RD's cutie mark...

Sorry to hijack the thread.....but were there some G4zilla fakes????? I have the Pinkie Pie Chinese New Year and she's *big* lol!

Not the Styling Size/G4Zillas, the other fakies are of the Fashion Style size :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 01:58:27 AM »
I got Twilight and Rainbow Dash off Taobao :D Now I have to wait for them to arrive ^^

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 05:26:46 AM »

The head mould is interesting though - I still cant quite work out where that is taken from. Unless thats what the Luna head looks like under the moulded hair and its just so different I am not recognising it.
I doubt that is the mold from DaP Luna. Why do I say this? Because I've taken apart DaP Fluttershy and believe me they would have to have done some reconstruction of the head where the hair sits! and since they didn't bother removing the molded parts that held the hair to the body... yeah

Yeah...it doesnt look right but I couldnt visualise the head without the moulded hair so thought perhaps I was just being silly. I do wonder where they case it from as I cant think of any Hasbro release in this size with that head but I am probably just over looking something really obvious. Hey...maybe they just did it all themselves!
What about the talking Celestia or NMM? Wouldn't their heads work? I don't own any of the talking sizes so I don't have a size comparison XD

Post Merge: June 02, 2014, 05:29:31 AM

nvm their horns are way too rounded... hmmm
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:29:31 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 06:42:17 AM »
Have these popped up again on taobao yet?  I really want these!  ^^;

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 06:50:06 AM »

What about the talking Celestia or NMM? Wouldn't their heads work? I don't own any of the talking sizes so I don't have a size comparison XD

Post Merge: June 02, 2014, 05:29:31 AM

nvm their horns are way too rounded... hmmm

I sense this is going to perplex us for some time :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 08:02:42 AM »
Have these popped up again on taobao yet?  I really want these!  ^^;
I think m ango has two.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal