collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bronycon Summer Vendors Hall artwork  (Read 426 times)

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
Bronycon Summer Vendors Hall artwork
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:29:13 AM »
And with permission given, I can now post this online!

Wendy, the Design Coodinator from Bronycon Summer, approached me, asking if I would create the artwork for the conventions Vendors Hall ( Vendors Hall consists of artists, musicians, and company vendors ).

It IS my first attempt at doing my own take on the show style for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and everything was originally hand sketched, tight pencils and india ink and brush done on cardstock. But to stay true-ish to the shows style, I imported the scanned inks into Illustrator, vectorized them, cleaned up all of those tiny as hell nodes *twitch!*, and did simple flat colors. Nothing fancy shmancy like my regular vector art. XP

And yes, there is a MAJOR pony tribute to a certain fictional vendor here! Cabbage Salespony!

...you know I had to do something in tribute to Cabbage Salesman from Avatar: the Last Airbender. Yes, I AM an Avatard!

That being said, no crashing into ANY vendors, artists, or musicians tables this year at Bronycon Summer, please! Dun make us throw fakies or cabbages at ya. XP

----------

Don't forget to stop by my table in the Vendors Hall / artist alley! I'll be selling my prints, stickers, phone and keychain charms, and taking on site commission orders. I MIGHT even attempt to draw in the show style again *TWITCH!*. MIGHT! Big might!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~~Bee

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Bronycon Summer Vendors Hall artwork
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »
That's awesome!!!  The picture is really cute, I love the orange uni  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Bee-chan

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:30:25 PM »
That's awesome!!!  The picture is really cute, I love the orange uni  :)

Heh, thanks!

He's actually very much inspired by G3 Wishawhirl, at least in colors. Her colors just seemed to stand out the most from my own collection, and the color scheme for the conventions posters DOES call for some pretty intense colors. ^_^
 http://www.strawberryreef.com/Index/Name/wishawhirl.html

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 04:18:04 AM »
lovely work! :) that will make an amazing artwork for the vendors hall^^

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

Offline Tinker

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bwahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 01:12:33 AM »
That is awesome that they approached you. I'm not surprised though, your work is gorgeous.

I hope you get hecka recognition at the con. Can you show the original pre-vectored artwork?

Bee-chan

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 06:08:08 AM »
That is awesome that they approached you. I'm not surprised though, your work is gorgeous.

I hope you get hecka recognition at the con. Can you show the original pre-vectored artwork?

The inks? Yeah, I can. Probably won't get to post it until after this coming weekend, as this weekend is AnimeNEXT, and I'm mad-crunching to get stuff for my artist alley table finished to sell. Argh! Pre-convention week stress! *headdesk*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal