collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 46855 times)

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is hasbrotoyshop down for anyone else right now?
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2012, 06:33:39 AM »
Wow, what did you do with THIRTEEN superponies? o.O

I've been stalking the Hasbro shop since yesterday, although I caved and bought one already from Ebay.  I didn't want her to fly away and never have a chance to catch her for myself.

Flutterblossom

« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2012, 06:34:12 AM »
Good luck with Hasbro Toy Shop.  It gets really slow every year, what with everyone who collects any kind of Hasbro toy trying to get on there.   My computer kept freezing on the "credit card confirmation" part they year the red superhero SDCC pony came out.  I tried again and again, but I didn't get any confirmation notices or reach the "order confirmed!" page . . .

Then I was charged hundreds of dollars on my credit card and THIRTEEN red superponies arrived on my doorstep.

(Which was still less than a quarter of my attempts to order her--yes, the site was that bad and slow.)

Oh my gosh that's terrible! What did you do with the remaining 12 ponies?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2012, 06:34:59 AM »
Good luck with Hasbro Toy Shop.  It gets really slow every year, what with everyone who collects any kind of Hasbro toy trying to get on there.   My computer kept freezing on the "credit card confirmation" part they year the red superhero SDCC pony came out.  I tried again and again, but I didn't get any confirmation notices or reach the "order confirmed!" page . . .

Then I was charged hundreds of dollars on my credit card and THIRTEEN red superponies arrived on my doorstep.

(Which was still less than a quarter of my attempts to order her--yes, the site was that bad and slow.)

WOW, that's ridiculous. I hope you were able to get some of the money back!

I contacted Hasbro in a panic after I got the credit card bill and they told me I could return them if I wanted and they would pay shipping and refund me.  (I think customer service was secretly amused.)  But in the end I kept them all because it was just so neat seeing them all lined up.  They did send me the right amount of ponies for the charge, it was just that there were SO MANY of them, it added up.

I also paid a lot of shipping and handling because they sent each one of the thirteen ponies in its own box.  Ha ha, Hasbro!

Wow, what did you do with THIRTEEN superponies? o.O

I've been stalking the Hasbro shop since yesterday, although I caved and bought one already from Ebay.  I didn't want her to fly away and never have a chance to catch her for myself.

I still have them!   :happy:
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2012, 06:35:10 AM »
I've given up on my pre-seller, as he remains unresponsive and has listed an "in hand" pony that is currently going for around $80.  I think I'm going to have to file an ebay claim against him. 

So...here's hoping I can snag one on the website ^_^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2012, 06:36:10 AM »
I hope you took pics of 13 ponies all lined up! I would've loved to see that!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2012, 06:36:40 AM »
Hasbro toy shop is giving me a major case of the sads.  So is my unresponsive preseller.  I'm going to go stare at all the ponies I DO have to remind myself that no matter how much I want Best Pony, I have a crapload of ponies, and don't actually *need* any more.

Haha, yeah, I'm the same way.

I'm actually not a big fan of Ditzy. I collect art/con ponies so I want her for that reason alone, but I won't be too bummed if I don't get her. I was actually pretty disappointed that she wasn't an art pony. I don't mind that she's G4--a G4 art pony would be pretty cool!--but Ditzy isn't exactly... artistic. She was mostly a gift to the bronies/fans, which is great, but I would have liked for her to be a regular release instead and have Hasbro stick to the art ponies.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Flutterblossom

« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2012, 06:36:55 AM »
I hope you took pics of 13 ponies all lined up! I would've loved to see that!

Hehe, me too!  ;)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2012, 06:41:43 AM »

:shocked: 13?! Guess you got your pony, at least! Out of curiousity, do you remeber how soon after the Con she was released? Trying to get a rough estimate of when this little lady will finally make her appearance!

Well, I know it was a weekday because I was at work and had to order them on the sly, which only made it more frustrating when the order wouldn't go through!

*checks inbox*  Oh Yahoo Mail, I knew there was a reason I never, ever cleaned you out!  It looks like all my orders shipped on 8/1/07, and were ordered 7/30/07, which was a Monday, the Monday after the convention.

Yes, it's coming back to me now . . . It wasn't actually the credit card charge that tipped me off, it was getting thirteen "Your order has shipped!" emails at once.  (Me:  "WHAT.")
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:44:04 AM by LadyMoondancer »

Flutterblossom

« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2012, 06:42:32 AM »
I would like to apologize for bringing up the :muffin: Pony subject. I feel really bad and I've learned my lesson, so I promise not to do it ever again. I hope you don't think any less of me.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2012, 06:44:23 AM »
I went into my Gmail and found the receipt from last year's Comic Con pony order. I did the same thing that year, camping out and refreshing the page every 5 minutes, so I'm pretty sure the time on the email is approximately the time she showed up for sale. The date was 7/26/11, which was a Tuesday. I didn't really remember (though yesterday I had a feeling of deja vu) until now, but I waited all day Monday, only to have to do it again on Tuesday last year. The purchase time did surprise me, though. According to the receipt, I made the purchase at 2:18PM (Central time) that day. So we may still have several hours to wait.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2012, 06:45:41 AM »
haha, as frustrating as that must have been, it's a great story, LadyMoondancer! I'm petrified of that happening to me whenever one of my orders doesn't go through the first time. I'm jealous of all your superponies.

And Flutterblossom, I wouldn't worry about it! :) We are all camping out for Ditzy in this thread, so I don't think it's odd that anyone brought the subject up.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2012, 06:46:49 AM »
My orders in 2007 were made around 2:00 PM as well.

Edit:  2:00 PM Pacific Time, I should add.  (Two hours later than Eastern Time.)

But I thiiiink I went to lunch first and came back and saw they had added her, so it may have really been an hour or two earlier than that.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:55:36 AM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2012, 06:47:59 AM »
I would like to apologize for bringing up the Ditzy Doo subject. I feel really bad and I've learned my lesson, so I promise not to do it ever again. I hope you don't think any less of me.
S'all good. At the end of the day, we're all just here to camp out for plastic haired equine figures. No big deal.

Well with that info in mind, I'd say that it's gotta be today. I haven't heard of the pony being released on a Wednesday yet, so fingers crossed for the thounsandth time!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2012, 06:49:54 AM »
My orders in 2007 were made around 2:00 PM as well.

Ok, then maybe we have an approximate time, then? Not that I'm going to go do something else between now and then just in case (knowing my luck, they'd add her early just because I wasn't on the site) but it's nice to know about when to expect her to show up.

Flutterblossom

« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2012, 06:50:19 AM »
Somebody said earlier that it would be around 12 EST, and some of you guys said 2, so I guess 12-2 pm EST is the approximate time.

And thanks to everyone who accepted my apology! You guys made me feel a lot better!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:51:59 AM by Flutterblossom »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal