collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Horrible Quality Hanks from DollyHair  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
Re: Horrible Quality Hanks from DollyHair
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »
Littlekirara, this was one of the random hanks that you received. Random hanks are supposed to contain at least as much hair as a MLP hank or RD hank, and the tangled hank that you received was equivalent to more hair than a MLP hank. While I realize that it is very tangled (and much more tangled than our random hanks commonly are), you really should be able to brush it out and find a good amount of useable hair. Also, this hank looks much more tangled now than it did before it was packaged, so I think the fact that it was so scrunched up in the bag is to blame for that. It looks more tangled than it really is.

The website states that the random hanks may be slightly tangled. Please keep in mind that these are secondhand hanks, and they have many imperfections. While I didn't think that the hank is too tangled to you to be able to use at least some of it, I do admit that it's more tangled than any of the random hanks usually are. Please email me at [email protected] with your mailing address, and I'll send a replacement random hank to you.

As far as that 4g hank that you're mentioning, did it have a "free gift" sticker on it? if not, then it could actually have been an extra random hank that was sent to you accidentally. If that's the case, and, therefore, since I don't know what kind of hair it was, the weight is really not an arguable point because different types of hair have different densities. If it did have a "free gift" sticker on it, however, then it was probably a nylon MLP hank if that's what you ordered a lot of in the "normal" part of your order, in which case it should definitely have been around the 15-17 grram mark. All of the nylon MLP hanks, even the ones given away as free gifts, are within that weight range. Therefore, if it did, indeed, weigh only 4 grams, then I have to assume that it was something else.

I don't really understand why this was an issue for a public forum. I would have been happy to rectify the issue with you through email.

Post Merge: July 09, 2013, 12:19:00 PM

Something similar happened to me but my package was damaged in the mail. It got caught up in the rollers and destroyed several of the hanks. Tina got back to me quickly and she did replace them even though it wasn't her fault and she wasn't really obligated to do so. So, I'd say don't give up on a happy and peaceful resolution. :)

I didn't think about the actual mail rollers at the post. Those things are TERRIBLE about ruining things in flat envelopes... it could be the case for those.

Seconding the fact that it's lame you got 6 hanks of diarrhea brown... :huh: (okay, lol it's not that bad, but kinda looks like it since it's all frizzed up!)

Diarrhea brown? LOL, the tangled hank is "golden goddess." It's actually really pretty ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[email protected]

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 12:22:16 PM »
Um...sorry, but when I (for one) buy something for a project, I expect it to arrive in useable condition. :/

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 12:36:09 PM »
Um...sorry, but when I (for one) buy something for a project, I expect it to arrive in useable condition. :/
This. That's not a little tangled, that's a completely unusable hank. While a few knots are expected that hank shouldn't have been sent out as a usable product. Even after brushing I don't see that hank getting more than 10 plugs at best. And the fact that you knew it was tangled and sent it out anyway doesn't make things much better.

Duster reference]

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 12:44:32 PM »
sorry but that condition is NOT useable.  and the color is atrocious. yuck.   

i would never send a customer a ratsnest under the name of a hank of hair.
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 12:44:49 PM »

I totally agree. I'm sorry, but that's absolutely shocking. If it were me ordering, that would be unacceptable. That's not usable, seriously! You'd lose what, 40% if not more of the hair by 'brushing it out' and as Corona says, it makes it all the worse that it was known to be tangled prior to sending. That's really, really sad. :(
I'm going to order from the UK warehouse from now on. I don't want to risk that happening.

And the hank colour is revolting. As Russell Howard would say "Liquid.....***" Leave the rest up to your imagination XD

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 12:47:17 PM »
Littlekirara, this was one of the random hanks that you received. Random hanks are supposed to contain at least as much hair as a MLP hank or RD hank, and the tangled hank that you received was equivalent to more hair than a MLP hank. While I realize that it is very tangled (and much more tangled than our random hanks commonly are), you really should be able to brush it out and find a good amount of useable hair. Also, this hank looks much more tangled now than it did before it was packaged, so I think the fact that it was so scrunched up in the bag is to blame for that. It looks more tangled than it really is.

The website states that the random hanks may be slightly tangled. Please keep in mind that these are secondhand hanks, and they have many imperfections. While I didn't think that the hank is too tangled to you to be able to use at least some of it, I do admit that it's more tangled than any of the random hanks usually are. Please email me at [email protected] with your mailing address, and I'll send a replacement random hank to you.

As far as that 4g hank that you're mentioning, did it have a "free gift" sticker on it? if not, then it could actually have been an extra random hank that was sent to you accidentally. If that's the case, and, therefore, since I don't know what kind of hair it was, the weight is really not an arguable point because different types of hair have different densities. If it did have a "free gift" sticker on it, however, then it was probably a nylon MLP hank if that's what you ordered a lot of in the "normal" part of your order, in which case it should definitely have been around the 15-17 grram mark. All of the nylon MLP hanks, even the ones given away as free gifts, are within that weight range. Therefore, if it did, indeed, weigh only 4 grams, then I have to assume that it was something else.

I don't really understand why this was an issue for a public forum. I would have been happy to rectify the issue with you through email.

Post Merge: July 09, 2013, 12:19:00 PM

Something similar happened to me but my package was damaged in the mail. It got caught up in the rollers and destroyed several of the hanks. Tina got back to me quickly and she did replace them even though it wasn't her fault and she wasn't really obligated to do so. So, I'd say don't give up on a happy and peaceful resolution. :)

I didn't think about the actual mail rollers at the post. Those things are TERRIBLE about ruining things in flat envelopes... it could be the case for those.

Seconding the fact that it's lame you got 6 hanks of diarrhea brown... :huh: (okay, lol it's not that bad, but kinda looks like it since it's all frizzed up!)

Diarrhea brown? LOL, the tangled hank is "golden goddess." It's actually really pretty ;)

She still got six hanks colored the same. . .  That doesn't sound random.  And I don't think your message addresses any of the problems, if not even sounds a weebit. . .  Condescending?   The pictures show a rats nest, and as a doll restorer who works with defrizzing and resetting doll wigs ( saran, nylon, mohair, you name it ) that is not something I would want to mess with, and doesn't look like a lot of which is salvageable.  It also looks very thin about the tie.  That doesn't look to be a very large hank to me!  It looks about the thickness of a single G1 tail. 

And whether it's 'pretty or not,' she shouldn't have gotten six hanks of it out of, what was it, 10?  That's ridiculous.  Sounds like you just gave her a bunch of overstock, because apparently it's not very popular and isn't at all that pretty.  I've had unreasonable customers ( former business owner here!  I did doll repair and selling dolls and selling vintage parts, wigs, etc ) but I do not believe the OP is being unreasonable.  I would've been angry, and would want others to see!  I was thinking about trying some rehairing, and had been looking at your business page and had seen that whole random thing.  Honestly, after seeing this, I, in no way, would ever want to do business with you.  It's not even the bad product, because, yes, accidents happen, but the response is so highly unapologetic, and basically says the OP is wrong this and wrong that, and it can be salvaged ( when she shouldn't have to salvage a product she purchased that should've been in usable condition from the get go ) just isn't good business practice.  An apology to LittleKirara would've sufficed and something along the lines of, "Message me and we'll get this all sorted," would've been the correct route. :/ 

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 12:48:46 PM »
MiRaja: Very well written. Yes, I think an apology would go a long way.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:50:50 PM by Icecrystalline »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 02:38:48 PM »
I'm so sorry Tina! I didn't mean any disrespect! :blush: I actually bought a hank of Golden Goddess from you not too long ago and it is much prettier in person, I just meant because it was all tangled... :lol:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 02:57:14 PM »
and the OP shouldnt have to restore something she bought from you dollyhair.  thats unacceptable business practice. and the fact you said she should at least be able to use most of what you sent her..   um shouldnt she be able to use 100 percent of a purchased product?  i for one am NEVER going to pay to use 40% of something i have bought.  putting you on my do not deal list.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:01:53 PM by babylicketysplit »
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 03:11:03 PM »
While I realize that it is very tangled (and much more tangled than our random hanks commonly are)

The random hanks are commenly tangled? Really? That's terrible. You should say that somewhere on this site.

The website states that the random hanks may be slightly tangled. Please keep in mind that these are secondhand hanks, and they have many imperfections.

Where?

Quote from: Dollyhair Website
BACK AGAIN!

ONE RANDOM BAG OF DOLL HAIR! NOTICE- these bags are only being sold in bulk - it's $10.00 for 5 hanks. You may only purchase them in groups of 5.

We have some odds and ends of secondhand doll hair that we just can't sell on the site. This is either because they contain odd amounts of hair, or because they contain blended colors that may not be requested by a customer again for a long time. So rather than just let them sit around, we're selling them here. The photos on the left are some of our actual secondhand bags. To give you an idea of their size, each bag measures 6" by 4".

The random bags of doll hair are sold for $2.00 apiece, and we GUARANTEE that the same amount of doll hair would normally sell on the site for anywhere between $2.50 and $18.50 (the average bag being worth about $5.00 - $6.00), so you'll be getting a discount no matter what!

NOW, the hair that you receive in these bags could be saran, nylon, acetate, polypropylene, curly, straight, whatever. It is totally random. You are completely welcome to make requests in the OPTIONAL text box below (for instance, "please send only saran hair", or "please give me mostly blonde hair," and we will HONESTLY make our best possible effort to fulfill your requests, but we make NO GUARANTEES that you will receive what you ask for. Think of it as a surprise!

RANDOM GRAB BAG OF DOLL HAIR- $10.00 for 5 hanks

If you have a request,
please type it here. If
you'd like us to surprise
you, please leave the
space blank.   

note: "quantity 1" below means you're ordering 5 hanks for $10.00. So if you change the quantity to 2, for instance, then you'll be ordering 10 hanks for $20.00.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »
Actually I was just gonna ask that Black, as I just logged on to check it out and put in my order... (I still use DH...) and I read that, and was about to post the same question, where /does/ it say that the hanks are tangled? :huh:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »
oh, geez, did you try to comb it? O-O
sure, its totally not okay because you might not be to get it straigth ever again, but the restorer in me wants to brush them. XD

Yes! I tried desperately to save one of the hanks last night, trying to make something out of them! I even tried conditioning it with pantene!

I'd ask for a 50% refund and if she fails to actually do it, file through paypal for goods significantly not as described.
I used my credit card not paypal, and they are really a pain in the rear end to file with >_< (but if I have to I will).

I emailed her yesterday, and still haven't heard from her -_-.

Something similar happened to me but my package was damaged in the mail. It got caught up in the rollers and destroyed several of the hanks.

It was such a large order that it was sent in a box, not an envelope, and the box was in perfect condition so there's NO way it could have been the rollers. If I honestly thought there was any possible way that this could have happened during shipment then I would just let it go.

it looks like it was packed with a very annoyed cat :S  and did you say that 6 of 10 "random" colours were all the same? that's lame!

Yeah I only got 2 colors out of the deal. 6 of the tangled diarrhea brown hanks :yikes: (which is their official name now, thank you Sunshine :rofl:) and 4 weird neon lime green saran hanks (none of them were labeled, which is kinda lame so you have to kinda guess what they are) its not on her website but it really feels like saran, but whatever they are at least they are useable!
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »
While I realize that it is very tangled (and much more tangled than our random hanks commonly are)

The random hanks are commenly tangled? Really? That's terrible. You should say that somewhere on this site.

quote]

NO. the random hanks are not commonly tangled. I said that the hank that Littlekirara received is much more tangled than the random hanks commonly are. They are commonly NOT tangled at all. Once in a while, there will be a small tangle here and there.

After doing a cursory reading of all of the posts that have vome in since my reply, I do agree with the majority of the statements that I've read. I apologize to Littlekiara, and I understand why everyone is saying that the hank is unuseable.

Like I said, it looked much more useable to me before it was put in the plastic baggie. I really believe that many of you are perceiving the hair to be much more tangled than it really is, due to it having been scrunched up in the bag.

Once again, it is a RARITY for me to send random hanks that are this tangled. What happened was that I was spinning a spool of golden goddess, and the hair started coming off the spool incorrectly - too many strands were coming off at once. Rather than throw away all of this hair that was, in my opinion, useable to at least a certain extent, I put large amounts of it in the random bags, knowing that some of it would be unsalvageable, but that some of it would be.

As far as the website mentioning that the random hanks could possibly be slightly tangled, I stand corrected. I could have sworn that I'd mentioned that customers may end up with a slight tangle here and there. But you're right - it's nowhere on the page of the site that sells the random hanks. I apologize.

HONESTLY, if one of them does have a slight tangle here or there, it's really so minor that it's not even worth mentioning.

if Littlekirara received six of these tangled golden goddess hanks, then I have to assume that she ordered at least ten random hanks, since you can only order them in groups of five. So she was sent six golden goddess hanks and four hanks in other colors. Miraja says that she got six hanks of the same color, and that doesn't sound random. Well, the colors that people receive are random. It's a matter of what we have in the secondhand bin, and on the day that we shipped Littlekirara's order, that's what was in the bin.

I'll replace all six hanks for Littlekiara. I really feel like this whole thing has been blown out of proportion. But unfortunately, these days, blowout situations have become much more common on the Arena than they once were. I really think that this could have been handled privately. Bottom line, this is a rare situation and I am willing to replace the hair because I want Littlekiara to be happy with her purchase. Does this topic really need to be discussed any further?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:56:12 PM by Dollyhair »

[email protected]

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »
Man, that is unacceptable. Completely unacceptable.  That hair is unusable and completely not what is advertised on the site.

And the response from the seller is also less than satisfactory. The arena has a trader support section for a reason. It is well within the OPs rights to come here and post about a poor transaction and bad product that she received.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:01:57 PM by NoDivision »

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 04:02:57 PM »
Wow. The seller's condescending and unprofessional essays deflecting responsibility and snidely making everyone else to be the bad guy are astounding and not in a good way.

If that's the customer service I'd be getting from Dollyhair, I think my money is best spent elsewhere.

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal