collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Killy's non MLP art thread  (Read 13717 times)

Arkillian

• Trade Count: (0)
Killy's non MLP art thread
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:47:16 AM »
My first thread seems to have gotten gobbled up by the forum change so here's to try two.

I don't know if people are interested in seeing my art as I don't draw My Little Pony. I'm here cause I've gotten into customizing them. I'm not too great at drawing horses right now. If I get time I'll learn but right now I'm just about drawing humans.

So yeah- if you're keen to see more, then tell me. I don't know how appropriate linking this stuff is >.>

Here's a small taste of my stuff anyways. If you want to see more, my art is all on Deviantart

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fanart of Tiger and Bunny, one of my newest favorite fandoms. When I first draw a fandom I go off a picture so I can get the feel of the characters. The power armour I definitely had to copy (which is sad cause it's cool, but my brain HATES drawing it. Bored me to tears. Never again >.< ), but the stuff that isn't the lineart for the armour is all me. Done in copic markers on Bristol Board, A5 in size.

For a meme, I re did one of my old pictures (a 10 year old picture to be exact). This was a picture I still loved today, so I thought it was the best to redo. It's of 3 characters from my story 'Dragon Twins'. The guy with the two tone hair comes from an apocalyptic future to rewrite history and fulfill a prophecy of the 'Dragon Twins' destroying evil in their world. In this picture, Bryan is holding his father in his arms, and facing against the Drakobitus, a boy who has a reincarnated spirit of pure evil inside of him. The background is of the new future version of his father, and the Drakobitus. It's... about the simplest explination of this picture I can muster T.T Media is Polychromos coloured pencil on Hahnemuhle Stella card, A4 in size

Currently my avatar (although this may change?)- David Tennant as the 10th Doctor. This picture was meant to be for a critique on how to make a picture look more... Tennanty. I quickly realized though that this guy is impossible to draw in realism without pulling your hair out XD This was the best I could do without getting bald patches. Done with Cretacolor woodless pencils on Hahnemuhle Stella card. A5 in size.

Rosella from King's Quest. Phoenix online are making a fangame for King's Quest called 'A Silver Lining' where Rosella was going to wear this outfit. They canned the scene with that dress in it which made me cry cause it's SO PRETTY. So yeah... I drew fan art of an outfit TuT. And since Rosella digs up graves in all of her games, I thought I'd make fun of it. This is called 'Rosella the grave digger XD Done in Copic markers on Bristol board, A5 in size.

So yeah- donno if people want to see my hooman arts here. Please tell me if you are interested. If there is interest then maybe I'll join the community more with human arts? ^^; OR I'll try ponies when I get time in between drawing comics? XD Lol.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:28:51 PM by Arkillian »

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
Re: Killy's art thread try 2
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:58:09 AM »
i love your art! you're amazing at drawing humans - it's something i just can't do well...
i'm so watching you on deviantart. ^^

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

Arkillian

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 04:23:08 AM »
Thank you Lina ^^ It's been something I've always enjoyed drawing. I write alot of stories... or use to O.o I do comics now. I guess that's where my art leans to alot- Story driven, expressive stuff. Expression is SO important to me :)

Here's my comic art as and example

This is a page from my current comic, Narcolepsy! A story about a girl that can wander the dream realm. the guy just got woken up from her shaking him awake. He's... kinda Narcoleptic. What's really cool is I talked to an ACTUAL narcoleptic that had this happen to them and they had the same reaction. True story. Had no idea either XD It was an awesome reaction guess XD

IT's a fun thing I do as a hobby though. I love drawing and writing and the two work so well together :) Comic making can be addictive when you get into it ^^

Offline Lina

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 08:06:17 AM »
hah, yeah, i wish i could draw comics...but i'm not patient enough. i admire you for being able to do it...

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:45:30 AM »
Very cute!! Nice work!

Arkillian

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »
hah, yeah, i wish i could draw comics...but i'm not patient enough. i admire you for being able to do it...

Comics work isn't really a patience thing. IF you're capable of drawing a picture then that's all comics are- lots of pictures. You learn very quick to be able to draw people on different angles. It's awesome practice :) I guess the next hurdle after that is being a writer but really, you don't have to be the writer and artist. I happen to do both in my comics cause I can, but I know plenty of people that have their own writers. It's good practice to do your own anyways if you're not selling it :)

Thanks though you guys ^^

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »
You are so talented, I love all of your pictures!  Your comics look great too  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Arkillian

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
Thank you, Zenna :) Although I'm not sure how interested this site would be in future art from me >.> I mean, I'd love to get involved with the community, but being one of the few that don't draw ponies or animals of some kind, I feel sort of alien here in a way :(

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 07:05:40 PM »
Thank you, Zenna :) Although I'm not sure how interested this site would be in future art from me >.> I mean, I'd love to get involved with the community, but being one of the few that don't draw ponies or animals of some kind, I feel sort of alien here in a way :(

I think people would be very interested. Certainly on the previous version of the forum there was lots on non-pony art. Keep it coming, it's great stuff, and there are heaps of pony-art and non-pony art appreciators here :)  People would be keen to see your customs too, I'm sure.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 09:04:52 PM »

Just because you don't specialize in ponies doesn't mean we don't want to see!  :)  NPA is always allowed.  Your people are incredible, I love seeing your art.  And you have a lot to offer the rest of us, since you come from a different artistic background.

Arkillian

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 09:16:31 PM »
All right- I just worry a little. Fandoms have this preconception I've found of what's expected of an artist. I've just found on other fan sites that my art gets ignored cause I don't follow the same style that the original cartoons do, or I like to do my own take on things. I worry that cause I don't draw in G4 or older generations style AND I don't draw ponies that there will be this tubbleweed effect XD. I don't know why fans frown on originality or doing their own thing, but they do. That may also be cause the general fandom for Ace Attorney are in their teens though, and it's a Japanese game. Hopefully with an older fandom, it's easier to fit in ^^; Lol. I'll see how it goes :) If people don't mind that I don't draw MLP and still want to see my art then I'll repost :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:18:06 PM by Arkillian »

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
Please do!  :)

Offline Lina

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 07:19:52 AM »
i agree, please share more! :heart:

...and yeah, i guess comics are a patience thing for me. i can't bring myself to draw backgrounds, and i can't even draw one character all over again... the only thing i might be capable of is drawing small comic strips! :silly:

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 11:51:22 AM »
All right- I just worry a little. Fandoms have this preconception I've found of what's expected of an artist. I've just found on other fan sites that my art gets ignored cause I don't follow the same style that the original cartoons do, or I like to do my own take on things. I worry that cause I don't draw in G4 or older generations style AND I don't draw ponies that there will be this tubbleweed effect XD. I don't know why fans frown on originality or doing their own thing, but they do. That may also be cause the general fandom for Ace Attorney are in their teens though, and it's a Japanese game. Hopefully with an older fandom, it's easier to fit in ^^; Lol. I'll see how it goes :) If people don't mind that I don't draw MLP and still want to see my art then I'll repost :)

That's one thing that really sets the Arena apart from other forums, we're not so much a fandom as we are a community!  And the people who hang out in the art forum do so because we love art!  Any talented artist is welcome to contribute  :D

Arkillian

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »

i agree, please share more! :heart:

...and yeah, i guess comics are a patience thing for me. i can't bring myself to draw backgrounds, and i can't even draw one character all over again... the only thing i might be capable of is drawing small comic strips! :silly:

Question- can you do expression? I find that repetition is easier cause I can make funny expressions on them :) And it doesn't have to be anything great. My first comic was a DBZ comic and the art was pretty crap, even for me back then. That's ok though- it's for fun, right? Don't be so critical of your art and try something different :) Just expect that the first wont be great, but they'll get better :)

[quote author=ZennaBug link=topic=285328.msg28896#msg28896 date=1327866682
That's one thing that really sets the Arena apart from other forums, we're not so much a fandom as we are a community!  And the people who hang out in the art forum do so because we love art!  Any talented artist is welcome to contribute  :D 

I hope so :) Cause otherwise I dont' have alot to give back besides art advice XD I'm no good at commenting on art ^^;

Ummm... More art

I wanted to do a TRON tribute via one of my favorite fandoms, Ace Attorney. I tried to redesign their outfits for the Tron universe. Left to right- Kay Faraday, Shilong Land, Sheena, and Miles Edgeworth. Done in Copics on bristol, A5 in size.

A poster I sell at conventions. I wanted to try a minimal colour poster of a character of mine from an Ace Attorney fanfic I'm writing called Zeth Gant. I wanted a James Bond theme without it being James Bond. The cool thing about this? Learnt how to actually use Illustrator CS2 with it. Yup- It's done in vectors :) Took AGES to vector, but totally worth it ^^ Sells pretty good as a poster, and looks great on the wall :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal