collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with buyer from Italy.  (Read 482 times)

Offline Anime_Amy

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Problem with buyer from Italy.
« on: January 29, 2014, 03:59:36 AM »
So I know there is a topic about shipping to Italy. It is funny that it comes up now since I am having this very issue on ebay.
I had just recently found out about this after someone from Italy won one of my pony lots. I found out about the restrictions through Ebay and immediately went and put Italy off my ship to list. I also started a case with the buyer and said I would not be able to ship the ponies because of said restrictions and apologized. I just don't feel comfortable doing something like that and something happening to the ponies.

The buyer closed the case stating they didn't understand and that they had had plastic toys sent before and told me to contact them and explain why. I told her that some sellers will but I did not feel comfortable doing it.

I then contacted ebay over the phone and told them the issue. Because the buyer had not paid they refunded my FVF and sent the buyer a message explaining the restrictions. I also asked if it was okay for me to do a second chance offer and they said yes that it was taken care of. So I have already listed a second chance offer for the lot and the offer was taken. I have already got the package ready for mailing to the second chance buyer.
The odd thing is that the original listing still shows up in my sold items? Ebay said it was taken care of so I am not sure if they canceled it or not. I know for a fact I got the FVF returned. I checked my ebay statement. That was the only reason I felt comfortable offering the lot to another buyer.

I was contacted by the buyer again asking to ship to another country for them. I then again said no. I would only ship to the registered confirmed address and that ebay had already refunded the fees and the listing was no longer available- I thought at this point the issue would be over.
They then contact me again threatening to contact ebay and report me if we didn't come to an agreement. The agreement being I send an item I wasn't comfortable sending to them at this point (and was no longer available).

I told them the same thing again and they still don't understand and are contacting ebay. I did apologize profusely for not realizing the restrictions before I listed the items.

Not 100% sure what to do other than just let everything take its course and let ebay tell them no. I think there is some kind of language barrier though. Waiting to talk to ebay again today. There is really nothing I can do at this point.

This is frustrating. I have never had a bad feedback (and hope I don't get one now) and am an excellent seller on Ebay and Etsy. I pride myself on excellent customer service. I have never had to deal with an issue like this. I have been very professional through all of my messages. I just hope I am doing the right thing :/.

Post Merge: January 29, 2014, 07:49:39 AM

Resolved!! I hope!
Buyer finally understands! My guess is that ebay explained when they contacted them. Hopefully I won't have any more problems.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:49:39 AM by Anime_Amy »
GryphonGlassware.Etsy.Com

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Problem with buyer from Italy.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 08:02:20 AM »
That sounds like a frustrating situation! I'm glad it's resolved.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 05:21:40 PM »
I am so glad you got it sorted, still frustrating though  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 05:30:17 PM »
I'm glad you got it resolved quickly too :hug:   :bigups:
 - its really frustrating when a buyer doesnt understand why you wont ship to them :yikes:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 04:09:38 AM »
Who was the buyer?

Glad it's resolved anyhow!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »
I'll often use Google Translate to write messages to people in their own language if I have to explain things and there is an obvious language barrier. It's been a life saver! I'm glad you were able to get it resolved :)

Offline Anime_Amy

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 08:40:30 PM »
Ugh so maybe not over. At this point I am very wary of them.
They have sent me a second message saying that they are willing to pay me more for the lot to get them shipped. I am getting all kinds of bad vibes from this person considering I am certain that is against ebay policy-- Also bribing me with more money to do something that is technically illegal-- Yea no.

The user on Ebay is 2013itmelli

They have also said that they contacted ebay and ebay said that her and I need to find a solution-- That is NOT what ebay told me. They have already refunded me and said it was a non issue.
GryphonGlassware.Etsy.Com

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 01:44:33 PM »
I would stick to my guns on it. Just a polite "thanks but no thanks" follow up. You have done everything you need to and ebay has dealt with it from their end. Its for the buyer to simply back off now unfortunately.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal