collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Canceled for 2014 - Pennsylvania Pony Meet in 2014, UPDATE page 5  (Read 3992 times)

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: gauging interest: Pennsylvania Pony Meet in 2014
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 07:58:06 PM »
Opalfairie (though she hasn't posted in ages) and I will totally be there!  It's been years since we've been to a meet and we're really looking forward to it.  Really can't wait to see you again Kitkat, and meet everyone else!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
It will be great to see you again, too! :)

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 10:10:06 PM »
I'd love to go to this...I don't have many( really any..) friends, so this would be a good opportunity to meet people!

Most likely I would bring my boyfriend, he's a Brony, but a "normal" one, haha.
I'd be ok with paying a small cost, if it wasn't too expensive, and I'd definitely bring some food, my boyfriend is an excellent cook, so I could ask if he'd like to make anything as well. ^_^

I've attended a few conventions....Bronycon January 2012, Big Apple Ponycon, Bronycon 2013.....but I haven't attended any meetups.

I started collecting with G3, so no problems with early gens for me! My boyfriend prefers G4,because that's what got him into the fandom, but has no problems with older gens, and I'm sure he'd be interested in learning more about them. He's not a collector like me, but he is a cartoon/animation fan.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 06:03:13 AM »
Hi Melipuffles, glad to have you & your boyfriend interested! :) I hope my original post didn't come off as "anti-Brony". :blush: What I meant was more along the lines of not wanting people who are only into G4 to be disappointed in an event not solely focused on G4. :) All pony fans are welcomed & I want all pony fans to have a good time. :bigups:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2013, 06:26:24 PM »
giving this a little :bump: for the weekend.

:biggrin:

Offline Megans_Cousin

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2013, 10:35:38 PM »
Hey! I would really like to be a part of this, but I'm not sure if I'm still going to be living on this coast at that time. That being said, if I *am* able to attend, I'd have no problem paying admission and bringing store-bought food. (I can't cook to save my life!) I'd be up to bringing my boyfriend and he'd probably be open to going, but getting him over to this coast is another story!

My flickr (lots of dolls!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/35518851@N07/

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »
3 hours is a manageable distance for an overnight for a meet so I might be interested. :D

Questions:
-Will you bring anyone other than yourself - Possibly Significant other but he's not much into ponies so it will most likely just be myself. :P

-How would you feel about paying a small admission to help cover costs of the venue (I'm thinking $5-10 depending on the cost of the venue)? Small admission cost is fine by me. I'd rather pay $10 to make sure it doesn't rain on us. :P

-Would you be willing to bring a food contribution? Of course I would be willing to bring a food contribution...especially if its the dessert kind. I love an excuse to bake.

-Have you attended any other pony events, such as a local meet or the Fair? I attended one or two meet in NY and a few of the fairs.

Question: I know some meets are large enough that they can accommodate people having their own trading/selling space tables (I never went to the MD meet but from what I remember of pictures I thought people had tables...). Were you planning to try and make the meet of that scale or smaller?

Will there be space/time for selling/trading of ponies?

I'm excited at the prospect either way. :D
~Foxtale~

pineapple

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 09:13:42 PM »
Hmm, that's a little far for a one day meet for me (almost 4 hours).

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2013, 05:26:53 AM »

Question: I know some meets are large enough that they can accommodate people having their own trading/selling space tables (I never went to the MD meet but from what I remember of pictures I thought people had tables...). Were you planning to try and make the meet of that scale or smaller?

Will there be space/time for selling/trading of ponies?

I'm excited at the prospect either way. :D

Hi Foxtale, glad to have you aboard! :) To answer your question about tables & buying/selling/trading... yes, definitely! :cheer: I'm looking at renting a place that will have tables available (because I would definitely not have room at my house for a bunch of people & tables, lol). Right now, I've got over 40 people that are interested between replies here & the TP, as well as people I've talked to personally... so even if everyone interested can't make it, I think we will still have a pretty large group. :)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
Awesome! :D I'm down! Sounds like it will be a good time. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. ^.^  (As to whether or not I would like some table space is determined why where the fair is held this year and if I can get a table/how much of my collection I sell. :P )
~Foxtale~

girlyponce

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2013, 02:16:25 AM »
It's a bit far, but I do have a house in Philly (with 9 bedrooms) where I could house people if they are coming from far distances :)

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2013, 01:15:12 AM »
It's a bit far, but I do have a house in Philly (with 9 bedrooms) where I could house people if they are coming from far distances :)
-.-
I wish I had a house.... Let alone 9 bedrooms, lol. Lucky!

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2013, 03:19:50 AM »
Oh, this would be amazing! I live about an 1 hr 40 min away, so I would be so down!!!

Questions:

If anyone, I would bring my sister, who will be in college then, so only if she's willing to break away from the college life. I couldn't drag my boyfriend anywhere near a pony meet. An admission fee is fine. Bringing food is fine. This would be my first meet. I used to have a much crappier work schedule, so nothing really ever worked out.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 04:05:56 AM »
Hi everyone! Since this thread got bumped, I guess I should post an update (or lack there of, lol).

I'm still aiming to have a meet sometime in September 2014. I've had to take a break from planning & most pony business (other than selling), as I've been hit left & right with real life problems the last 2 months. I'm hoping that things will settle down soon, and I will have some time & money to devote to securing a location, as well as making some more official plans. :bigups:

Thank you to everyone for your interest, suggestions, and everything! I will update as soon as I can with details. :)

girlyponce

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2013, 07:30:04 AM »
-.-
I wish I had a house.... Let alone 9 bedrooms, lol. Lucky!

Haha! Don't be too jealous, it's my Great Aunt's house, but she always wants the house filled with people (and she's usually on a vacation somewhere)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal