collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mystixx Vampires dolls  (Read 12322 times)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Mystixx Vampires dolls
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »
They didn't even bother hiring an artist who can draw well! Oh god that's hilarious. xD

And the descriptions for the girls! Spelling errors, formatting errors, and they sound like a kid wrote them. Actually, they ALL have the same description. And the Day/Night changer is broken for two of the girls, it shows the wrong girl's Vampire form.

I noticed that too. Whoever made that website has the site-making skills of a coconut XD
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 07:09:44 PM »
I think a coconut could do better. xD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »
....Why on the website do all the girls have the same description??  :blink:

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline TheFuzz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 10:26:39 PM »
These are the most blatant MH ripoffs I've seen to date, the one girl even has Draculaura's sig boots! Also, that website is just...terrible; coconut comment x100. They'd be kinda cute if their cheeks weren't so sunken in and...well, that whole two faces on one head thing.  :( But since the body size/shape and even the feet are similar to MH, I feel clothes swapping coming on, assuming their clothes are decent quality.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 11:53:17 PM »
I actually saw these at TRU today. Seeing those comparison pics on Flickr... I bet Mattel will be suing the pants off that company in no time. Maybe we should all run out & buy up these dolls now. They might be worth a lot down the road if they get pull off the shelves for copyright infringement on Monster High.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 05:08:18 AM »
I think the 'vampire' face is awesome! Though the double face thing in that 3rd comparison shot is terrifying...
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
If you go to mystixx dot com their website works better and each girl has a different description. Any adults seen the anime/manga Rosario Vampire? I love that series and Rosario changes from girl to vampire. I would love to see a Mystixx doll with long pink hair. The Mystixx vampires are a recycling of playhut's last doll line Mystikats, the new dolls have their names.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »
Even on that dot com website, they have two pictures mixed up or something for Kalani and Azra, their pictures are swapped at some point. It's interesting that they have a vegetarian too. She's got Ghoulia's personality and even has the same posture in her pictures as Ghoulia does.

Sorry, can't help but compare. I'm still interested in getting one, just to see.

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 01:04:43 PM »
Yeah, it's strange the pics are mixed up and even the website pics don't match the dolls. Even the boxart doesn't match. That's why I'm hoping with the 2 dolls not yet seen that one will come with long pink hair.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 01:07:07 PM »
I'm totally having a Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone moment with that double faced head...  :lol:  :shocked:

That's the first thing I thought of too! I may get one, cabbage the wig and shoes for an MH girl, and customize the doll into a Professor Quirrell! lol

Her body looks a LOT like Nefera's. The total lack of articulation will probably keep me from buying one, but I hope they sell wigs and accessories separate :D I do have to say that the clothes look extremely cheaply made. Like a tube with a ruffle. If someone was going to steal the MH idea, they could at least make it MORE articulated, or something more awesome than MH. Not these guys, apparently.

Offline Megans_Cousin

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 03:36:04 PM »
This is what I wrote over at the MH LJ:

I just got one over the weekend (Kalani) and my Bf hates her! LOL The quality isn't the greatest, but I've certainly seen worse. I would say the face paint is really well done and probably the best part along with the super detailed boots. I'm really liking her day face at the moment, but the other face is so evil looking, she'd be a great villian for MH! I think it's the sharp angles that make the face so severe looking. The lack of articulation is a bit weird considering the body is so similar to MH, but hey, it's a knock-off. The clothing is okay, but has some unfinished seams that get on my nerves. As for the hair, I picked one whose hair covers the wig caps really well. The green one seems like a really good nylon, but green streaked white one is the crappy nylon. Also, while they are styled in pigtails, they do not cover the other face in the back! That was another thing that freaked my Bf out! I think the wig caps are too big to properly fit MH, probably because the Mystixx heads are so large.

On a side note, I met a woman shopping for MH when I was picking out my doll and she was really taken with the Mystixx! She loved the 2 outfits and wigs and said her teenage daughter might even like them because of the creepy double faces!

I'm also starting to wonder if the other two girls will ever be made, because all the places I've seen them for sale (both in store and online) only have Kalani and Azra for sale. Also, when mine rang up at TRU, it was listed as "Mystixx Vampire Promo". Hmm...

My flickr (lots of dolls!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/35518851@N07/

Cure Marine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 09:15:28 PM »
I saw these a couple of days ago. I mistook them for Monster High dolls for a second, I did a double take. Such blatant ripoffs. I like the idea of a doll with exchangeable faces, but the double-sided face thing is too creepy. I don't really like the shape of their faces either.

Kalani's description kind of fills me with rage:

"Kalani is a strict vegetarian that only eats green vegetables. She loves school and is extremely smart. Before high school her parents, who are both professors, home schooled her. She is nerdy, quiet, thoughtful, and feels most comfortable in a classroom or around books. Her shy personality and extreme intelligence scares off others at school, making it hard for her to socialize and make friends. Secretly, Kalani is jealous of all the popular girls at school and wants to be just like them, especially around boys."

Also, why do the dolls look nothing like the artwork?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:34:35 PM by Cure Marine »

Repulsive333

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »
I just bought 2 today. and they are VERY similar to monster high that i can honestly tell you that Mattel will probably sue them.
I absolutely love them. I LOVE creepy... And their faces are so well done that i couldn't help but buy them.
I took them right out of their packaging because their boxes were crap... BUT i took a whole bunch of comparison photos if anyone would like to see...

BUT to everyone that is wondering they fit MH clothes perfectly even down to the shoes. AND vise versa...
Let me know if you would like me to post them here or in another thread.

The wigs are okay with a little bit of brushing, but right out of the box they are bad. The clothing and shoes are VERY nice and would definitely recommend these dolls to people who love the creepy side of things... They are like a creepier MH doll... lol.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
Yes! Post away!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony