collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: pullip price?  (Read 436 times)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
pullip price?
« on: December 09, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »
so, my hubby has been trying to be sneaky and get me the classical alice pullip for xmas, but he brought me into the loop b/c in the last couple months her price has jumped from the $130s to over $300 and she's out of stock on sites like pullipstyle

can anyone fill me in on why her price has jumped from affordable to unaffordable?
I don't know much about pullips (this would be my first if we find her back under $150), so I don't understand the price difference

will it go back down?

thanks in advance for any insight!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: pullip price?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 01:17:39 PM »
Just kind of depends on availability, I'm afraid. Where is your hubs looking? I know that once dolls go out of stock on pullip style the ebay sellers tend to ask crazy high prices for them.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 01:27:24 PM »
so, my hubby has been trying to be sneaky and get me the classical alice pullip for xmas, but he brought me into the loop b/c in the last couple months her price has jumped from the $130s to over $300 and she's out of stock on sites like pullipstyle

can anyone fill me in on why her price has jumped from affordable to unaffordable?
I don't know much about pullips (this would be my first if we find her back under $150), so I don't understand the price difference

will it go back down?

thanks in advance for any insight!
Probably Alice is a popular Christmas gift?  Also is he looking at the original Alice or the Regeneration (similar but second issue). I think the first issue goes for a lot more.

At any rate I actually have the 2012 Regeneration Alice and am woefully short on space- she was removed from her box once but put back in and looks perfect, I'd be willing to sell her for $100 including shipping if you want her ;)

Post Merge: December 09, 2014, 01:33:18 PM

Also- if you are looking for "Classical Alice" Dal, or "Classic Alice" Pullip "Sepia" they do seem to be in stock on PullipStyle- but I'm not sure if they'd make it in time for Christmas  http://www.pullipstyle.com/pullipstyle/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=alice&osCsid=4e04d695d1d0b384f30ba992c7f42bb7&x=0&y=0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:34:56 PM by Galactica »

Offline Roogna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 02:11:59 PM »
the 2013 classical alice (the one that the 2014 sepia version is based on)
he knows less than me on where to look - pullipstyle, ebay, amazon...

so maybe she might come back down after xmas?

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 02:31:27 PM »
She miiiight, but it's kind of hard to say. It could take a while - the ebay (and amazon) sellers don't seem to have any logic for their pricing, they all just base their prices on each other rather than any actual  market value. So if one is listed for $500, the rest of them will stay right around there. Presumably eventually those prices would come down if they're not selling, but who knows when. The best prices you'd find for her would be on the secondhand market, but then it's just a waiting game.

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »
Pullipstyle is not anticipating any further restocks of Classical Alice at this time, she is sold out through JPGroove which is the US distributor (where pretty much all the US shop get their stock from). Alice is popular in Japan so it's possible that not as many as usual came over to the US in the first place.

Offline Roogna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 06:24:51 PM »
thanks so much for the info and insight!  :)

it sucks that I've missed my opportunity for her :(

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline elisegar3

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 11:36:22 PM »
The blue one is not available but you can buy the "sepia version" (which is very pretty also) right now on Pullipstyle for 113$...  :)
About pullips: prices can change very often. When they are sold out prices goes immediately very high but, if you are not in a hurry, just wait and, very often, you can get a lower price after a few months.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal