collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ugg! So frustrating!  (Read 1919 times)

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
Ugg! So frustrating!
« on: July 07, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »
I just got a G4 on the go RD, buuuuuut she has so many flaws! I had heard many other collectors talk about the flaws with their G4s but I had never encountered those until now.

Here are her problems:

1. Small scratch on Cutie Mark.

2. Cutie Mark lower than normal.

3. Marks where the knee pads are.

4. Two small streaks on left eye.

5. Head darker than body.

6. Head doesn't turn properly on body.

7. Left eye not perfectly centered on eye dent.

And that's just her, not her accessories! Soooo, anypony else TOTALLY FRUSTRATED with the quality of the G4s? Yea, I thought so.  :satisfied:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Ugg! So frustrating!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:12:16 PM »
Every single G4 has head/body mismatch, and everything else is pretty common. I actually sold/traded almost all of my G4s and stopped collecting them because I couldn't stand buying "brand new" broken/dirty toys.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:40:07 PM »
The G4s I have are in pretty good shape, but a lot seem to have factory errors and mismatch problems  :(

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:47:30 PM »
Every single G4 has head/body mismatch, and everything else is pretty common. I actually sold/traded almost all of my G4s and stopped collecting them because I couldn't stand buying "brand new" broken/dirty toys.
I thought it was most common in pink/purple ones? I can't see any differences in my white/blue/orange ponies. It is pretty ridiculous, though. When I bought my FS RD, every one in the store had dirt on it.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 06:49:37 PM »
Purple ponies seem notorious for head/body mismatches... I have quite a few of them. Dirt spots show up pretty easily on white ponies.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »
I just got a FS Rarity, and while I was styling her hair, the first plug just fell out! I sort of re-rooted it, but it took a while and I ended up having to take it back out because of a mistake I made, and getting her head back on was a pain, so eventually decided to just forget it. So now she had an empty plug right in the front!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 07:53:22 PM »
I just got my very first FS (Rainbow Dash) and she has dirt all over her! *cleans Dashy*
My Wish List

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
I thought it was most common in pink/purple ones? I can't see any differences in my white/blue/orange ponies. It is pretty ridiculous, though. When I bought my FS RD, every one in the store had dirt on it.

Nope, its every single normal pony. FS and blind bags don't suffer from it, but all the rest do. Even my molded hair set has head/body mismatch. :/ Normal G4 heads and bodies are made from different plastic. Even on my white ponies I could sometimes see it.

My advice is to NOT store your G4s in "shade". I had mine displayed on Rarity's Carousel Boutique, and the shade from the playset made their mismatch worse. When I realized that, I decided it was time to stop supporting/collecting G4.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
My advice is to NOT store your G4s in "shade". I had mine displayed on Rarity's Carousel Boutique, and the shade from the playset made their mismatch worse.

Wow, that's really weird/interesting. I wonder why that is? Where are our scientists!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »
My advice is to NOT store your G4s in "shade". I had mine displayed on Rarity's Carousel Boutique, and the shade from the playset made their mismatch worse.

Wow, that's really weird/interesting. I wonder why that is? Where are our scientists!

I don't know, but it also happened with the molded hair gift set I was storing in a drawer. I'm still confused about why such a thing would affect their plastic so much (some had a very drastic change I could see across the room).

Offline Zenobiaa

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »
I got a Glimmer Wings Daisy Dreams and in my excited rush I didn't notice that her head was a noticeably lighter purple than her head, and the plastic on her back where wings are attached is lavender, while the rest of her body is a dark purple. She looks like patchwork .-.

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 08:24:28 PM »
Honestly, G4 pony problems don't bother me in the slightest. My Fun at the Fair Apple Bloom has a small smudge on her left eye, and her tail is shorter than average, yet she's in the basic pose, and Hasbro seems to have forgotten they ever made her in that pose, so I'll likely never get a replacement for her in the same pose, but I don't care, I don't mind her flaws, they make her unique.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline StarlightGaze

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »

Do you mean the color actually changes chemically or just makes it more noticeable? The color mismatches don't really bother me THAT much, but I can understand frustration with it. The bodies are a softer plastic than the heads, so it makes sense that the dyes won't set identically.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »

Do you mean the color actually changes chemically or just makes it more noticeable? The color mismatches don't really bother me THAT much, but I can understand frustration with it. The bodies are a softer plastic than the heads, so it makes sense that the dyes won't set identically.

I don't know. Some already had noticeable mismatch, though not very bad, but others looked almost completely perfect beforehand. I didn't document anything because the moment I noticed, I took photos and put up a want to trade thread and they were mailed off in a few days.

I don't mind head/body mismatch on older ponies (one of my favorite G1s has it), but on brand new toys I have an issue with it.

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »
From what I've seen the low cutie marks are a general problem the G4 pegs have. My Rainbow Dash has the same problem, and a piece of paint is missing in the cloud part of her cutie mark. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal