collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?  (Read 23366 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2012, 08:22:11 AM »
Ya she mailed out on 12/02 Griffin, so I would say 17th would put you at two weeks from mailing. I do hope it gets there on time!!!
my order was shipped on December 4th (I ordered on november 23rd) so I'm not sure how accurate the shipping information on the website is.

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2012, 08:39:46 AM »
Hang on, I thought one hank was supposed to rehair one pony and that was a pretty good yardstick? So now the weights/quantities supplied have dropped by a huge percentage and the prices have remained the same? Wouldn't it be better to keep the original quantity and raise the price (to be as user-friendly as possible) if cost is the issue?...It's not like most people only want to rehair 60% of a pony.  I think this is pretty appalling, and very disappointing.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2012, 09:07:50 AM »
it depends on the size of the pony.
If you do mostly G4s, like me, you can get 2 or more ponies from just 1 hank, if you use a single color.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2012, 09:18:09 AM »
It also depends largely on how much hair you want to use.

I used to cut the hanks in half and and reroot a pony using a half a hank. But, lately, I've been having to cut the hanks in quarters instead, because I'm running out too quickly when using a half. And, rerooting a G3 in a single color, cutting the hank into quarters uses up the entire hank...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2012, 10:06:09 AM »
I wish there was an alternative way to get in touch with her.. other than email or here

Someone mentioned that she used to have a phone number listed so I went to her website to see if there was an alternate contact method and found the following on her contact page.

"I usually take the weekend off, and sometimes, I even dare to take a weekday (or two) off... sometimes I even take off a few days in a row! If you email me and do not receive a response right away, please do not freak out. One of the great things about owning one's own business is that the business owner can make his/her own schedule, and I often take full advantage of that fact.

Our phone number is no longer in service, and honestly, Dollyhair is so busy with orders that if I were to make myself available by phone, then that would take time away from order processing.

We're not Amazon.com. We're not eBay. And we're not selling kidneys and livers for life-saving organ transplants. Dollyhair is a small business that's owned by me, Tina. I'm a wife and a mother, and I have two employees."

To me, just because you're a small business or because what you sell isn't "important" doesn't mean you can't have the same level of customer service as the big boys. I know many small business owners who do a great job of it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:02:28 PM by NoDivision »

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2012, 10:16:16 AM »
Hang on, I thought one hank was supposed to rehair one pony and that was a pretty good yardstick? So now the weights/quantities supplied have dropped by a huge percentage and the prices have remained the same? Wouldn't it be better to keep the original quantity and raise the price (to be as user-friendly as possible) if cost is the issue?...It's not like most people only want to rehair 60% of a pony.  I think this is pretty appalling, and very disappointing.

That's what we're trying to find out, let's not jump to conclusions. ^^ We don't know if this is the new standard or some kind of mistake, hence the board. I also emailed Tina and pointed her in the direction of this thread because I noticed a lot of people saying they hadn't emailed due to the message on her site. Figured it wouldn't hurt to send her a message - she can't know if there are problems if we aren't contacting her. Now, if she's not reading email, that's another story, but I think she's reading them, just not replying. She sent me out some replacement hanks on 11/30. All I had to do was email her about them, and 4 days later [original email 11/26], I got the shipping notification saying she sent them out. She didn't respond to the email, but I got my hair (and while I'm here, I can't weigh mine, but they do seem on the thin/light side, and the handwriting is different). I do think she really does need to dedicate some time to emails, I don't exactly believe there is any reason not to keep correspondence with customers, no matter how busy - without the customers, there is no business after all, so the customers should have the highest priority, and not just customers who have already placed orders but those with questions/concerns too, but I think the message on the site is at least a step in the right direction since the last thread regarding her & DH. I haven't really had any issues personally with contacting her, I have usually gotten timely responses, but I know in the last thread it seemed not all messages were getting replies. Anyway, went off on a tangent there. I just don't think we need to start complaining about new practices until it's confirmed one way or the other. I agree with those saying you'd rather receive the amount of hair we were receiving, and paying a little more, but let's not get too rash and make assumptions. We don't know the reason for the weight differences in hair yet.
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2012, 11:08:38 AM »
Blackestbird, I agree that we should not jump to conclusions or speculate about why this change has occured. I started this thread simply to gather data to see if this smaller amount of hair is "normal" with these new orders or if I got a fluke bad batch. Unfortunately it seems like many people have found the same thing that I did and are understandably a little disappointed.

The reason I did not contact Tina (in addition to the message on her website) is that I was not sure what to say to her about the situation - as I said this is the first time I've been disappointed in the product I received. I have just been trying to find out more about what other people are receiving and thinking about what might make the most sense in proceeding.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:18:43 AM by NoDivision »

Offline blackestbird

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »
That's why I quoted a specific user, NoDivision ^^ I'm glad you started this thread, especially seeing how many instances of lighter hanks have been seen, and I really hope Tina addresses this soon. I understand the disappointment too, count me among them if indeed this is a new standard with these lighter hanks. I'd rather pay more and receive the same-weight hanks we were receiving prior, than being unsure of how many lighter hanks to order. The post I quoted just sort of said 'I don't like these changes being made at DH,' and we don't know for sure what's going on yet. It could still be an accident of some kind, but I do get the disappointment too, for sure.

I didn't really quite know what to say either, especially because I don't order hair as much as others do so my own comparisons aren't as helpful really, so I just directed her to the thread instead. In other correspondences with me though, she's mentioned that she doesn't always see posts like on here, the TP, FB, if she's not directly contacted about a problem, so I just sent her a message directing her over here - I think I pointed her to thread last time too, because she was responding to my emails quickly, and I remember other people had stated they hadn't received responses. I just figure she can't know about a problem if we don't tell her, but at the same time, the message on her site saying she isn't taking care of email right now, while it does let us know that, it isn't exactly helpful when problems do come up. I think the thread was a good idea to get some information on it to weigh the probability of it being a fluke vs. a change at DH, and now that a lot of others are reporting the same problem, I just thought I'd say something to her and on the thread. I didn't mean to rub anyone the wrong way if I did.

To me, just because you're a small business or because what you sell isn't "important" doesn't mean you can't have the same level of customer service as the big boys. I know many small business owners who do a great job of it.

Agreed. There is no reason for a lack of customer service. If you're going to run a business, that really needs to be the priority regardless; the customers need to be happy and feel taken care of, after all, they're really the reason a business is successful or fails, because without a customer base, you can't have the business. I've been happy myself overall, but I don't have the same issues as a lack of replies as others have had.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:47:38 AM by blackestbird »
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2012, 12:09:17 PM »
I'm in the same boat as you - I'm not jumping to conclusions, just made an observation.  Also, I should point out that my lighter hanks were also in the bags with the new writing.  If I were to guess (and it is solely a guess, I have no grounds to be able to confirm ANY of this), it would seem like maybe Tina hired the extra help that the last thread involving DH kept suggesting that she did - and she fully disclosed to us on multiple accounts that it took a hefty amount of time to properly train employees to to use her equipment.  It could be a new employee (which the new handwriting could belong to) still learning how to properly use the machines. 

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
Yikes.. Im really glad I resisted the urge to buy the new hair when she announced the sale. I've been burned by her lack of customer service skills often enough, that I doubted it would go well. Im sad to see I was right. If I need any of her hair in the future, I'll stick to getting it through trades.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I don't feel like getting fooled by her again, as that seems to be the pattern with her when it comes to her promises to do better.

Miserati

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »
I received my hair today. -- 6 hanks. I first stood them next to 6 older packs and they came out looking like Kim's packets. My scale measures in ounces and came out as follows:

Blizzard - .42 oz
Blizzard - .43 oz
Sunlight - .47 oz
Pomme d'amour - .48 oz
Wisteria - .38 oz
Brilliant Black - .32 oz  ( this is by far the saddest offender. :< )

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2012, 01:08:50 PM »
Thanks for adding your info. That's weird because my brilliant back was the biggest of my order. Very inconsistent.

Offline blackestbird

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2012, 01:36:14 PM »
I can't get weights, so I'm not sure how helpful this is, but broken down by color, I had Guacamole, Lapis Sapphire, and Black Magic sent to me. All seem to be very thin, and Black Magick and Guacamole weigh nothing in comparison to Lapis Sapphire, which also seems very light, but it's the heaviest of the three. But I don't have a scale to actually weigh them with, unfortunately.

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2012, 01:48:29 PM »
My hair finally arrived today and its a little thin as well :/ She did add a small holiday gift and an extra hank which is really sweet. I ordered 18 hanks and they came out like this-

.35oz-.39oz x8
.40oz-.45oz x9
one at .46oz
and one at .52 oz

I have 9 older un-used hanks bought at the start of last summer weighing in between .51oz-.58oz each.

I wouldn't mind paying a little more if its a cost issue to get the amount I'm use to getting. When they fluctuate its hard to tell how many I need to get in each color to cover all my projects :/ If I had known there are a bunch of colors I would have ordered more of. As it is they will have to wait now as I only order hair in $50+ increments and don't have another hair buy in the budget for 3 months.

I would like to say it is probably a new employee- I messaged her right before the sale because I needed some Wysteria for a commission and wanted to know if she would have more soon- she told me she had it in stock and just had not put it up on the sight yet because she had new colors as well and and new employee who she was training. She wanted to give this person a little more training before getting flooded with orders.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:50:31 PM by Sanadaookami »

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2012, 01:53:47 PM »
I wish there was an alternative way to get in touch with her.. other than email or here

Someone mentioned that she used to have a phone number listed so I went to her website to see if there was an alternate contact method and found the following on her contact page.

"I usually take the weekend off, and sometimes, I even dare to take a weekday (or two) off... sometimes I even take off a few days in a row! If you email me and do not receive a response right away, please do not freak out. One of the great things about owning one's own business is that the business owner can make his/her own schedule, and I often take full advantage of that fact.

Our phone number is no longer in service, and honestly, Dollyhair is so busy with orders that if I were to make myself available by phone, then that would take time away from order processing.

We're not Amazon.com. We're not eBay. And we're not selling kidneys and livers for life-saving organ transplants."

Rub your costumers the wrong way much?!
After reading that, I don't think I will ever spend my money on DH again. (At least not first person through Tina....)
I'm so sorry for all the problems everyone is having.
:( :( :( :( :( :(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:56:59 PM by Whoa1234 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal