collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High returns again!  (Read 33894 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High returns again - 10/02 HC Frankie, Skulltimate Secrets S2
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2023, 02:16:24 PM »
SO I SAW SOME UPDATES AND THERE IS AN ABBEY AND OH MY RA YOU GUYS SO LOOKS SO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if I can post here let me get the tumblr link but I am D Y I N G  she is so perfect and beautiful  :cry:

https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/2871-monster-high-2023-new-student-dolls-abbey-bominable-and-clawd-wolf.html

There is more but ABBEY!!!!!!!!!!! ABBEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 05:56:54 PM by Lady Frostbite »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2023, 07:17:07 AM »
@Lady Frostbite :freak: She looks awesome! Definite must have.  :lovey:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2023, 09:19:38 AM »
Hehe I was wondering when you'd see her Lady Frostbite :)

I think I'll pass on both of them Clawd might tempt me when I see him in person... I'm not a big fan of the boys, but I find it hard to resist the wolves. something about his face bugs me though, his eyes look kinda dead, esp. compared to Abbey :/ Abbey isn't one I'd want myself but I do think she's one of the best G3 dolls yet.

There's also a new party line :) Monster Ball: https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/2797-monster-high-monster-ball-dolls.html

Best Draculaura yet IMO, I think she's really cute, esp. her hair. Lagoona and Cleo do nothing for me. And CLAWDEEN omg omg omg <3 <3 <3 I love her tux!!

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High returns again - 21/02 Sig Clawd/Abbey, Monster Ball line
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2023, 12:45:03 PM »
Ghoulfriends this Abbey is giving me so much joy  :cry: I could honestly cry, she's so PERFECT!!

Lala's dress is fun, I wonder how it would look on G1 Catty??

Lala's dress and Clawdeen's tux are very Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love, they're pretty much remixes.

I STILL don't like that film over Cleo's eyes, it makes it look like there's a sheet of protective plastic I need to peel off to show the real colour underneath!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2023, 12:51:37 PM »
Who is Sig Clauwd?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2023, 11:45:49 AM »
I'm not trying to ignore your question, LaW, but I'm unsure what you're asking. This new signature Clawd?

Here's my Skulltimate Secrets Lala clutching her candy lollies!

She's pretty cute but in desperate need of a bang trim. Or shall I say a fringe trim?  :biggrin:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2023, 02:40:21 PM »
Shockponie, your new Draculaura is so cute!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2023, 08:20:27 AM »
I STILL don't like that film over Cleo's eyes, it makes it look like there's a sheet of protective plastic I need to peel off to show the real colour underneath!

Ahh this is a great description of it!! I don't like it either, I don't get why they did that. It just looks so weird!

Love that photo shockponie!! :)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2023, 09:33:10 AM »
Mattel Collector are starting a MH "Fang Club"...

https://creations.mattel.com/en-gb/pages/monster-high-fang-club-membership-faqs

From what I understand, this is what it's going to be about:
- Membership is $10 per year, which isn't too bad.
- Club members will be able to buy exclusive items that won't be available to any non-club members
- Club members get priority to buy certain MC exclusives
- It says membership is available to "any of the countries listed in the "Country" field that appear during the checkout process" so I think it's available to non-US fans.

I've heard there's going to be a club-exclusive Ghoulia doll, but I can't find that on the site itself? But it's possible it's on there and I'm just missing it, tbh I find the MattelCollector site difficult to navigate.

Not sure how to feel about it. The starting price seems pretty reasonable but who knows how expensive the actual dolls will be, not to mention we haven't even *seen* them yet... personally I think I'll wait for more info and go from there. What do you guys think?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2023, 03:11:05 AM »
I'm not really a fan of the new style, so won't be pursuing it, but I'd definitely find out what, if any, additional shipping costs incur for fans outside the US. Sometimes Mattel have had very high shipping charges in the past.

Personally, I'm not interested in what they're now passing off as Ghoulia in the new reboot. I'm on the fence whether I'd been tempted by an old school Ghoulia doll release now, actually, given that they've (in my opinion), so thoroughly reinvented the character. I feel her reboot is cowardly :/

I know that the colouring and expressions on some of the dolls bother me (Frankie is TOO BRIGHT, and Lala's expression is weird to me), but I think the dilution of Ghoulia is a big reason I can't support this new release. I don't like that they're using her as a dangle to get people interested in the club, when she was popular previously for all the things she no longer is.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2023, 10:13:37 AM »
I think the club dolls will probably be G1-style, going off the previous Mattel Collector releases.

I agree that it's pretty lame of them to have the first club exclusive be a... well not a "new" character, but one they haven't released a collector doll of yet. I mean, I get why they'd do that, but it still kinda bites.

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2023, 12:22:44 PM »
I'm pretty peeved about it, because it will not help curb bot scalping as they claim. From what I've heard from the Barbie members of the same program, and it does not guarantee you're able to purchase from them, many, many people still end up having items sold out while they're checking out.

From the MH FAQ, even:

"Am I guaranteed the chance to purchase each version of the member-exclusive items?

Since all items offered as member exclusives are limited in the quantities produced (excluding made-to-order items), we can’t guarantee every member will be able to purchase each of the items. Your membership does include access to a priority window for select sales that gives members the opportunity to purchase items on Mattel Creations before non-members. In the drop page for each sale, we’ll specify when the priority window begins, if such an opportunity exists.  Note that the priority window time may vary, but may only last as long as the item remains available; once the item has sold out, the priority window ends.

Additionally, members may have the chance to purchase exclusive made-to-order items — available ONLY to Fang Club members. For these items, we produce only the quantity ordered by members, so as long as you place an order for one of these items within the priority window for ordering, you’ll receive one.

NOTE: Membership only guarantees the opportunity to purchase any item we offer; it does NOT guarantee an actual purchase. Also, having an item in your Shopping Cart does NOT guarantee the item is still available and does NOT guarantee an actual purchase. Your purchase is only confirmed once you have both completed your Shop transaction AND received an order number."

So that, on top of the fact that these dolls usually sell out in minutes, and also the fact I've found almost all of them very cheap looking/seeming, (including HC, and omg do not get me started on that Valentine's "Collector's" pack.) this is a very hard no for me. Not going to pay Mattel more money to keep screwing me, lol.
I do not have high hopes for the Ghoulia doll. I love that it'd be Ghoulia, but gatekeeping her behind the membership feels in poort taste- I get they're trying to incentivize people to join, but feels a bit like a rug pull on top of the fact I have a sneaky suspicion she's going to look pretty cheap and half-inspired, too. Maybe I'll eat my words though, I mean, I'd like to- I was totally blown away by Abbey when I thought her doll would be pretty basic, but also that's playline G3, not G1 collector's, and I've been very seldom impressed by the G1 collector's dolls as a whole. I think they had way more potential than they're seeing.

So, kinda bummed this is how they'll be moving forward with things as it seems it will cost more to solve nothing; though I would love to eat my words on that as well lol. I'll wait and see from the sidelines how this goes for a while before trying it out. Though a majority of people I saw in another online MH community were complaining in every direction about this, how scummy it is, etc, but then ending the post with, "But of course I still bought it anyway because I'm afraid I'll miss out even if I don't like them." Which of course people are entitled to spend their money as they please, but all that does is fuel this very practice they hate & complain is scummy. I don't get it.

Also, why they wouldn't make all orders made-to-order instead of these mad-grab drops of a few hundred is beyond me.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 12:27:10 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2023, 01:51:28 PM »
Though a majority of people I saw in another online MH community were complaining in every direction about this, how scummy it is, etc, but then ending the post with, "But of course I still bought it anyway because I'm afraid I'll miss out even if I don't like them."

I don't understand that attitude... people can do what they like with their own money, but personally there's very, very few things I'd pay out for totally sight-unseen... just saying "there's an exclusive Ghoulia" isn't enough for me - I want to see her before I pay up XD I don't really get the "FOMO" angle because c'mon, there'll be leaks, lol, there's no way the club-only pics, etc aren't going to get shared outside of the club the second they drop. If it's anything like MC's regular exclusives the club stuff will be announced before it actually goes up for sale, I imagine there'd be enough time to sign up for a membership last-minute if they do make something that appeals to you... If that makes sense. I dunno, I've never quite understood the attitude of "I'm complaining about this but I'm buying it anyway".

For me there's not enough info available for me to have strong feelings about the club either way. It doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in... To be honest I've had a hard time getting really excited about MH lately in general :/ Most of G3 is very samey (and they're taking forever to release over here!), and the G1 collector dolls are pretty (well.. mostly, don't get me started on that Cleo/Deuce set) but it's exhausting going through the buying process. I'm not sure how they could fix the scalping, bot etc problems cause you're gonna get those no matter what, but they definitely need to try harder to sort it out.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High returns again - 17/03 MattelCollector Fang Club
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2023, 06:48:20 PM »
I don’t plan to do the club.  It sounds kind of neat but, I would hate to miss out on a doll after paying $10.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: Monster High returns again - 17/03 MattelCollector Fang Club
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2023, 11:13:07 AM »

Sneak peeks of the new Ghoulia exclusive.

I'm.... still not jumping out of my seat to go buy that membership lmao.
That's all I have to say.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal