collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 93010 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #675 on: April 09, 2024, 06:54:26 AM »
What I usually do, is set a rough budget and try to stay within that each time I'm ready to buy more than one book. :)  Amazon sometimes has better prices than bookstores on manga.  Walmart and Target also sell a few popular series at slightly below retail price.

I read that "Malefic Black Crystal"  has been changed in the Sailor Moon Eternal editions to "Beguiling Black Crystal" during the Black Moon arc. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 10:33:53 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #676 on: April 09, 2024, 03:07:51 PM »
I only buy Japanese manga so I have to be very selective about which lines I buy. Right now it's only Yona I think...since Daiya has ended, and I don't see there being another actual volume of Saiyuuki in my lifetime considering that it's been about two chapters in five years or more *lol*.

In a way Saiyuuki needs to stay unfinished, though. It's so much about the guys on a journey that the finale almost seems secondary. At least to me.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 10, 2024, 04:45:07 PM »
I wish the publisher of Daiya would take a chance in the US and release physical copies of the books in English instead of just e books. I have a few of them on my e reader, but I don't want to get the entire series as e books.  I have no doubt that a manga focused on baseball would do well in the US if it was easier to access. I feel the same way about the anime too.  I can't find anything so far about Act II being published in English yet.   I can't read Japanese, so buying the books from Japan isn't a viable option for me.

I wanted to get Komi Can't Communicate 29 today, but Target and Walmart didn't have it in stock.  I know there wasn't a delay on the release date because I saw it in the bookstores.  Target has really cut down their manga section.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal