collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Giant SDCC :muffin: Pony  (Read 6935 times)

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Giant SDCC Ditzy Doo
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 07:57:47 AM »
Hoping that Fluttershy thing at the bottom is an iPad cover because I need one! :p
If that's an iPad cover, I hope it fits two-year-old first-gen iPads. Cause that's what I'm using and judging from how Leapfrog, VTech and Hasbro are apparently teaming up to collectively suck my bank dry, I'm stuck with it until one of them stops for a few months to give me a breather (besides, this thing does everything I need it to do anyway).

A seperate site shows that it's an iPad cover. The Licensing Fair had a Rainbow Dash cover on display, too.

I don't think it'll fit gen 1 iPads, though. Apple tries to sweep the previous gens under the rug as soon as new ones come out. The iPad 3, for example, is technically only known by Apple as the iPad, while the iPad 2 is still the iPad 2?

Why not buy an iPad 1 case and put on pony art with Mod Podge? It'll probably be cheaper, then it can look exactly how you want it.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 08:00:30 AM »
I actually like her more than "real" Ditzy Doo!   The wings on the Fashion Styling one (and on all the FS pegasi) just don't look right, IMO.

I will be interested to see the brony reaction.  Although frankly I doubt most of them will even notice the difference, and those who do notice won't understand that it's a G3 body.  Most bronies are more show-savvy than toy-savvy.

I do hope they made a real model of the contest winner's entry . . . not just a cutout.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 08:04:58 AM »
Hehe, you know. I wouldn't worry about bronies hating that Ditzy Doo. Reading on another site, it's getting good reception. Like I said, I think she's adorable. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 08:06:34 AM »
oh hasbro, why you so cheap?! :(
however, I cannot wait for more pics of this event to surface! wheeee!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 08:25:42 AM »
Ooh, I thought she looked funny when I saw her last night. I didn't notice it was a G3 body though. Hasbro, your cheapness continues to amaze me. But she does look adorable, I'll give them that.

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 08:31:01 AM »

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 08:43:19 AM »
I dunno, I can definitely see her flaws, but she still made me smile :) I know lots of people are tired of her because of her controversy, but she's not so bad if you can ignore poo-storms xD I think she's adorable, but I do wonder what she'd look like with an up-close inspection in-hand. The curly hair is a bit odd.

Thanks for that link, Frizzycat! I love all the pics, the new Jem stuff is rad :D

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 08:43:37 AM »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »
I hope it's okay to post this link: http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-2012-jem-and-my-little-pony-displays-6086/

Thanks for sharing! I do wonder what happened to those three other flower girl ponies.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2012, 09:05:31 AM »
Waiiiiiiiiiit a minute.... I'm starting to think Ditzy Doo is CUTE in G3 form!  AUGH!  *dodges flying fakies*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2012, 09:25:25 AM »
Thanks for the pics Frizzycat, neat to see.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2012, 09:32:28 AM »
Hehe, you know. I wouldn't worry about bronies hating that Ditzy Doo. Reading on another site, it's getting good reception. Like I said, I think she's adorable. :D
Well, I wouldn't worry about it either, but for a different reason. According to TVTropes, most of them silently ignore the toys or are indifferent to the toys, the only noise you'll most likely hear are the "fan-dumb" ones complaining about how she doesn't look like she does in the show (then again, they do that with every single toy released by Hasbro, so really no big surprise there).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:54:04 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
I hope it's okay to post this link: http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-2012-jem-and-my-little-pony-displays-6086/

So off-topic, but Jem costumes for Halloween?!  Awesome

--------

I still don't understand the obsession over :muffin: Pony/Ditzy....

Folly

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2012, 09:40:08 AM »
I still don't understand the obsession over Ditzy Doo/Ditzy....
It's kind of a show/fan relation thing.  She has a special place in a vast majority of bronies' hearts because she's how the FiM team have always "acknowledged" bronies.
Well, that and she's cute, but maybe that's just me xD

Stroggos

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »
Well, I wouldn't worry about it either, but for a different reason. According to TVTropes, most of them silently ignore the toys or are indifferent to the toys, the only noise you'll most likely hear are the "fan-dumb" ones complaining about how she doesn't look like she does in the show (then again, they do that with every single toy released by Hasbro, so really no big surprise there).

It's just weird because the G3 and G4's have contrasting art styles - Faust's stuff tends to be clean and simplistic and more abstract, but the G3's are descended from the original much more realistic ponies, and tend to be sort of marshmallowy in shape and stuff.

There will always be mouth-foamers in every community, but I think it's a pretty valid point that this was a weird thing to do. Personally I think hasbro are trying to be a bit cute, maybe? or trying to spread intergenerational love?

What weirds me is that if there is a G4 head that size, why isn't there a G4 body to go with it? Did they like.. run out of time or something?

I'm pretty sure some people are going to go a bit nuts because it's Bubble Horse, but what really confuses me is the motivation to blend the generations like that. I think it would be really cool to see a G3 ditzy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal