collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random/off topic pony thoughts  (Read 20913 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: Random/off topic pony thoughts
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2020, 11:22:29 AM »
Yes, and I disliked it even then! >_< I really liked that set, but when I got one of them, I was so disappointed that there was nothing on the other side...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2020, 04:51:16 PM »
Yes, and I disliked it even then! >_< I really liked that set, but when I got one of them, I was so disappointed that there was nothing on the other side...
Seconded
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Shadowperla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2020, 11:54:46 AM »
G2 ears catch soap real good. *had to re-rinse like 5*

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2020, 03:00:17 AM »
Sometimes there just isn't a thread for them. What have been your off topic pony thoughts recently?

I've noticed that for some G1 white ponies, the whites of their eyes aren't actually painted. So when they discolor, the white part of their eyes turns brown/yellow. I do not like the look.

I have definitely noticed this... right after dying them midnight blue. XD Oh! Uh ... I guess you got some kind of eye condition there, huh Pony Bride?

I don't think this is a particularly unique thought, but I always wonder, who are the mommies to all of the unique babies in the line? Baby Squirmy? Baby Wiggles? Who's mom!? I won't even get into the implications of having 15ish named male characters as the presumptive fathers, but it seems pretty obvious that newborns need mommies! Aww ... unless the "My Little Pony Mommy" commercial jingle is intended to be more literal! That's cute, in that case.  :relaxed:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:08:31 AM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2020, 06:05:52 AM »

I have definitely noticed this... right after dying them midnight blue. XD Oh! Uh ... I guess you got some kind of eye condition there, huh Pony Bride?

I don't think this is a particularly unique thought, but I always wonder, who are the mommies to all of the unique babies in the line? Baby Squirmy? Baby Wiggles? Who's mom!? I won't even get into the implications of having 15ish named male characters as the presumptive fathers, but it seems pretty obvious that newborns need mommies! Aww ... unless the "My Little Pony Mommy" commercial jingle is intended to be more literal! That's cute, in that case.  :relaxed:

I have always wondered this, too! Like the first few sets of babies had a matching mom (although I did like how a couple of the first wave of babies didn't match exactly, like Babies Glory and Moondancer had lighter hair than the adult versions!), but then they started putting out the newborn twins, and what, were they all supposed to be orphans? Then any babies made after that seemed to just be a free-for-all; no need for an adult pony to pair them with.

Also another random thought I had lately while cleaning some of my newborn ponies was that some of their rump symbols are of really baby-ish things...how silly those ponies would look when they grew up into an adult pony and had a crib mobile like Baby Dangles, for example, as a symbol. I'm guessing no one gave this any thought when designing these.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2020, 07:58:11 AM »
That's what I like about the unattatched baby ponies. You can make your own families with them.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2020, 08:25:41 AM »
That's what I like about the unattatched baby ponies. You can make your own families with them.
THIS!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2020, 11:14:16 AM »

True...and I did! Milkweed and Tumbleweed were the babies of Posey and Lickety Split (our Posey was a boy for some reason) along with siblings Tiddlywinks (another poor parentless pony!) and Baby Lickety.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2020, 02:36:42 PM »
I was watching My Little Pony Tales recently and I realized something. For a long time, I had found something strangely unsettling about the way the characters walked on their back legs, and it wasn't just about how unnatural that pose was for an equine, either. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, until it finally dawned on me. Just like in the previous G1 cartoon, the characters' hooves make a clippity-clop sound whenever they walk on hard surfaces. However, while it sounds completely natural when it's four hooves hitting the ground, it just doesn't sound right when you only hear two hooves from someone walking like a human being. You just don't hear something like that in nature, where horses and all the other hoofed animals are always quadrupeds. In fact, probably the only thing that makes this particular sound is devils in movies, since they're usually portrayed with hooves instead of human feet. It might sound weird, but it just makes perfect sense: whenever I heard a MLPT character walk on their back legs, I subconsciously associated the sounds their hooves made with someone with horns and a pitchfork!
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2020, 02:50:08 PM »
I just realized that technically, Tirek from the TV animated special was a collector (and a customizer in a way, if you think about it).

:lmao:!!!

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2020, 03:20:36 PM »
I was watching My Little Pony Tales recently and I realized something. For a long time, I had found something strangely unsettling about the way the characters walked on their back legs, and it wasn't just about how unnatural that pose was for an equine, either. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, until it finally dawned on me. Just like in the previous G1 cartoon, the characters' hooves make a clippity-clop sound whenever they walk on hard surfaces. However, while it sounds completely natural when it's four hooves hitting the ground, it just doesn't sound right when you only hear two hooves from someone walking like a human being. You just don't hear something like that in nature, where horses and all the other hoofed animals are always quadrupeds. In fact, probably the only thing that makes this particular sound is devils in movies, since they're usually portrayed with hooves instead of human feet. It might sound weird, but it just makes perfect sense: whenever I heard a MLPT character walk on their back legs, I subconsciously associated the sounds their hooves made with someone with horns and a pitchfork!
maybe they wanted to make them like the Japanese Takara ponies? They also walk on their hind legs. I know it’s a long shot, but it’s the only explanation I have. The Tales animation and the Takaras are the only bipedal ponies, for whatever reason.

I’m not quite sure I like the Devil symbolism, but MLP does have a lot of religious elements to it already.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2020, 10:02:12 PM »
maybe they wanted to make them like the Japanese Takara ponies? They also walk on their hind legs. I know it’s a long shot, but it’s the only explanation I have. The Tales animation and the Takaras are the only bipedal ponies, for whatever reason.

I’m not quite sure I like the Devil symbolism, but MLP does have a lot of religious elements to it already.
Since Truly's rumpmark came right out of the Bible (dove carrying olive branch to Noah), I made her my Reverend. She became a Christian after reading some of the books stored in the attic with her before she was sold on...

Not to mention the obvious references to Christmas & Easter in a good few Ponies

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2020, 02:20:33 AM »

They wanted to make them more anthropomorphic and more humanish.

It obviously has nothing to do with Takara. Wrong country, wrong language, wrong decade.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2020, 03:42:27 AM »
My friend picked me up the entire series and the only weird thing I noticed was they were kinda jerks in the show. Literally all of the episodes that should have taught some lesson at the end didn't.  There was a whole lot of bickering though xD.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2020, 07:59:38 AM »
Why are true greens such uncommon colors?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal