collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random/off topic pony thoughts  (Read 20918 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Random/off topic pony thoughts
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2020, 08:25:56 AM »
I actually made a rare colours thread in Customs, so feel free to post your gold, silver, brown, tan, grey, red & black Ponies there!!!

I just realized that technically, Tirek from the TV animated special was a collector (and a customizer in a way, if you think about it).
:haha: BRILLIANT!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2020, 08:26:34 AM »
I just realized that technically, Tirek from the TV animated special was a collector (and a customizer in a way, if you think about it).
*coffee spray*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2020, 09:03:29 AM »

:rofl: And a very talented one at that!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline PrincessKittyDragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • All Ponies are Best Pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2020, 11:53:05 AM »
I never had any pony outside of G1, but is G2 and G3 hair in any particular way different?

I think for me its less the texture and more the way its cut! G3 ponies pretty much all have the same length/style except for a few having extra long hair. I feel like its more fun to style G1 hair in different ways, like having curls!

Though maybe its just me but I feel like G1 despite its age has the best quality hair of any gen. I have over 20 G1's now and nearly non of them have awful frizzy after a good wash but a good many of G3's hair feels slightly damaged :<

I also just love G1 ponies lil forelock!  :lovey:

:heart: Instagram is princesskittyowo! :heart:

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2020, 02:10:44 PM »
I never had any pony outside of G1, but is G2 and G3 hair in any particular way different?

I think for me its less the texture and more the way its cut! G3 ponies pretty much all have the same length/style except for a few having extra long hair. I feel like its more fun to style G1 hair in different ways, like having curls!

Though maybe its just me but I feel like G1 despite its age has the best quality hair of any gen. I have over 20 G1's now and nearly non of them have awful frizzy after a good wash but a good many of G3's hair feels slightly damaged :<

When did they stop doing forelocks? Or was it pretty random?

When I was a kid I was always taught G1 = forelock, but when I got older I started noticing that actually most of them don't even have one, only the older ones!

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline RLisa

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2020, 07:18:48 AM »
I'm the same with later realizing the real name of my ponies and I also like to clean up new additions! Feels very rewarding :)

My random thought : it would have been great if they had made more darker colored  g1 and g3 ponies. Some deep wine red, forest green , or an abyss blue.... It's one of the reasons I like the Stranger things applejack so much with her unique colors.
There are black ones from HQG1C, & you can keep some as is & Customise others. I also do a lot of dark colours, including Boys. I was wanting to do a rare colours thread in Customs (red, grey, brown, black). Should I or will somebody else beat me to it???

Those are indeed very cute dark ponies! They're on my wishlist for sure but it's a pity they don't come with any symbols (more to customize maybe?)
That sounds like a great idea for a thread! Sadly I don't have any customs to show off there, but I'll take a look :)

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2020, 08:36:18 AM »

When I was a kid I was always taught G1 = forelock, but when I got older I started noticing that actually most of them don't even have one, only the older ones!

I'm not sure, I know some of the very early G4's had forelocks kinda, more like bangs. It was AJ and Twilight.
I don't think any other gen has them, but I don't know any G2 so they could've!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2020, 09:32:15 AM »

I'm not sure, I know some of the very early G4's had forelocks kinda, more like bangs. It was AJ and Twilight.

A proportion of G2s have them. I have most of mine in storage at the moment but even of the three sitting on my unit with the G4 ponies I can see that Water Lily has one.

I also have a bunch of early G4 with them too.

As for G1, they more or less stop around 1989 but there are exceptions, for example the fringes on the hairdo ponies and great hair ponies (1993-4) and I am pretty sure the TAF babies, some of those have them as well.

There are also some sets like the Sweetberries which have forelocks in the US and not in the UK and Europe, probably due to manufacturing places and timeline.

And there are some earlier ponies that don't have forelocks too, like a lot of the unicorns I think.

Looking at the G3 on my shelf (which is a long way from most of my G3) I can't see any forelocks.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2020, 08:45:12 AM »
A random pony thought that I had was “ is the original My Pretty Pony” supposed to be “TJ”? Since it bears striking resemblance to Megan’s horse in the g1 cartoon. (I know MPP comes first, but I really don’t think it was given a name until the g1 cartoon?)
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2020, 09:39:16 AM »
A random pony thought that I had was “ is the original My Pretty Pony” supposed to be “TJ”? Since it bears striking resemblance to Megan’s horse in the g1 cartoon. (I know MPP comes first, but I really don’t think it was given a name until the g1 cartoon?)
OOFT could be!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2020, 10:23:40 AM »

A proportion of G2s have them. I have most of mine in storage at the moment but even of the three sitting on my unit with the G4 ponies I can see that Water Lily has one.

I also have a bunch of early G4 with them too.

As for G1, they more or less stop around 1989 but there are exceptions, for example the fringes on the hairdo ponies and great hair ponies (1993-4) and I am pretty sure the TAF babies, some of those have them as well.

There are also some sets like the Sweetberries which have forelocks in the US and not in the UK and Europe, probably due to manufacturing places and timeline.

And there are some earlier ponies that don't have forelocks too, like a lot of the unicorns I think.

Looking at the G3 on my shelf (which is a long way from most of my G3) I can't see any forelocks.

That's really interesting that some ponies have forelocks in the US but not in the UK!
There are so many good ponies from the UK that I wish were released here, weren't all the MLP Tales ponies exclusive to the UK? :o

Online FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »

You're right; they do look a lot alike! That can't be a coincidence! I feel bad for TJ; Megan just ditched him for Firefly, Sundance, and the other ponies. I mean, how can he compete with pastel talking ponies, some of them who can even FLY?

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2020, 02:17:11 PM »
Huh, could be. I doubt the animators would be aware of MPP though? And both MPPs were never given official names. They were just called MPP. (And Hasbro really never acknowledged their existence after MLP.) Plus "brown with white spots" is a pretty default/vague horse color... it's pretty unlikely. Is MPP meant to be TJ? No. Is TJ meant to reference MPP? Maybe, though I really doubt it.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2020, 02:22:56 PM »

You're right; they do look a lot alike! That can't be a coincidence! I feel bad for TJ; Megan just ditched him for Firefly, Sundance, and the other ponies. I mean, how can he compete with pastel talking ponies, some of them who can even FLY?
poor TJ never stood a chance. 5 seconds of screentime and a namedrop, and - oh look, pastel magic ponies!
TJ: I see how it is D:<

it'd be really cool to get Bonnie's original natural colored prototype MLP's made, and give them names. one was black, one was deep brown with spots, but the third could absolutely be TJ,. possibly the original MPP.

also, I wonder what TJ's name would stand for. Terrance James? Certainly not a Little Pony sounding name....
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2020, 08:17:13 AM »
A recent conversation about the Precious Pockets made me realize that 1 sided symbols technically had a start in G1.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal