collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else really bored with G4?  (Read 9557 times)

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else really bored with G4?
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2013, 11:32:06 PM »
I've been tired of G4 since G3.5!

:haha: <3

Well I wasn't bored quite that fast, but as of September of this year I've definitely turned into a doll nut :B Since becoming interested in dolls, the only G4 items I've bought were a Build-A-Bear Fluttershy and a 10" Aurora Fluttershy plush (pretty much sticking to Luna and Fluttershy army-building these days). Too bad Hasbro is too cheap to do something super awesome like articulated pony figures. It's also too bad they appear to have switched over to an even cheaper quality factory (if you look at the eye gradients on the old FS Rarity and compare it to RP FS Rarity, Rainbow Power Rarity's eyes are quite crappy in comparison :< too bad, because I was intending to buy her....)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2013, 12:10:10 AM »
How could anyone be bored with numbers like this:

10 applejack

25 rarity

100 Twilight Sparkle

300 fluttershy

1,000,000,000,000,000 Rainbow Dash

1,000,000,000,000,005 Pinkie Pie

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2013, 12:25:43 AM »
Well put, Karen! I'm quite tired of the 6, but the rest is still intriguing to me.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2013, 12:33:45 AM »
Hope they release more ponies soon :) so many boys in the show, they have a big untapped market on them as well :) , even the famous background ponies , just one release for muffins pony and djpon3 so far, no brushable yet for octavia at all or carrot tops, bon bon,dr whooves   And the rest :(!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2013, 12:40:50 AM »
I like the idea of a mass gripe to Hasbro.com! What's the point of sitting here inthe arena grousing about it when we can actually take steps to DO something about it? I'm heading straight there right now to tell them just how I feel about their product, and entirely disappointed I am that something I've kept so close to my heart has been turned into a ghost of its former glory.
I can understand the rerelease thing from their end, but they need to do a better job of it. I hold Monster High as a perfect example of successful rerelease strategy. They have their core characters who get completely different outfits, hairstyles, face paint, accessories etc, but they also release a few new characters in each line, like Gigi Grand and Twyla etc, to keep things fresh and interesting!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2013, 12:51:44 AM »
I hold Monster High as a perfect example of successful rerelease strategy. They have their core characters who get completely different outfits, hairstyles, face paint, accessories etc, but they also release a few new characters in each line, like Gigi Grand and Twyla etc, to keep things fresh and interesting!

It hurts me to say this, but they're doing just that with Equestria Girls. The Rainbow Rocks line might seem weird because it has no tie-ins with the movie or show or whatever, but it's made to lure in Monster High fans. That's evident in the outrageous shoe designs, the dolls getting feet that are arched and have no articulation and the weird-a** outfits. They also keep on introducing new characters to each line or set along with the Mane Six (even though they also seem to focus a lot on Pinkie and Rainbow, who are the most popular ponies amongst the kids).

So I fear bringing up MH will just make them chuckle and point towards their MH wannabes EQG ;)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2013, 01:01:32 AM »
Whatever hasbro says Equestria Dolls is supposed to be, I do not see it as a doll for 'older' people/collectors. As far as quality goes It's still right there in line with the 3 year olds if you ask me.

They've gotta do a lot better job on these dolls to make me believe they're going to attract both doll collectors and older girls to the brand.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2013, 01:09:06 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, and again, and again, but it seems that Hasbro never listens. Personally, I doubt they will listen until we get the message straight about just how bored we are with the lack of new ponies. So why not talk to them?

I mean, isn't it a strange coincidence that, after enough members directly or indirectly asked Hasbro for a G4 Minty they released a G4 Minty? Maybe if we ask them for more variety, they'll give us more variety. Or at least give us an answer as to why they're bombarding us with Plain 6 all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware big H ignores us more often than not, but even if they don't listen we can't say we didn't warn them if the toy line ever comes crashing down from an overload of re-releases. If we don't try, we'll never know. Not to mention it only takes five minutes in the Hasbro complaint department. Or even less time than that to throw a banner in your sig or click 'like' on a facebook page.

So that's what I'm gonna do: voyage over to hasbro.com and give them some honest feedback. I'd encourage anyone else who wants more new characters to do the same.

I completely agree that its worth shouting. :) because you just never know. I think for single community things like Minty its always worth a shot. My only comment on the grander scheme of core characters, is that collectors enmasse did very vocally let hasbro know thoughts and opinions when bore 7 came along. And unfortunately a toy line with core characters is clearly their plan and it must stack up financially enough for them to have been running with it for 6 years now. I dont like it anymore than anyone else but I think in terms of sales and dollars re releases are not going to bring about the end if the toy line g4.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2013, 01:57:33 AM »
(Meanwhile Hasbro is making a dozen new figures for Transformer fans based on random (also awesome) background IDW comic book characters)

/end-rant

:sad:

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2013, 02:05:08 AM »
Nice to see a variety of feelings on this post.

Funko is what's keeping me going really and some WeLoveFine stuff. I think what does it for me is just trying to complete a sheer collection of certain lines or series. Like I'm about done with Blind Bag Wave 9, Funko Mystery Mini's (2 to go), Funko Vinyls (1 to go) and the collectable cards. I saw the new trading card game and bought em because just one more thing to collect and it's brand new. lol. 

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2013, 03:13:41 AM »
Thinking of the media side, I'm a bit bored with how the show seems to live and die by jokes and pop culture references as of late.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2013, 03:28:24 AM »
Thinking of the media side, I'm a bit bored with how the show seems to live and die by jokes and pop culture references as of late.

Agreed. Too many repetitive themes too.
It's not a popular opinion but i think the show needs new characters. How many more episodes do we need about Fluttershy learning to "stop" being shy, Dash doing something sportsy, Pinkie being "lulz so random!1!", Rarity doing something fashion related, Applejack doing something family related and Twilight going "OMG BOOKS". Than again, i never considered any of the characters to really evolve or to be deep.
I did enjoy the "Power Ponies" though. Just because it was something different.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2013, 03:42:08 AM »

Agreed. Too many repetitive themes too.
It's not a popular opinion but i think the show needs new characters. How many more episodes do we need about Fluttershy learning to "stop" being shy, Dash doing something sportsy, Pinkie being "lulz so random!1!", Rarity doing something fashion related, Applejack doing something family related and Twilight going "OMG BOOKS". Than again, i never considered any of the characters to really evolve or to be deep.
I did enjoy the "Power Ponies" though. Just because it was something different.

It's funny that you mention this when the next three episodes of FiM are going to be core character trait centric.

Spoiler
Episode 7: Oh no y'all, the Apple farm is under attack! // Fluttershy tries to stand up and voice her opinion

Episode 8: fashion fashion fashion rarity designer fashion fashion darling

Episode 9: Yee-haw Apple family roadtrip!!!

:lol:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2013, 03:42:51 AM »
I was at TRU on Friday, shopping for gifts for my son and nephew and I always cruise through the girls section to see if they have anything interesting in dolls and ponies. There were, of course, people everywhere. All carts were in use. Lines, lines and more lines. Nearly empty shelves trashed and sale signs dotting just about every aisle....

Except the pony aisle. Fully stocked with the stuff everyone (including kids) already has. No sale signs. No one was shopping the pony aisle. And it's not because people here don't buy ponies.

Hasbro, please stop putting your effort into coming up with bigger and noisier toys. MORE characters, please. And Dear Santa, can I please have a brushable Big Mac???

Also, I think the better question is: Is anyone NOT bored with the g4 brushable line (or lack thereof)???
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:47:48 AM by Salli »

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2013, 03:53:05 AM »

Hasbro, please stop putting your effort into coming up with bigger and noisier toys. MORE characters, please. And Dear Santa, can I please have a brushable Big Mac???

Also, I think the better question is: Is anyone NOT bored with the g4 brushable line (or lack thereof)???

YES, I am getting tired of all the button pushing, lights blinking, magic movement ugly junk that makes ponies continue to look cheaply made.

And YES, a Big Mac, with brushable hair would be awesome, not troll hair, not a mohawk....just a fashion style size with nice long hair...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal