collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93808 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2023, 06:03:36 AM »
i ordered some gardening supplies online a couple of weeks ago and the tracking is all messed up. i didn't get one of the items i ordered. it says it's "running late" along with some other items i did receive. when i click the tracking link it just gives an error. i don't even need the item anymore because my dad ended up buying some clippers for me. it's $40 and i can't just let it go. so i guess i need to call and try to get a refund. such a pain!

also i need to buy a few more things but now i'm really hesitant to order online. a lot of the plants and items are online only. i think i need to find another hardware and garden supply store. i hate actually going to the store now. i'm so used to picking out stuff online. also most of the garden centers close before i get out of work.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 06:07:16 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2023, 06:42:28 AM »
Beth, have you tired Etsy? That's where I got my plants :) They came from a local-ish nursery.

My migraine lasted until late last night. I tried everything but in the end I had to sleep it off. I woke up and the back right side of my head still hurts but nowhere as bad as yesterday. I've taken some medicine and drank a bunch of water, so hopefully it will go away.

The part of my shin I cracked on the Jesus van really hurts lately. I had it wrapped the other day and that seemed to help. My right knee is also hurting today. I think both might be from when I got out of my niece's truck and almost fell backwards when I went to close the door. I think maybe to catch myself I twisted my leg weird or something.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 06:47:08 AM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 02, 2023, 07:46:55 AM »
The mice are really bad this year, probably because it got so cold.  We don't usually have temperatures colder than -5 F but they got down to -30 F this year.  The problem is that the mice in our house are wise to all the traps.  They know how to set off the "guillotine" style traps that kill them instantly so they can get the bait without getting killed.  They usually end up injured and leave blood around them when they do that, though, which is really gross to have to clean up.  The sticky traps don't actually stick to them (which in a way is good because they're not humane anyway so we don't feel a need to use them since they don't work).  We have the plug-ins that are supposed to send out ultrasonic frequencies to chase them away and those aren't working.  They won't go into the live catch traps, no matter what kind of bait we use.  And I had a trap that is supposed to contain the entire body so you don't have to even see it that didn't work this morning.  The mouse was inside but it didn't kill it instantly like it was supposed to, it just trapped it in there so I could feel it wiggling around trying to escape when I picked it up!  And no, we can't get a cat because my dad doesn't want one.  I have even tried asking if we can borrow my friends' cats for a weekend and he says no. 

I wish I could talk to the mice and ask them to leave so I didn't have to deal with trying to catch or kill them.  I don't like killing things but if they won't stay out on their own we have no choice.  Mice carry a lot of diseases because of the fleas and ticks that feed on them.  That's actually the reason the bubonic plague (and many other plagues in fact) spread to humans in the first place.  People were bit by fleas and ticks that had fed off of rodents that were carrying the plague.

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 02, 2023, 04:12:03 PM »
oh i never thought to try Etsy. i'll look there today. BC, i hope you feel better soon!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #484 on: March 02, 2023, 11:15:56 PM »

I ended up with another bad headache, not quite a migraine but the potential to become one so I stayed home and rested. I think I might have caught my niece's sore throat too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #485 on: March 03, 2023, 08:42:16 AM »
Buying plants online can be a minefield. We've a couple of nurseries nearish us, but working out how to get to them without a car is quite...fun. One is a direct bus, ish, but it's a 2 hour wait for one back. The other means getting 2 buses and then wandering around a housing estate looking for a clock tower *lol*. Dad and I might do the second one, later in the spring. If he's with me, I don't mind getting a taxi back. I just don't like doing them on my own.

So three complaints in one, to get it all off my chest.

#1 I still have no resolution on my missing alumni email. I DID make some progress with my other alumni stuff, but I think that's basically all. Sigh. Morons.

#2 On that same note, I checked my university website today to see when the graduation this year will be. It will be September. Let's just say this timing is awkward and some stuff happened and yeah. But I still hope to be going. I did email them to check whether I am still on the list for that and apparently I am. Miracles do exist, but it's so annoying.

#3. Let's talk about buses again, because you know how much I like rambling about them. Our council, which is a mostly good council, perennially tells our ward that there is no money for evening buses. They manage to pay evening buses for half of the borough, but not where we are. Now they are suddenly putting on a bunch of 'new' buses to cover rural areas and commuter stuff so that everyone has access to jobs, education, blah blah. But still nothing here. Our ward has 3500ish people. We now have fewer daily buses than a village of 800 people. Why? You tell me. I don't know. Probably because our councillor is great if you have a problem with playparks, building, duckponds or poor paving, but he's useless about buses. SO I had to write a weeble note to him and the council transport guy to remind them that 'everyone' does include people living here.

...I am so fed up with having to fight for bus services. It ought to be obvious that we need the bus more than the neighbouring community, which has a similar population, but around 60 buses a day at a 10 min frequency and buses up till midnight. We have 9 buses a day, and no evening buses. But one of the new buses goes there instead of here. It's so annoying.

...Bus routes should also not be designed by car drivers. They don't have a clue.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 03, 2023, 06:08:22 PM »
why in the world do websites disable copy/paste?!!! i need to renew an insurance policy and not only do they disable copy/paste and password manager autofill. but also my stupid online account never even works. now i have to call them. also i still need to call about that lost package.

i did see some plants i like on Etsy at a pretty reasonable price. the weather should be nice tomorrow so maybe we'll go look for plants tomorrow. i also need some more gardening stuff. i'm so annoyed by websites that don't work properly that i may go back to in person shopping.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 03, 2023, 07:14:12 PM »
I don't think I'm going to sell stuff online anymore.  I took the time to get another picture of the item taken to show the interested party that the item they said they wanted (and was labeled as yellow) really was yellow and their response was "Ew, it really is yellow.  Can you do one for me in white?" 

Nope.  Really can't.  Not only do I not have another unicorn to paint but I don't want to.   :poke:

This is precisely why I don't do commissions.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #488 on: March 04, 2023, 04:24:02 AM »
No headache but the left side of my face plus my ear hurt. It's from a sore on my tongue. It's on the side, I think I had another one in the same place (or it's the same one that reappeared) and it scrapes against my bad tooth. It's very painful. There's really nothing I can do because of where it is. I still have lidocaine wash but that doesn't last very long.

Eczema is bad too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 04, 2023, 12:50:24 PM »
Breaking in new glasses: 10% eye adjustment, 90% sore ears!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 09, 2023, 05:51:56 AM »
WHY do people go to the theatre and then spend most of the show glued to their phone?!?! If you want to spend the night checking your socials, stay at home!! Argh!!!! It's so distracting when there's someone two seats in front playing with their phone all through the show :/ And the rub is that you can't even really say or do anything when they're that far away from you. heck even when they're closer to you, it's difficult cause I don't want to talk during the show and add to the problem! >_<

I just genuinely don't understand why you'd spend money (it's not like theatre shows are free!!) and then not even WATCH the show. Someone else in the audience was filming at one point and that's also bad/distracting, but at least they were watching it, I suppose? Unlike this other person who was on Instagram or something... with their sound on at one point... :enraged:

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 09, 2023, 07:59:07 AM »
WHY do people go to the theatre and then spend most of the show glued to their phone?!?! If you want to spend the night checking your socials, stay at home!! Argh!!!! It's so distracting when there's someone two seats in front playing with their phone all through the show :/ And the rub is that you can't even really say or do anything when they're that far away from you. heck even when they're closer to you, it's difficult cause I don't want to talk during the show and add to the problem! >_<

I just genuinely don't understand why you'd spend money (it's not like theatre shows are free!!) and then not even WATCH the show. Someone else in the audience was filming at one point and that's also bad/distracting, but at least they were watching it, I suppose? Unlike this other person who was on Instagram or something... with their sound on at one point... :enraged:

Man I’d be fuming. That’s just plain rude. Theatres often have PSAs to not use your phone during the movie. I feel like I’m always near someone who likes to talk talk talk during the movie.  :pout:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 09, 2023, 09:17:43 AM »
Oh I should clarify, I'm talking about a musical theatre, not a cinema. Which is kinda even worse since you can't see a show again, unlike if someone spoils a movie :( I don't understand how they can't realize that they're spoiling it for the people around them!!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 10, 2023, 07:21:04 PM »
I'm feeling really down and overwhelmed.  I'm sure I'm a little overemotional right now, but still...

We have family game nights on the weekends and it's gotten so boring for me because we always play the same exact games. If I say anything about wanting to play something different, my dad will get mad and say I don't want to play.  It was fun at first, but I wish we could mix up the games every once in a while.  Also, my mom has gotten in to a bad habit of either reading a magazine or playing on her tablet or phone while we're playing family games. If I did that I'd be told that I had all day to play on the phone or do whatever and during family games I should put it away.  I can't say anything to her about that either though.  I tried before and she told me that I was jealous of the time she spent on her tablet and didn't want her to have any fun.  It's not that at all.  I just think if someone says you can't have your phone or other electronics out during family games, it should apply to everyone and not just me.

The news did a story tonight on a local district moving to 4 day school weeks for the 23-24 school year.  I was making a comment about another school that already does this in the area and my dad said something about "That's not what they're talking about on the TV."  The point I was trying to make mentioning the other school is that the one that already has mostly 4 day weeks has the students go longer during the day than the schools that have 5 day weeks.  That just proved that my dad wasn't listening to me when I was talking. :(

I'm a little worried about my monthly shots.  I got the paperwork from my insurance company and the shots are really expensive.  When the clinic where I get the shots was working everything out, they told me to call the company that makes the shot to enroll in their financial assistance program so the cost would be lower.  I keep checking with the clinic to make sure there's not a balance owed and so far, they've said that there's no payment due right now, but that I may have to eventually pay a little for each visit.  I don't expect it to be completely free, but I also don't want a huge debt to incur because the clinic isn't making me pay for at least the clinic visit each time.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #494 on: March 11, 2023, 04:47:48 AM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan :hug:

My complaint is about Instacart drivers not wanting to walk up my stairs. Three times now I've had someone give an excuse of why they can't come up, so I've had to go down and get my stuff and then come back up - which is very hard for me! And one of the reasons I shop online in the first place :mad: I've had a lot of trouble with Instacart aside from that too. I never have these problems with DoorDash or Walmart delivery (though Walmart has its issues too). I normally use Instacart to get things from Publix that Walmart is out of or doesn't carry so it's not often. I just think dealing with stuff like stairs is part of the job. And I'm a good tipper too! *grumble*

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal