collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seriously…. Equesteria Girls….  (Read 3820 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Seriously…. Equesteria Girls….
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2015, 02:55:54 AM »
Hunger games is indeed just a Western rework of a Japanese concept that originated in Battle Royale, so accusing something of copying the copied is an ironic assertion to make. I never liked BR but I loathe when something rips an old concept and everyone flocks around it like it is new and special.

I don't see any link though. Bows and arrows had multipke used before that came out and I highly doubt the themes of it rekate at all to mlp and friendship, since it is all about killing.

Going back to the dolls, I hadn't seen Sugar Coat's image till now. I am now wondering whether I should have asked the guy who got Sunny Flare and Lemon Zest down for me whether ir not there were any others behind Sour Sweet. She was right at the top, though, and I didn't want her so I didn't ask...

It doesn't seem like she is out anywhere yet rhough.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: Seriously…. Equesteria Girls….
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2015, 03:58:23 AM »
Yeah, I first heard the Hunger Games jokes several weeks ago or so and was slightly disturbed, considering the subject matter of The Hunger Games. I haven't quite been able to shake the imagery yet, but I'm certain the Friendship Games will be pretty much the exact opposite of The Hunger Games. LOL. Or at least, that their intended goal will be the exact opposite. I won't be surprised if there's some bad attitudes and sabotaging on both sides and not just from Crystal Prep.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal