collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: iron on fabric?  (Read 657 times)

Offline cyanide

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also known as " Epic rainbow crafts "
    • View Profile
iron on fabric?
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:22:51 AM »
Hello everypony!

im looking around for "iron on fabric" ,example to use as eyes for plushies. But im clueless =) , is there any type that can be printed from a normal printer? as in iron on fabric/paper in A4-sizes? if you know what im trying to ask <.<

i have no idea what to search for on the net though, to order some. could any kind soul clear it up for me? grateful  :blush:
Plushie crafter - check out my stuff on deviantart :) : http://epicrainbowcrafts.deviantart.com/

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: iron on fabric?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 08:25:52 AM »
I found mine at an office supply store, but I've also seen it in big stores like Walmart.
The kind that I've been using has a peel-off backing, but some doesn't.

Look for something called "Iron-on transfer paper".  There are usually different kinds for dark fabrics or light fabrics (the light fabric kind doesn't have a white backing, but the dark kind does).

Hope this helps!

Offline cyanide

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 08:35:19 AM »
aha =) thanks! That made the search alot more easy ^^
i dont have a walmart in sweden but i guess looking for a office store could help =). Do you know what the peel off ones name is? that sounds alot easier
Plushie crafter - check out my stuff on deviantart :) : http://epicrainbowcrafts.deviantart.com/

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 10:01:32 AM »
This has nothing to do with what you ask, but as I was reading the board for a second, I though it read Iron on fakie! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 01:33:40 PM »
I have both kinds.  The type for light fabric generally requires you to 'flip' the image before printing, and then you iron it on with the image down on the fabric.  The darker fabric iron ons have the backing to peel off, you iron it on, and done!  They both work very well if you read and follow the directions as best you can (for example, some work well on certain fabrics but won't stick to others, iron settings, time under the iron, etc).  I used them for making shirts (I did a transformers shirt for my husband, made an animal crossing image for a baby shirt for a friend, and I did my Skip Beat Love Me Member cosplay using the sheets as well.  I found all mine at walmart.  Good luck!

edit :  Oh, and it was mentioned before, but the 'light fabric' ones are transparent when ironed on except for the ink from the printer, so for eyes you will want to go for the dark fabric papers and cut everything as precisely as you can.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:35:25 PM by sabathamk »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline cyanide

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 05:06:55 AM »
This has nothing to do with what you ask, but as I was reading the board for a second, I though it read Iron on fakie! 

haha =D that would be something wouldnt it?  3D-iron , get your fakies today! lol

Thanks everyone for you'r replies =) now im off to get me some iron on fabrics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal