collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Another New Version of Veny applejack just hit ebay  (Read 4259 times)

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Another New Version of Veny applejack just hit ebay
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 06:04:37 AM »
I thought the uneven color was pretty normal for that green/blue Venny plastic :what: At least I remember that's what the initial squeaker Blossoms that surfaced on ebay with the green Firefly way back had.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 12:08:15 PM »
Yes, the squeaky firefly was/is pretty blotchy and waxy looking.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 04:30:03 PM »
so I wrote:

Dear barbievzla,

hola Julia! como estas ?  sorry for such pequeno espanol :-) anyhow = once again a lovely MLP = do you have more pictures of around her tail that you could show?  There is concern this may have been one of those squeaky ponies = after bisanti broke up and were the piñata toy line = so it would be helpful like last time to clarify that this is a legit pony.  I know you did at least write you found her in a shop many years ago, so that plus pictures should help.  You have so many one of a kind ponies, your pony collection is amazing for you saying you actually collect barbies :-) just wow

thank you so much in advance for more pictures - all the best on this auction

Monica

- shoppergrrrl

and this is the response:

Dear shoppergrrrl,

Hello Mónica. This pony is not a squeaky pony. I don´t understand your doubt. I live in Venezuela, also I´m always buy rare ponies to sale. This one was made in 1983 by Bisanti. It is a legit pony. I kept some and sold several on Ebay.
By the way, this warehouse no longer exists, the Bisanti ponies are difficult to find even in Venezuela.
Only used, second hand. Thanks.

- barbievzla

So I wrote a longer letter clarifying hopefully and I will let folks know... oh and here is my concerns from the last thread (yes we've written about before)

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,329644.0.html

so in all fairness - on the one hand = did we ever get to know what happened to the white cotton candy??  sad that's disappeared

and on the other hand it is absolutely possible for someone who is a collector who lives in the country where these MLP are found to be spending sufficient time to find and sell MLP - so please don't misunderstand me as I am not saying this person is fabricating this MLP. 

It's just after we have had issues with mismatched head-body ponies and rehairs not disclosed and so many other similar issues on the evilbay that all we can hope for is that people do their due diligence and try to make an informed decision about how they want to spend their pony budget :-)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 06:53:42 AM »
OK I have thought long and hard on this  - mods if I am breaking rules please let me know and edit as needed.    Julia wrote me back that she does look for ponies for her niece (who lives in Texas), but that recently her niece has said she likes monster high dolls so they are selling the ponies they have.  Fair enough.  This applejack may just be a bad-green batch bisanti. Is her hair like the white CJ??  Dunno if anyone has pictures of that to see if that mane is a venne haircolor that's been used elsewhere.

So than the reserve doesn't get hit on the first auction, ok.  So they relist.  So I did place the last bid that was outbid... thought it was crazy high and yet not gonna go over her reserve and it did = dup = lesson learned to wait till the last minute as this is ebay afterall.

So now I don't know if other members have bid to an even more insane amount... or if this is a case of shill bidding. 

Because what did happen with that cotton candy??  All I know is that pinkrose got a second chance offer after the winner backed out (wasn't that convenient).

I really hope I am just being paranoid, but after some more rather lengthy emails with Julia I get the sense that the husband has a very different approach to handling sales than the wife and the husband is all about maxing out the money possibility.  Which is fine if it is just all of us and any other legit buyer(s) having a bid war competing over a MLP...

But given what their last auction did at the end and now this situation I am putting the post out here for everyone.  If you don't want to out yourself on bidding, no problem, that is not the intention.  But I am going to contact ebay and ask if the same bidder in the cotton candy auction is the high bidder here as I just have a bad feeling on this... but maybe I am just being paranoid like I said

boy am I regretting posting that bid now :-/ ah well live and learn

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 07:23:21 AM »
I would not buy from that seller if you paid me!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 08:43:59 AM »
Having the bids private is not very comforting for anyone bidding. I noticed the pony had been relisted & that the bid price made a quick jump, which in my opinion is suspicious since there is already concern about the authenticity of the pony. I haven't personally worked with that seller, so I'm not trying to pass judgment on her, I just think that having the bidding set to public would make potential buyers more comfortable.

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
Yeah, I agree with you. I didn't get a good feeling when the price jumped like that after ending so low the first time. The identities being protected just makes me even more suspicious  :blush:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:56:28 AM by angelponies »

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 02:14:43 PM »
me I was bidding on it as well but now I see she relisted it for a bunch over 500 but what got me concerned is that it stated in the description

but  damages or losses done by some international customs when they check, it is not our responsibility. Sorry no refund or  replacements.

I can not spend that much on a pony that might get ripped apart by mail people it has happened to me and several other people.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »
I agree, I really wish we had good intel in Venezuela like we have Marian in Buenos Aires and Hathorcat in the UK/Scotland to tell us about her poundshop memories etc. 

just wish we could know more about what is all getting found down south of the border these days

Ok so maybe I can't...but I'd love to see what all ponies are just waiting for discovery down there!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 05:25:23 AM »
How many times has the pony been relished? Every time I look I see something on that auction has changed.

I'm sure (well I hope!) that over time we will get to learn more about these ponies :)

Love pkw xx

Offline pinkroze

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 07:31:48 AM »
Just a heads up for those looking to purchase ponies from Venezuela, I got this message from the seller:

Hi there.I inform you. Bad news. I just got out of Fedex Office, and they said they do not send used toys by the moments, Venezuelan customs is being very picky about shipments outside the country, under the excuse of seeking drug, they -venezuelan military- open and break the packages and they do not respect nothing but asked to not damage it, they do., Fedex does not guarantee that do not cut it, Sorry but I can not send anything that will get broken.
The truth is that it is becoming more difficult in this country, I do not know I'm going to do.
Regards.

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 07:54:45 AM »
Just a heads up for those looking to purchase ponies from Venezuela, I got this message from the seller:

Hi there.I inform you. Bad news. I just got out of Fedex Office, and they said they do not send used toys by the moments, Venezuelan customs is being very picky about shipments outside the country, under the excuse of seeking drug, they -venezuelan military- open and break the packages and they do not respect nothing but asked to not damage it, they do., Fedex does not guarantee that do not cut it, Sorry but I can not send anything that will get broken.
The truth is that it is becoming more difficult in this country, I do not know I'm going to do.
Regards.

So I wonder what that means, Buy it now because no more will be shipping or don't buy I can't ship? 
The first thought would be a nice way to try and get people to panic buy before the Country is locked down.
They are in a Major crisis right now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23970027
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 10:54:35 AM »
It would seem that the small window we have had into Venezuela will soon be closed :(

It sounds to me that they just want to close the country off again and discouraging people from shipping out :( there is being careful and being heavy handed. We have seen over time that it is becoming more common place for ponies to arrive damaged, with almost every package being opened and ponies being cut. It was not this bad 12 months ago.

Love pkw xxx

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
The way I read it, the seller is saying that she (he?) can't be responsible for packages damaged by customs because of how strict their country is becoming.

Every package I've had come from Venezuela was opened in customs. I think it's to be expected (ie that packages will be opened & can be damaged), and I can understand why the seller wouldn't want to be out of the money for something she (he?) can't control. It's unfortunate for both collectors and sellers that Ven. customs are so strict. :huh:

Offline pinkroze

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 12:46:25 PM »
I won the auction but we decided to cancel it. Initially I suggested to pop the head open and leave a note to the custom people in the package and she responded with the email above after consulting with FedEx. So I'm not sure when she'll be selling again...

I've had many shipments from Venezuela and the last one was a month or so ago and had no issue, but I guess things are different now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal