collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your Sylvanian Families/Calico Critter/generic flocked anthro animals :)  (Read 8375 times)

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
::nearly dies of cute overload::

I collect these big time, and sadly they are packed away.. but here are some pics of my collection:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
Oh, I was wondering why I couldn't find this thread! Didn't realise it was in this new place! :P

I found another family in a charity shop today! It was the same shop where I found the corgis before too, seems to be a good place!

Here's an up to date group pic of all the Sylvanians I've found so far! All from charity shops - including the little cat and bunny with the maypole, who were actually new in their box when I found them too! The maypole rabbit girl looks like a sister to the school boy rabbit I found a while back.
Shady-looking otter is also a recent find.
Little girl corgi is now practising witchcraft.

Here's the new family, the mice. There seem to be two dads! (Well, obviously whichever one was the mum has just switched clothes with someone else at one point. But now they're officially two dads, I say.)
Also, I believe that one of the babies is actually someone else's (the darker brown one). Whoops?
I love how colourful all of their outfits are! Look at them all, they're so cute!

So there's my scruffy mix-and-match collection so far!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:32:36 PM by RainbowRay »

Offline Xara

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
What a nice find! I had a chuckle about the two dads and adopted baby. When you buy used, you get surprises! ;) I love the dress on the mouse girl. But out of all your finds, I think the otter is my favourite. The Sylvanian otters are just so funny - and cute!

Offline RainbowRay

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
Well, adoption happens a lot with these secondhand ones anyway! The corgis adopted the baby bear, and probably the rabbit kids too since I have no rabbit grown-ups. Butter the cat is probably looking after the young girl cat.

The otter really amuses me too. Partly because of how he sticks out so much! Look at the other animals, all bright colours and round faces - and then there's the dark, drab-coloured, pointy-faced otter. Otter, you are so weird and long! :lol:

volleyballlover7

::nearly dies of cute overload::

I collect these big time, and sadly they are packed away.. but here are some pics of my collection:

I LOVE how you use your Japanese Re-ments as food and such for all of your calico critters :)

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

I LOVE how you use your Japanese Re-ments as food and such for all of your calico critters :)

Thank you so much! I'm a HUGE re-ment collector, and it really works with them! Do you have any re-ment sets?

volleyballlover7

Thank you so much! I'm a HUGE re-ment collector, and it really works with them! Do you have any re-ment sets?

Actually, yes :) I have a couple Rilakumma, Hello Kitty, and several Disney ones :) I think that we should make a re-ment thread on the forum :)

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

Actually, yes :) I have a couple Rilakumma, Hello Kitty, and several Disney ones :) I think that we should make a re-ment thread on the forum :)

I agree!! LOVE me my re-ment, and I have all kinds of sets.  We def need a re-ment thread :D

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
I really love all the flocked animals :3 I have one pink nursery set from calico criters and a baby squirrel with a swing too, I had a cat with a horse and some accesories but I gave it to my bf's little sister <3

my fav flocked animal is a miffy jointed doll that wears her blue dress with white flowers, I bought her dirty and I'm scared of ruining her though :(
anyone knows about that miffy? I'll throw a pic of her later!
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I really love all the flocked animals :3 I have one pink nursery set from calico criters and a baby squirrel with a swing too, I had a cat with a horse and some accesories but I gave it to my bf's little sister <3

my fav flocked animal is a miffy jointed doll that wears her blue dress with white flowers, I bought her dirty and I'm scared of ruining her though :(
anyone knows about that miffy? I'll throw a pic of her later!

Let's see your miffy!

And who's for that re-ment thread? I can probably start one, I have lots of pics of some of my sets before I put them away-though maybe it should be in the dollhouse forum? Tho I use it with my Calico Critters more..haha so I'm not sure which! ^-^

Offline BomChorom

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
These are some of mine. I think the ones that I have are from the Forest Families series.... By the way, I have them since I was 5 and I have no idea how to clean them  :(  I'm afraid that they will be destroyed If I try to experiment with ways to clean them up. Could you please recommend a way? Thank you!!! :biggrin:

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
I use sticky tape to clean my Sylvanians, and it should work for FF too. On the Sylvanian forums they also suggest another method, which is to use a soft toothbrush.

Offline BomChorom

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Thank you very much Frizzycat!! I'll definitely use the sticky tape for a start ^.^ Thanks again!

Offline Xara

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
What a lovely collection, BomChorom! I love that you have so many rarer species there, and also very cute outfits. Most of them seem to be original FF and I see some rarer clothes there too. :) Do you also have adult Forest Families?

For cleaning, it's a bit risky, but not too risky. I would first use sticky tape to remove all removable dirt, dust, threads and hairs. (This takes sooo much patience that I don't have!) :D I don't know about a tooth brush... Personally I have avoided using it. Instead, I have been very brave and washed two very dirty FFs with slightly warm water and stain removing soap. The flocking isn't easily damaged even if you put the critter in water, but to prevent water going inside, I would be a bit careful with their swimming trips. When I washed the two rabbits, I gently dipped them in the water, rubbed the soap on them and then rinsed under running water. Then I left them on a light-coloured towel for a couple of days to dry properly. I know someone who washes all her second hand critters, but personally I would only wash the ones that actually have some goo or dirt stains on them. When the flocking is wet, be very gentle with them, because the flocking might rub off easier when wet.

Offline BomChorom

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Thank you Xara so much !!! I definitely want to wash the little hippo cause he does have a smudge on his head  :( Unfortunately i don't have any adult FF :( I only have little ones cause the children FF were given here during the early 90's as a gift in a greek fast food chain when you ordered a meal for children (like McDonalds has "Happy meal"). So they used to give a little FF with each meal :biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:47:40 PM by BomChorom »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal