collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G2/G3  (Read 1346 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
G2/G3
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »
Where's all my fans of those two generations? I know FiM adds a whole fanbase to G4, and G1 obviously has nostalgia fans but I feel those two are the more underloved ones.

Personally, and this is just on my preference, I think that the G3 ponies have the best faces/poses/bodies. I can't get enough of these girls! I have 16 of them and love them all! I'd like to have more someday too! There's just some really pretty ones out there!

As for G2, these are THE ponies I had as a child. The ones I currently have remind me of my childhood and though they aren't the same ponies I played with, they make me so happy. I like the skinny look of them, though some poses I don't care for their faces.

I'd have to say these 2 gens are my favorite, though I do love me some G4!

Anyone else big on these gens?

My collection consists of:

12 G4s
16 G3s
8 G2s

I might someday get G1s but I'm really into G2/G3 so that'll probably be my focus. G4 is more or less a side collection.. though I DO love them!  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G2/G3
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:12:33 PM »
I ADORE G2s :lovey: Their colors an accessories are the best :lovey: My primary gen is G1 (I've got... probably somewhere around 750-800?), followed by G2s (I may have... 50-80? I haven't counted in forever). I'm not sure how many G3s I have, but it's probably getting up there... I don't like them as much as G1 or G2 though, but I don't dislike them either :awake: For now I only really collect the G3s I like.

Now for some G2 love :lovey:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 09:13:24 PM »
I love me some some G3! :biggrin: They're what got me back into collecting and are my second favorite gen. I have about 150 G3 and I just got through taking pictures of them all :) I'm not so much into G2s, but I'm getting there! There's a couple I would like to have :D

Now for some pics to spread the G3 love! :D

My Wish List

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:15:20 PM »
I love G3's! I've never owned a G2, but I think they're pretty, and I plan on getting some one day.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:15:31 PM »
Holy moley that's some gorgeous G2s!!!!

I love the G3 pics too! I love threads with picture spam! Makes me want to go camera crazy with my herd!

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »
Gasp! I didn't realize the Baby Swirly's accessory was a little "look like Mommy" horn (never looked at the fine print I guess). HOW CUTE!!! :-) Now I have to find those accessories...

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 09:28:49 PM »
My two favorite girls from both gens nuzzling  :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 09:48:36 PM »
I love g3s and I'm really starting to like g2s.  They both have some gorgeous color combinations.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 10:02:04 PM »
*sigh* All the pretty G2s! I only have five, but one day I'll get around to finding more. It's a shame all the ones I really like tend to be harder to come by.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »
I'm madly in love with G2's... love that skinny look.. I was a super skinny kid (medical cond.) and I loved the skinny new look. I also loved the SHS style G1's... my fave pony was Ruby lips!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 11:25:21 PM »
I think when you come out and ask (like you did), there will be plenty of fans that come forward! :) So you aren't all alone. ^^ I love both those gens as well. I think my favorite G2s are Copper Glow, Eve, Teddy, and Golden Glow II. G3s are IMO the prettiest gen out there as far as color combos, though. I am trying to finish my G3 collection but it is hard because it is only MIB ponies. MIB G3s look the prettiest on display as far as any MIB (besides G1 of course, but there's no way I can do that, and we know why!! lol).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:23:53 PM by StarDragon »

biologistkid

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 12:06:04 AM »
I really love the G2 ponies. My favorite at the moment is the Secret Surprise pony named "Spring" (mint green, pink hair, silver stars for her mark). I hadn't seen any G2 girls before, but when I was browsing eBay for the blind bag ponies that I'm missing, I saw her and felt my heart sort of break knowing I didn't have any of that gen! So I grabbed up Spring and had her sent here.

G1 ponies are alright, they're a little oddly shaped for my taste (but there are some that are really cute regardless... like the ever-sought-after Mimic, and Firefly, of course!). My sister and I had a lot of G3's when they were sold, but we gave them away to cousins and now they're a bit destroyed, oops!

Between G1-G3, though, G2 is definitely my favorite, althought I'm not sure why! Haha.

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »
I love G3s. Mainly because they're possibly the closest to the original ponies in terms of appearance. One thing that bothers is that their bodies tend to look a bit too "marshamallowy", but other than that I find them cute. :)

When it comes to G2s, I'm warming up to them more and more. I used to dislike them when I was a kid because, compared to the G1 ponies, they looked really skinny, anorexic almost. I loved the "chubbiness" of the G1 ponies - they seemed to me more cute and appealing that way. So it was kind of shocking for me to see these skinny ponies on the store shelves. :P

At first I didn't plan on collecting these ponies, but after I got a few of those in one lot I changed my mind. I'm starting to like them more and more, and I plan to get myself more in the future. I especially love the babies - G2 has one of the most adorable babies of all the four generations. :)

As of now I only have six ponies - four adults and three babies plus three McDonalds figures.

There, that's my, somewhat, brief, history when it comes to these two gens.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 12:35:48 AM »
I love G2's. Dont worry, there are plenty of lovers here on the arena to both of those gens. :)
I think i was in 6th grade when G2's came out and i loved them ever since.

Thank you :heart:

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 04:03:29 AM »
I absolutely love the G3's since they're so much alike the original G1 ponies. I've always loved those girls and always will :) And from what I can tell there's alot of collectors who really like the G3's and mainly collect those.   

As for the G2's I'm not a huge fan. And I believe it's those who are the most underappriciated ones. However a My Little Pony is still a My Little Pony to me and therefor I love them and collect those aswell ;)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal