collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which PayPal Payment Method is Best?  (Read 632 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Which PayPal Payment Method is Best?
« on: October 03, 2014, 12:28:46 AM »
Should I use the "send money to friends and family " option? Or "send money to goods and services "?

Just a heads up, I'm talking about individual sellers (like here on the Arena for example) and not shops/websites ^^;

So which is better? :o thanks in advance for the answers ^^
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Which PayPal Payment Method is Best?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 02:17:49 AM »
If you are sending a gift payment you have absolutely no protection at all if anything goes wrong. The second you send a gift payment, the person that receives it has no obligation to do anything else. Its now their money and you have no recourse, no matter what. So basically unless you personally know the person you are sending the payment to, already have the merchandise in-hand and just still owe the payment, or the person you are sending to has an absolutely impeccable reputation and feedback, there is no reason to take the risk of using it.

We also do not encourage members to send gift payments here. While I know we have no definite rules on this, it is wise as a buyer to make sure you know your seller. I know I personally would not send a gift payment unless they are a very long standing, reputable member.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

kittyberry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 05:14:15 AM »
i'm fairly sure in addition to the lack of protection, gift payments are accompanied with a fee, and payments for goods and services are not. if anyone knows this for sure or if i'm completely wrong feel free to correct me!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 06:35:45 AM »
i'm fairly sure in addition to the lack of protection, gift payments are accompanied with a fee, and payments for goods and services are not. if anyone knows this for sure or if i'm completely wrong feel free to correct me!

For gift payment (friends and family) -- There is no fee if you use your PayPal balance or bank account for domestic transactions.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

kittyberry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 08:11:57 PM »

For gift payment (friends and family) -- There is no fee if you use your PayPal balance or bank account for domestic transactions.

ah! thanks for clarifying!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 08:22:52 PM »
Ya. i'm deciding to stick with the "goods and services" option :) Paypal will have your back when something happens, its free for the person sending the money, and there's a shipping notice when the seller ships the item ^^
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 09:12:55 PM »
Ya. i'm deciding to stick with the "goods and services" option :) Paypal will have your back when something happens, its free for the person sending the money, and there's a shipping notice when the seller ships the item ^^

Yep, exactly  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal